FKA twigs

Kylie Jenner

FKA-Twigs1.jpg

FKA TWIGS

Tahliah Debrett Barnett (born 16 January 1988), known by the stage name FKA Twigs (stylised as FKA twigs), is an English singer, songwriter, record producer, director and dancer. Raised in Gloucestershire, she became a backup dancer after moving to south London when she was 17 years old. She entered the music industry with the release of her extended plays EP1 (2012) and EP2 (2013).

Her debut studio album LP1 (2014) was released to critical acclaim, peaking at number 16 on the UK Albums Chart and number 30 on the US Billboard 200. It was later nominated for the 2014 Mercury Prize. She released the M3LL155X EP in 2015 to further critical praise. Her work has been described as "genre-bending", drawing on various genres including electronic music, punk, R&B, and the avant-garde.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, onapearl said:

Video for Papi Bones coming tomorrow 

need atlantic to push this:jonnycat:

• 2 months later...

:toofunny2: I didn't know there was a page for her

Killer an amazing, emotional song - YUP YUP!

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

:toofunny2: I didn't know there was a page for her

Killer an amazing, emotional song - YUP YUP!

You’re right and you should say it!

Kinda praying for a full-length album with this sound but half her fanbase would prob have a meltdown.

35 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

You’re right and you should say it!

Kinda praying for a full-length album with this sound but half her fanbase would prob have a meltdown.

If those pretentious people could survive CAPRI, they'll survive a killer-based soundscape :laugh:

No but seriously, it's so exciting she's working on the next album, which she was careful to note (vs. another project or mixtape). And she's been talking about it being cleansing, pure, new way of thinking, etc. I think we're in for a great album . . . knowing her, in several years ( :weeps: )

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyones interested, we will be rating MAGDALENE in this rate

• 6 months later...

• 1 month later...

Not this base being sooo dead lmfaooo. I have been exploring all her music this week and I’ve came to a realization that she is sooo much more superior to Björk in every way - song writing, MELODIES, lyric, singing and more importantly, Twigs is a master at playing with rhythms and Björk can’t stay on rhythm to save her life( I’ve seen many of her live singing n Björk might be rhythmic idiosyncratic; that’s why her music sounds out of sync)! 

Twigs is the most talented artist of this generation without a doubt! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

twigs is such a visionary. Really can't wait for FKA3 this year, esp if it's as dancey as it seems. Let's gooo

(MAG best album of all time btw)

58 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

twigs is such a visionary. Really can't wait for FKA3 this year, esp if it's as dancey as it seems. Let's gooo

(MAG best album of all time btw)

M3LL155X might lowkey be the best EP of all time. It’s soo experimental yet so fuckinggggg catchy ugh! A ******* visionary 

44 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

M3LL155X might lowkey be the best EP of all time. It’s soo experimental yet so fuckinggggg catchy ugh! A ******* visionary 

Indeed. CAPRI great too - she's always serving. Cannot waaaaait for the new project

12 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Indeed. CAPRI great too - she's always serving. Cannot waaaaait for the new project

Capri is really cute but the skits get annoying after the first few times because it disturbs the listening experience. Do we know she’s planning to release for sure this year? I don’t know how she’s gonna top Magalene :redface:the standard is too high 

8 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Capri is really cute but the skits get annoying after the first few times because it disturbs the listening experience. Do we know she’s planning to release for sure this year? I don’t know how she’s gonna top Magalene :redface:the standard is too high 

Totally disagree - they really enhance it and make it more personal / intimate

It was confirmed she's coming, yes!

Totally disagree - they really enhance it and make it more personal / intimate

It was confirmed she's coming, yes!

She's my new fave artist, along with Caroline Polachek.

What are some of her best unreleased songs sis? I heard she has alot.. 

Her most hideous song incoming

5 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

hmmm not sure how I feel about this snippet... there's something missing from her music lately but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Is it actually coming out soon?

6 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

Is it actually coming out soon?

Surely

• 1 month later...

when is she coming? I miss ha

MAGDALENE is genuinely the only album I find to be a masterpiece since maybe Anti. She really did that. I hope she goes back to that kind of sound soon

Horrific start to my Mon with the reminder of that disgusting song's existence above. Vomiting as I type 

• 1 month later...

Can she make a move already, like what is going on with this album

Edited by sneakyishere

Maybe things got complicated when they saw the reception to that vile song :clap3: she can take a few more years if it means releasing another gem and pretending that Monstrosity never existed

• 2 months later...

Can someone PLEASE confirm if anything is coming this year at all?:doc:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.