Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

the wiki page has it right:

A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible.

these are diehard stans who rushed out opening day; they are inclined to vote A.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

"2nd lowest ever for the #MCU", maybe?

Ahh I see what you guys mean. Dang that does suck.

I love some of the small references they made to the first Doctor Strange, like when Mordo gave them some Tea & America Chavez was like "what was in that tea??" There were a few others.[\spoiler]

Edited by KingJay

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

Wanda was amazing :clap3: was rooting for her the whole time even as she was doing horrible things :ahh: 

I once again ask if those who say Wanda's actions are weird: Did y'all watch WandaVision and actually see the end credit scenes? :deadbanana2:

i just remembered the musical notes fight scene :deadbanana4: honestly the most corny thing in any mcu film :deadbanana4:

Holy f*** what an incredible movie wheeeeeeewwwwww my $6 movie ticket was worth it. I didn't not expect it to be that of a horror film. Can't wait for DS3 omggwuwisnsehuejdifuf. :WAP:

Spoiler

And I hope Wanda isn't dead yet or else I'll sue Marvel. :angry:

Edited by Jude

On 5/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, cruelhprince said:

:ahh:

Hide contents

there will be someone left to raise them :ahh:

Definitely the darkest humor I've ever seen. She was scary af. :wanda:

I didn't like it :doc: I LOVE the first Dr Strange.

Marvel is OVER. Wth were they thinking with this movie? Time for DC to rise. 

Oh damn I thought the cinemascore would have at least been A-. 

5 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

Oh damn I thought the cinemascore would have at least been A-. 

Yeah me too. I loved it and is far from the worst of the MCU. 

The movie is in my top 10.

3 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

Yeah me too. I loved it and is far from the worst of the MCU. 

The movie is in my top 10.

I thought it was very enjoyable and Elizabeth served an excellent performance. But I do think it had quite a bit of issues so I'm guessing other people noticed as well. 

6 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This is BAD. Damn. 

I’m so excited to finally see it tonight! But generally a B+ is meh. If word of mouth isn’t good it may not reach 1billion! But I doubt that.

A brutal scene in the movie that you guys might NOT have noticed...

Spoiler

Did you guys know Scarlet Witch didn't only break Prof X's neck? She actually brutally ripped his entire jaw off and it flew away with blood splashes WTF!

Edited by Jude

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Desire said:

I once again ask if those who say Wanda's actions are weird: Did y'all watch WandaVision and actually see the end credit scenes? :deadbanana2:

I don't think anyone is really critiquing this the way you're saying it. I think most people are critiquing the way it's depicted. Of course every big Marvel fan understood what the ending of WandaVision implied, but that doesn't make her character in this any less watered down and two-dimensional. They turned a shakespearean tragic hero into a thin character with an objective that was shoehorned to play in direct opposition of the protagonist's main internal conflict.

I'm not saying I agree with everything stated in this review, though they did make some valid points regarding the convoluted nature of the characters' objectives: https://www.avclub.com/doctor-strange-multiverse-review-benedict-cumberbatch-s-1848871965

It's less to do with 'oh I can't understand how Wanda would suddenly become what she is' and more about the lack of character work the script gives her. Her first interaction with Strange in this film was written so poorly bar one incredible line. Has nothing to do with the actors and everything to do with the script which decided not to entertain morality in relation to trauma and grief in order to circumvent a more straightforward albeit less interesting plot.   

To my understanding, the scenes that have received the most praise are Wanda's fighting sequences (definitely my favorite moments at least.) 

I dont understand the acclaim Olsen has been receiving as Wanda in this movie :rip: I thought her performance was at God-tier level like Phoenix or Ledger before watching this movie. Disappointed to find out She was ok and sometimes cringy :rip: . Goodluck booking that Oscar you speak of. 

Edited by Donquizote
edit

Everything, everywhere all at once was infenietly better than this and I enjoyed the first Dr. Strange. 

A disappointment to say the least.

I honestly think B+ is okay for this movie. The movie was very different, very horror-oriented, and most definitely not what a lot of fans and families were expecting. 

Also, horror movies tend to perform terribly on cinemascore, and Sam Raimi’s style doesn’t usually blend that well with the GP (Spider-man 2 got an A- despite it being considered one of the best superhero movies of all time).

Safe, bland MCU movies that stick to the formula like Black Widow or Captain Marvel got an A- and A respectively and they’re considered 2 of worst MCU entries so far, but they delivered what was expected from them. And that’s what cinemascore really measures. 

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Will Raimi and/or Waldron be back for the 3rd movie?

Waldron better stay away :rip:

rewatching this today

1 hour ago, Zerocoke said:

I honestly think B+ is okay for this movie. The movie was very different, very horror-oriented, and most definitely not what a lot of fans and families were expecting. 

Also, horror movies tend to perform terribly on cinemascore, and Sam Raimi’s style doesn’t usually blend that well with the GP (Spider-man 2 got an A- despite it being considered one of the best superhero movies of all time).

Safe, bland MCU movies that stick to the formula like Black Widow or Captain Marvel got an A- and A respectively and they’re considered 2 of worst MCU entries so far, but they delivered what was expected from them. And that’s what cinemascore really measures. 

Seriously?? Black Widow and Captain Marvel got higher than this??

I 100% agree, this film definitely pushes some boundaries and does something so fresh. It's FAR better than those other films.

Wanda's future:

Spoiler

I fear she can recoup and become one of Avenger's frontliners? There's no way she's dead and I fear there's a way she can be friends with the Eternals. 

After IW/Endgame and specially Wandavision, Wanda has become one of the most popular MCU characters ever. Let's see how MOM impacts her popularity, but they'll definitely bring her back for a solo project sooner rather than later. And this time she'll have a proper redemption arc - not sure about her being a frontline avenger after everything she's done. Why would any avenger, government or civilian trust her after the events of Wandavision and MOM? I have no idea how they're gonna follow up her arc after this movie, but she just can't be suddenly good again and use the 'oh well I was corrupted by an evil book hehe sorry'.

The level of trauma and depression when she comes to terms with what she's done... I can 't even begin to imagine it. I would be scared if I was the writer for her solo project. It's gonna be tough. Perhaps having Wanda show up in the Agatha show to give her a small arc could help delving back into her character in a solo movie. 

1 hour ago, OreGuy said:

Wanda's future:

Hide contents

I fear she can recoup and become one of Avenger's frontliners? There's no way she's dead and I fear there's a way she can be friends with the Eternals. 

Wanda and Thena the power duo we need. 

:jonny5: 

Spoiler

i love how complex Wanda’s character is. she’s not a full villain, definitely not a hero, and we have no idea where she will go from here. i hope they do her character justice, it’s clear that the public want more. i think she needs one more joint venture to rectify her arc then she will be ready for a solo film.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.