RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Mirage would totally be the Jasmine of this season IF SHE ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO LEARN THE WORDS!

I'm still so pissed y'all.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

RATE-A-QUEEN: RDR LIVE

The latest Rate-A-Queen survey is here. Please indicate your Top 3 and Bottom 3 ranking queens from the RDR Live episode. Submissions are open to all, and are due by Wednesday at 8PM Eastern. As a reminder, this is not FPR. You are ranking the queens' performance in the episode overall. 

Scoring for this round: Ranked queens will receive +/- 3, 2, or 1 points based on how you rank them. Unranked queens will receive 0 points. The community's overall score for the queens will be used to determine tops and bottoms for the week. 

https://forms.gle/dSQCqs9ixevX5NK59

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cain said:

Like Sapphira literally made Mirage crumble this episode with just one little trick, that’s charisma to me 

That's when I knew she was done or bottom, editors are so shady. Also, that moment ruined her bad ***** mystique and showed her as a princess vs a queen imo. Shame, hope she can rock AS.

Y’all already playing games with this Rate-A-Queen :chick1:

9 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

That's when I knew she was done or bottom, editors are so shady. Also, that moment ruined her bad ***** mystique and showed her as a princess vs a queen imo. Shame, hope she can rock AS.

I thought Mirage did good in the challenge tho, she gave me typical overexcited SNL host down! 
PLAIN Jane was the real culprit here, she was monotone, and not in a monotone funny way, but a monotone boring way

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, Scandalous said:

how is there so much outrage over a queen we’ve only had for 3 episodes and has NOT excelled in any of them :deadbanana2:

she obviously deserved to stay over Genovia BUT i feel like it’s so disrespectful to Ru to come on the show and not take the time to even learn the lipsync songs. they all get the songs before the show starts so there is NO excuse for not putting in the work

I think cause what we saw - which may have been a generous edit (!) - doesn't match up with a description as blunt as "didn't learn the song'.

(Also - correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't think they get the songs "before the show starts". In all my 10+ years of watching, I understood it that, upon arrival, they get an ipod full of the songs and lyrics sheets. They're also then told either the day before or the day of what the actual lip sync song will be.)

If Mirage never heard "Dark Lady" before, it's not exactly odd if she'd be nervous that she didn't have the very long lyrics down, especially by episode 3. She'd have like what.. 5? 6? days on set and with all the songs.

We literally saw her in Untucked listening over and over to the song yet have no confidence in herself because she found the song wordy and nothing she's ever heard before. It's not Valentina not knowing Greedy and standing still.

This is not knowing a four word chorus:

This is not being able to memorize the multi-paragraph verses of "Dark Lady":

It's ultimately her fault but of course people are going to be sad when she did out-perform Geneva and she didn't actually bomb the lyrics.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

At least we're not getting an aNAYtra situation again.

Well hello,  let's celebrate that.

Msj3BnA.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mirage reminds me a lot of the Girlfriend Experience 

1st episode i throught they were winner material but soon i realised they both insecure and their inner saboteur will take over 

Both SO TALENDED and LIKABLE 

• Like 2

I actually think that Ru was sure Mirage would slay the lipsync and it came to a point that he had no choice than to send her away 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

I actually think that Ru was sure Mirage would slay the lipsync and it came to a point that he had no choice than to send her away 

Yeah, I bet Ru wanted to get her at least 3 or 4 times just to see her twirl.

Mirage vs Geneva (should've been ez)

Mirage vs Mhi'ya or Hershii 

Mirage vs Morphine or Hershii 

• Like 1

I think not knowing the words is like the one ground to get send home om

Like if you don’t know a part of the song and cleverly mumble your way through it (which plenty of queens do lbr) that’s one thing

But visibly not knowing most of the song is just an instant boot sadly. And I wanted Mirage to stay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plane Jane out of drag reminds me of Emma Roberts :rip:

• Haha 9

28 minutes ago, Cain said:

I think not knowing the words is like the one ground to get send home om

Like if you don’t know a part of the song and cleverly mumble your way through it (which plenty of queens do lbr) that’s one thing

But visibly not knowing most of the song is just an instant boot sadly. And I wanted Mirage to stay

Still i think when it comes to lipsync its ALL about confidence and selling it 

The problem was not her not knowing some words . The problem is that it got to her , she had no Confidence she was even struggling with her outfit at some point 

The week before with her catwalk she sold her average outfit , she could have done the same now 

Did everyone watch the same episode? Cant believe people are saying Mirage was robbed/didn’t deserve what she got :biblio:

And people blaming production/Ru when she was her own worst enemy…

Challenged Sapphira for the role and then got cold feet when she actually got it.

