Relief is coming! Work is being done to address the recent server issues. ×

Normani

URBAN

15 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

I got used to not seeing that user and their optics because I think they were banned from the Wild Side thread for destructive trolling.

One of the tricks some of you use is calling any opinion you disagree with trolling. I think it could be considered trolling to start a thread on an artist and then fill it with negativity and call anyone who questions that a troll. 

Always playing Karen on this site 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

7 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Literally two weeks ago Shelven was being negative about Normani dancing in a video and he was doing a lot of piling on. He claimed he needed distance. Literally within the next week he’s back dragging her career and saying it’s  over because ...she’s ...distant? 

I’m sorry but how is that not hypocritical? If you need distance why are you in here being negative? There clearly not good intentions there. 

I don’t see any of you complaining in the other girls’ threads like you do in this one and you think you have some kind of authority to give this disproportionate negativity to Normani. It’s problematic. This is HER thread yet it’s everyone else who gets a pass on here. 

I honestly think some of you harbor some resentments that go deeper than her career. There’s this entitlement and Karenhood going on. It’s noticeable 

Spilled :coffee:

Disappointed Laugh GIF - Disappointed Laugh Glasses - Discover & Share GIFs

38 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

One of the tricks some of you use is calling any opinion you disagree with trolling. I think it could be considered trolling to start a thread on an artist and then fill it with negativity and call anyone who questions that a troll. 

Always playing Karen on this site 

That’s not me, though. Your opinions, however outlandish and conspiratorial they may sometimes be, are not why you have been banned from threads. Not in my opinion. You are directly attacking people on a pop culture forum for their opinions. Not conversing - attacking. That is the problem.

I really do mind my own business on here and in life, so please don’t take this as an attack on you, like you tend to do to others. It’s just so exhausting to see people go after other people when they could just keep scrolling, which is what I usually do and honestly what I should have done today :rip:

44 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Spilled :coffee:

Okay? There's always pressure on people with a clear bias towards Normani on ATRL. Word to the wise.

I am as annoyed as anyone about her situation but at the same time I feel like being negative is counterproductive atp.

When her song comes out, if it does well, no one will care about this down period. If it doesn't, then she's in the same boat she's always been in. I honestly just hope she makes some changes to her team. I feel like S10 is on thin ice.

Tell me how this thread literally just went from worse to worser in the matter of two days and Normani hasn't done or said ANYTHING...like :dies: 

Disappointed Laugh GIF - Disappointed Laugh Glasses - Discover & Share GIFs

At this point, it has been abundantly clear that the reason the girl isn’t releasing anything is because of RCA. Labels in general suck these days and Chloe’s recent statement concerning her own album just saddens me. 

it's the way i came in here expecting to find some substantive news and then found nothing but rehashing old news!!! we're parched

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

At this point, it has been abundantly clear that the reason the girl isn’t releasing anything is because of RCA. Labels in general suck these days and Chloe’s recent statement concerning her own album just saddens me. 

All the black (singing or versatile) girls are getting shelved. 

Like the last breakouts we had were Lizzo and Doja Cat. Muni Long would be the most recent, any genre, black girl who broke out but before her it was years since the last one.

All their projects keep getting shelved or delayed. It’s the weirdest thing ever. I do wonder where Normani’s career would be if she kept doing pop, therefore her demand was up and she got lots of feature opportunities (like Dua, Chainsmokers, and others) along with brand deals in that space. Since she’s gone full r&b with Wild Side and Fair, it’s only been mess upon mess.

Anyways, August will be better than June/July. No worries. :beach:

1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Still confused as to why Chloe's situation is being conflated with others because she and Halle are literally the only artists on Parkwood. It's not comparable to Normani who isn't even promoting when she does get to release music.

23 minutes ago, Flare said:

Anyways, August will be better than June/July. No worries. :beach:

And then you woke up

50 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

Still confused as to why Chloe's situation is being conflated with others because she and Halle are literally the only artists on Parkwood. It's not comparable to Normani who isn't even promoting when she does get to release music.

