• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

what Joanne should have been on certain songs

I'll always be a stan, but I'm mad there are ZERO viable alternatives to stanning Gaga, imo. How many boundary-pushing unconventional pop star-actor hybrids are actually out there?

As someone particularly drawn to artists with diverse sounds and versatility, the current landscape is DRY. Taylor is talented but her material has gotten worse and I don't want to align myself with the awful people in her base. Beyonce is probably the closest alternative but her god-like shtick is off-putting. Dua and Ariana are fun pop girls but they're not pushing any envelopes. Billie has done interesting things but sonically, I'm not that into her. The rest of the newer girls are so bland, they're not worth mentioning. I kinda stan Madonna but she's at the tail end of her career. Rihanna is never releasing music again. Katy is Katy.

I'm just glad my faves in other music genres have released material because with Gaga being my key pop fave, I've felt a void in my general interest for pop.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Human Fly said:

billie's album coming in a week or two i dont think miss man would release now 

:suburban:

It's perfect time. A single one week before Billie album. 

2h 2min 

Edited by Daglazzo

11 minutes ago, Aden said:

Katy is Katy

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Aden said:

I'll always be a stan, but I'm mad there are ZERO viable alternatives to stanning Gaga, imo. How many boundary-pushing unconventional pop star-actor hybrids are actually out there?

As someone particularly drawn to artists with diverse sounds and versatility, the current landscape is DRY. Taylor is talented but her material has gotten worse and I don't want to align myself with the awful people in her base. Beyonce is probably the closest alternative but her god-like shtick is off-putting. Dua and Ariana are fun pop girls but they're not pushing any envelopes. Billie has done interesting things but sonically, I'm not that into her. The rest of the newer girls are so bland, they're not worth mentioning. I kinda stan Madonna but she's at the tail end of her career. Rihanna is never releasing music again. Katy is Katy.

I'm just glad my faves in other music genres have released material because with Gaga being my key pop fave, I've felt a void in my general interest for pop.

This is how I feel too. Beyonce is the only other one that is really delivering in the sea of pop girls but everyone else is just bland. I was a big Rihanna fan at one point but ever since she became a billionaire she's become insufferable with her lack of music. While Gaga definitely has more passion for music than Rihanna, I definitely feel like she's slowly entering Rihanna territory in terms of her solo music career taking a backseat. To put it bluntly, pop girls were more fun when they weren't billionaires. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Janet said:

when she could have dropped LG6 right after this

:suburban: :suburban: :suburban: :suburban:

2019 was really something else for us :jonny6:

14 minutes ago, Aden said:

There isn't obviously another 'boundary-pushing unconventional pop star-actor hybrid' to stan, but you don't need to find an alternative to Gaga at every cost, just try to find out new artists or music based on your taste to listen in the meanwhile.

Niche-Alt popgirls (or artists) has been mine in the last years (Jessie Ware, Kali Uchis, Kelela that I often mention) who are by the way excellent also in live performances, lately I got into the St.Vincent album after the suggestions in here and it's really amazing as well, musically they have been lot more interesting for me than the popular girls you mentioned.

Or discover older and more mature artists with a rich discography to check, in the last year I got into Sade, her music is excellent and timeless, recently I'm doing the same with Depeche Mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

GGG93acW0AA2mYK.thumb.jpeg.42675fb1e9017

no TCB film, no LG7, no MET Gala

just a second Nurtec ad and her trying to gaslight us with posts about how much she "lOvES MUSic!!!1!!!"

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

58min 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aden said:

I like Bey a lot, but I wouldn't consider myself a full-blow stan. The closest I've gotten is stanning the alt girlies, especially Carolegend Polacvnt :giraffe:

I've had a great time really getting into artists and genres I've been meaning to tho. Kinda in my hard rock era atm. :giraffe:

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

Oh wow it's 9min 

15 hours ago, Janet said:

when she could have dropped LG6 right after this

:suburban: :suburban: :suburban: :suburban:

One of her best fashion moments ever. :jonny: 

Any prediction for official trailer release date?

Mine is mid next month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Julio said:

announcement today!!!!!!! :mandown:

announcement tomorrow!!!!!!! :mandown:

• Haha 3

Can't believe it's been a month since the teaser trailer. 

2 minutes ago, Si Hoo said:

Any prediction for official trailer release date?

Mine is mid next month.

Joker's 2nd trailer (same length as the teaser trailer) came out late August so maybe the same 

june 7 or june 14 for Gaga :WAP:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aden said:

Feel similarly but Ms Doja is doing it for me lately. :giraffe:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I've had a great time really getting into artists and genres I've been meaning to tho. Kinda in my hard rock era atm. :giraffe:

spill, some ppl here act like she;s the only artist lmao

I've been getting into others lately too and will happily come back when LEE does too :bird:

• Like 1

Did we ever discuss how the bg music with the harp strings coming in that this scene is set to...

joker7-1712712385009.png

could possibly be a snippet of this track? :chick2:

GEDEIS-W0AASMsB?format=jpg&name=900x900

I just randomly remembered it getting registered on her BMI repertoire months ago and was like wait, whatever happened to that? :dies:

Ga co-scoring with Hildur and getting a proper composer credit would be insane honestly :jonny:

• Like 2

Atp I think it's more likely that LG7 is coming after Joker. Still could be 2024. 

43 minutes ago, ReReplay said:

Atp I think it's more likely that LG7 is coming after Joker. Still could be 2024. 

I don't know anymore. 2024 is still possible, but 2025 seems more logical 

Haus Labs going to the Met Gala but not Gaga

• Haha 5

She hates us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.