Kept saying how alone she was but could’ve asked others to check her material.

Stumbled and stuttered through her monologue and served a Jeb! Bush “please clap” 2016 moment with the “oh, applause there…”.

Said in untucked she didn’t know the words, then flubbed the lipsync.

like come on???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I liked Jane’s dress on the runway but that flat ass wig this week was doing her mug no favors. How’d she look like an oval and a brick at the same time 

Her first week I thought her make up was gorgeous 

Also Mhi’ya and Megami def brought the same Cher look right…? :rip: but Mhi’ya’s wasn’t as good so they acted like she was going for a different black look that didn’t even have a jacket. And then read her for it not looking like the stock image she clearly wasn’t going for anyway :ahh: they hate this poor girl 

edit: Megami not Mirage :rip: 

Edited by Rigalo
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

RDR Live definitely didn't need to come back this season.

Most sketches were terrible.

Correct top 3 though, with two clear standouts. Plane Jane's Cher look was incredible, but Plasma and Q had just as amazing looks + better performances in their sketches.

I think I would've given the win to Q this week. I think she just edged Plasma with her look. But nonetheless, Plasma did amazing. So happy for her as well. Her Barbra was fantastic.

Geneva was the worst this week by far. I was so ready for her to go home. The shock was real when Mirage went home. 

Granted, based on the lipsync it was deserved. I mean, if you flub the lyrics that bad... it's game over. It's a shame because she has so much more potential, talent and charisma than other queens that are still in the competition. I just think she should've never gone for the hosting role.

Mhiya's Cher impression had me dyinggg. 

Dawn can f*ck off. I find her so intolerable. She gives me the yuck more and more each episode. And sorry but her make up is horrible. It did not make sense for her character in RDR Live, nor for the Cher look. If she keeps doing that same make up, I hope the judges will call her out for it.

And damn Amanda... that make up really gave man this week. I can't believe some of the queens complimented her on her mug lmao. She looked horrible.

Sarah Michelle Gellar was an amazing guest judge. So invested and excited to be there. I hope we'll see her back at some point.

Nymphia, Plane Jane, Sapphira, Q and Plasma are definitely the best, and my faves.

Just now, TheseThingsHappen said:

Dawn can f*ck off. I find her so intolerable. She gives me the yuck more and more each episode. And sorry but her make up is horrible. It did not make sense for her character in RDR Live, nor for the Cher look. If she keeps doing that same make up, I hope the judges will call her out for it.

:heart:

• Haha 2

Mirage should not have been bottom 2 in the first place but once you don't know the words... it's only fair. Hell, Ru don't play with Cher, Chaka and Diana Ross and on top of that she was PRESSED at the hair thing, honestly I knew she'd go home then. I will have to admit, I'm not as pressed as everyone else, I'm surprised by the meltdowns. Did I think she'd go before about 6 of these girls? No. But she needed more polishing, I'm sure she'll kill it in AS. 

Mhi'ya is a waste of space and it's a shame that she's only still standing because she made Ru laugh though. I think Ru thought Mirage would assassinate Geneva given by the fact that this is her second time in the bottom, but it backfired.

Also I surprisingly liked Plasma this episode between the challenge and the Mirage lipsync segment lmaooo. And why hasn't the judges pointed out how recycled and stale Dawn's makeup has been? Same look every damn time. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Raw Honey said:

Also I surprisingly liked Plasma this episode between the challenge and the Mirage lipsync segment lmaooo. And why hasn't the judges pointed out how recycled and stale Dawn's makeup has been? Same look every damn time. 

She hasn’t been in the top/bottom yet, but hopefully eventually they ask her to serve something else.

2 hours ago, Cain said:

Like Sapphira literally made Mirage crumble this episode with just one little trick, that’s charisma to me 

I liked Mirage well enough, but this was seriously so iconic and cunty :deadbanana4: 

Sapphira and Nymphia are gonna streamroll this season and everyone else is just on borrowed time. 

3 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

She hasn’t been in the top/bottom yet, but hopefully eventually they ask her to serve something else.

Hoping she gets eliminated before she gets the chance :khalyan:

• Haha 5

i love mirage so much she’s like anetra with sugar/ spice’s polish she’s everything

like she’d be a limited edition doll with bendable limbs and extra tricks in the sugar spice doll collection  

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.