Chloe’s solo career has a heavy hand from the larger Columbia records, Parkwood does a lot of things for her but any album that is released will have a strong say from Columbia (and Chloe has alluded to a lot of this record label politics in interviews with Terrell the song association guy on YouTube). 

Columbia is owned by Sony. Sony also owns RCA. Normani is under RCA. Bonus, SZA is under TDE/RCA. Her album was supposed to exist several times now and hasn’t.

Are these all coincidences? :fishing:

Edited by Flare

50 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

Normani has promoted the last two singles with at least one live performance that isn’t nothing

1 minute ago, Flare said:

Chloe’s solo career has a heavy hand from the larger Columbia records, Parkwood does a lot of things for her but any album that is released will have a strong say from Columbia (and Chloe has alluded to a lot of this record label politics in interviews with Terrell the song association guy on YouTube). 

Columbia is owned by Sony. Sony also owns RCA. Normani is under RCA. Bonus, SZA is under TDE/RCA. Her album was supposed to exist several times now and hasn’t.

SZA could release whenever she wants and I do not think that has to do with the label saying no. I’m sure they want her to release and she is refusing 

Hate the fact that if the album had come after Wild Side, it would've probably be received pretty nicely. Wild Side was the right launcher. 

39 minutes ago, collin said:

Normani has promoted the last two singles with at least one live performance that isn’t nothing

I figured saying nothing instead of saying the bare minimum would've been kinder to the situation.

41 minutes ago, Flare said:

Literally yes, because their experiences aren't all synonymous. SZA's album isn't out because SZA doesn't want to do a launch, not for lack of hits as maybe the other two might be. And there's not doubt that Chloe's project is coming out at all because her rollout has been consistent, she's been constantly front-facing with her fans and people know she has people with more backing helping her not fall by the wayside while she's doing all of that.

Neither of these situations apply to or are even similar to Normani, who is leaving y'all to come up with a different conspiracy theory every week because she's been radio silent for months, works with an amateur management team and changes backend deals like she changes clothes. All of a sudden saying "it's RCA" after weeks of it being this, that and the third doesn't make sense. I'm sure they're not blameless, but it has to be clear it's more than that by now.  :deadbanana4:

Where did all these weird non-fans pop up from in base? Lemme make a list of people I’ll only respond to because, y’all are just coming in here to start mess when people are just trying to play around and have fun with the wait. This is supposed to be a safe place for Normani nation. :camping:

Also, it doesn’t take a genius to realize Sony (and I dunno MOST MAJOR LABELS) are holding back releases until Beyonce drops. We heard and saw in real time, Normani look like she’s about to drop Candy Paint then completely retract it. When has Normani set up everything that typically points to a single release, do interviews, get all the brand deals together, and then not drop anything? Every insider under the sun said May/June everything is coming and now every insider is like “???”. Girlie was even doing radio interviews to promote Fair and Candy Paint in joint. Like, she was 100% going to drop.

Clearly the industry is on pause for a lot of artists (not every artist) because of Beyonce, the same way things get paused when Adele is coming. The last new music Fridays have been almost exclusively completely unknown artists and one MAYBE 2 big names. Nobody(‘s label) wants to drop right now.

So for once, y’all need to leave Normani alone. It ain’t her fault Sony/RCA is doing what they’re doing. Acting like the girl can tell the CEO of RCA she don’t wanna drop until one more song comes along, no new artist has that power (be realistic y’all :bibliahh: ). The 2021 to 2022 delays are all RCA driven. She only had a say with Tunji and Keep Cool which is LONG GONE.

Edited by Flare

I was going to quote that user but I’m not even sure they’re genuine, so I’ll save my energy.

Fact of the matter is that Normani like many other artist are struggling in the new state of the industry. 

