Normani

URBAN

12 minutes ago, Ms.cleo said:

she had numerous claims of being a flop, other stans saying no one moved, no music video accompanying the song, 2 years straight of no music releases and a dream 

We love to see it

Fashion Rihanna GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Is this real real ? Don't want to get my hopes up 😭

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

Just now, Givemeyourcoat said:

Yeah it's real. But for context, #200 on the Global chart has 1.3 million, so 900K is still not great :toofunny2: Cute for a no promo buzz single though :eli:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

Yes the account screenshotted it as well to prove it:

• Like 1

Just now, shelven said:

Yeah it's real. But for context, #200 on the Global chart has 1.3 million, so 900K is still not great :toofunny2: Cute for a no promo buzz single though :eli:

It is for just the song alone, now if she had a video with the song and still only got 900K, then we'd have something to worry about. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ms.cleo said:

It is for just the song alone, now if she had a video with the song and still only got 900K, then we'd have something to worry about. 

Yeah agreed. I said this in the single thread as well, but the #1 lesson her team should be taking from this is that she's the type of artist who really needs a Day 1 music video ready to go. But they didn't learn that from Fair, so I don't have much hope they'll learn from this either nnn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Yeah agreed. I said this in the single thread as well, but the #1 lesson her team should be taking from this is that she's the type of artist who really needs a Day 1 music video ready to go. But they didn't learn that from Fair, so I don't have much hope they'll learn from this either nnn

I honestly think this was them accessing where she was in terms of reach right now. I don't expect them to do this again with Candy Paint and whatever other single they'll push. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Ms.cleo said:

I honestly think this was them accessing where she was in terms of reach right now. I don't expect them to do this again with Candy Paint and whatever other single they'll push. 

Agreed. They needed some data to work off of. Faith restored. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, shelven said:

Oh ok. I don't really understand the numbers and all. Well, let's hope it's a sleeper cute lil hit and spend like 15-20 weeks on the charts. 

I think CP with a video can make some noise piggybacking off of 1:59. So let's hope soon is less than a month from now.

• Like 1

Well, let this be a lesson to Normani, RCA, and her team. Hopefully they realize they need to move on entirely to Candy Paint and come back SWINGING.

At least we have an album date so they cannot push back anymore. :dies:

EDIT: I wasn't saying this in a negative or shady way. It's true, they might've miscalculated the type of support they expected to be received after being radio silent for the past two years. But I truly am thrilled to see that Normani is finally back and releasing music for us fans. I can see Candy Paint smashing if they do this right. It might be a reason why the album was pushed back from May 17th to June 14th. They might've planned for this happening and wanted to test the waters and see what the data looked like before deciding to either shift completely to a different plan or not. Nothing shady at all, I promise!

Edited by Crank_It_Up
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Agreed. They needed some data to work off of. Faith restored. 

This. I can definitely tell this was to gauge where she is within the current music climate and honestly 900k is not bad. Especially being only 400k streams from making global Spotify. The girls are tuned in to miss Mani. Now when candy paint comes with the same playlisting and video it'll be a true moment. I see the vision:coffee:

• Like 3

Mani is really out streaming her "peers" that promote their singles heavily and have accompanying music videos…. DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE NORMANI'S POWER! 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

1:59 is great and one of her best songs idc :jamming:her vocals sound better than ever imo and the production is top tier. I see the vision Ms. Normani! 

I am praying she has at least a few uptempo bops on the album though and releases one during album release week.

• Like 2

If they have a performance/video between now and the radio adds date I think this could end up surprising people.

these numbers still prove that there is real interest in her, so it's not amazing but not horrible.

i also hate to compare her to others, but she really is more of a streaming force.

• Like 6

The positivity in here. I'm genuinely happy with these numbers and hopeful their plan will be great.

• Like 8

I feel like she's waiting for the Taylor album bomb to be gone to give us the video:coffee: im back to delusional nation :bird:

Edited by Getlikemike

She's doing a live on IG tonight! 

spacer.png

the song starts to hit after a few glasses of merlot. whew 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone on Twitter please tell Normani Nation to make sure Normani also shares that she'll be live tonight on her own Twitter and Instagram story.

I don't understand their plan there. You're going to use the page with 5k followers to promote when you have two pages with 3m and 7m right there that have access to all of her fans???? I understand what they are trying to do but that will never take the place of the power of Normani's actual accounts. I'm lost. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

Can someone on Twitter please tell Normani Nation to make sure Normani also shares that she'll be live tonight on her own Twitter and Instagram story.

I don't understand their plan there. You're going to use the page with 5k followers to promote when you have two pages with 3m and 7m right there that have access to all of her fans???? I understand what they are trying to do but that will never take the place of the power of Normani's actual accounts. I'm lost. 

I actually really like the way they're using that account. I agree some stuff should be posted on her mains but there's a sense of intimacy between normanination and her core fans and I think it's important she rebuilds that relationship. She hasn't talked or interacted with us in years. The morale of the fanbase was so low 2 days ago and now everyone is excited about things to come.

• Like 7

I think the Q&As, Instagram lives, some exclusive pics, and other "intimate" stuff like that make sense for the Normani Nation account, but this content is the exact type of thing that she should 100% be putting on her main accounts :rip: The replies to this tweet are all begging them to post it on her main accounts so hopefully they listen :toofunny2:

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

for real. also the promo reel she just posted. why the hell is she posting these kind of stuffs on "normani nation" it just doesn't make any sense.

39 minutes ago, KORDEI said:

I actually really like the way they're using that account. I agree some stuff should be posted on her mains but there's a sense of intimacy between normanination and her core fans and I think it's important she rebuilds that relationship. She hasn't talked or interacted with us in years. The morale of the fanbase was so low 2 days ago and now everyone is excited about things to come.

I understand but she's capping the reach with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

I understand but she's capping the reach with it. 

I feel you. Let's see how she does it next time she has a major announcement. I think this one later today will be her just chatting with fans like her Q&A yesterday.

1 minute ago, KORDEI said:

I feel you. Let's see how she does it next time she has a major announcement. I think this one later today will be her just chatting with fans like her Q&A yesterday.

Yes but her audience at large needs to know that she'll be on there. That's not something that should be reserved intimately for fans to know. It's the difference between 6k fans showing up vs 16k. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.