Edited by AFullMoonlight

12 minutes ago, Flare said:

Where did all these weird non-fans pop up from in base? Lemme make a list of people I’ll only respond to because, y’all are just coming in here to start mess when people are just trying to play around and have fun with the wait. This is supposed to be a safe place for Normani nation. :camping:

Also, it doesn’t take a genius to realize Sony (and I dunno MOST MAJOR LABELS) are holding back releases until Beyonce drops. We heard and saw in real time, Normani look like she’s about to drop Candy Paint then completely retract it. When has Normani set up everything that typically points to a single release, do interviews, get all the brand deals together, and then not drop anything? Every insider under the sun said May/June everything is coming and now every insider is like “???”. Girlie was even doing radio interviews to promote Fair and Candy Paint in joint. Like, she was 100% going to drop.

Clearly the industry is on pause for a lot of artists (not every artist) because of Beyonce, the same way things get paused when Adele is coming. The last new music Fridays have been almost exclusively completely unknown artists and one MAYBE 2 big names. Nobody(‘s label) wants to drop right now.

So for once, y’all need to leave Normani alone. It ain’t her fault Sony/RCA is doing what they’re doing. Acting like the girl can tell the CEO of RCA she don’t wanna drop until one more song comes along, no new artist has that power (be realistic y’all :bibliahh: ). The 2021 to 2022 delays are all RCA driven. She only had a say with Tunji and Keep Cool which is LONG GONE.

Weird as hell how they lurk this thread knowing damn well they don’t care for Mani. 

if the reason for the delay is Beyonce we better get the single with lots of promo in August.

56 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

if the reason for the delay is Beyonce we better get the single with lots of promo in August.

That was not happening delay or not.

Candy Paint is still coming August from what I know. 

4 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Weird as hell how they lurk this thread knowing damn well they don’t care for Mani. 

Why would I bother to comment if I hadn't been listening to/supporting her and have grown frustrated like everyone else? :skull: Not looking for an argument but if that's the energy y'all bring to anyone even a little critical, I'll see myself out and wish you luck with the release. You're going to need it.

11 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Literally two weeks ago Shelven was being negative about Normani dancing in a video and he was doing a lot of piling on. He claimed he needed distance. Literally within the next week he’s back dragging her career and saying it’s  over because ...she’s ...distant? 

I’m sorry but how is that not hypocritical? If you need distance why are you in here being negative? There are clearly not good intentions there. 

Hi babes! Wasn't planning on acknowledging any of your posts since I put you on my ignore list after you single-handedly ruined the Wild Side thread, but now that you've finally decided to muster up the courage to mention me by name instead of indirectly post about me 4 times in a row, I figured I'd respond :heart: Nothing in my mind has changed since I expressed my disappointment with her after the CB video dropped. In fact, I was very clear at the time that I wasn't planning on unstanning her and that I would stick around! When I said I was going to get some distance, I meant that I needed to do my own self-reflection and step back from how much I was getting emotionally affected by her career missteps and learn not to care as much - which, fun fact, I clarified at the time as well!

Anyways, since you seem so invested in checking up on me, you'll be happy to know that that's worked well for me. I'm definitely taking a more relaxed, passive approach to her career now, and my posts in here over the last few weeks have just been to further some discussion and get a few kii's in about how nothing is happening. I understand that anything you perceive as even the slightest negativity towards her sets you off (hey, remember that time I casually said she should post more casual, candid Instagram photos like Lauren and you randomly had a meltdown accusing me of being a fake stan who secretly only likes Lauren?), but maybe you should learn to be a little less concerned about what others are posting for the sake of your own mental health:flower: 

You've made it very clear over literal years that you don't agree with the way I discuss her, so continuing to obsess over my posts is starting to feel a bit redundant. Let's all just stay in our own lanes and let the focus of this thread be Normani and not ATRL users we have problems with. Should be better for everyone that way :party:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.