Adele

iamvladd

In a way I'm glad a certain fandom is getting some much needed KARMA! the vitriol they were spewing in the lead up tonight was disgusting.

irregardless if she lost. she's still a 2x AOTY winner. :foxaylove2:

Edited by Aslan

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aslan

• anti-bitch

• Reflektor_Creep

• supertiffany

I still find it a bit surprising she didn't perform. Especially when she talked about respecting the Grammys last week. It's like she feels conflicted about promoting the album or something.

Just now, midnightdawn said:

I still find it a bit surprising she didn't perform. Especially when she talked about respecting the Grammys last week. It's like she feels conflicted about promoting the album or something.

You can tell it from the way she said that she didn't want another Hello, that she wouldn't promote much. And the she doesn't wanna give this album away like 21 or 25.

2 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

I think she meant respecting as in showing us and giving them your time. I think she's over performing outside of the residency :chick3:

It's so weird seeing her only holding one award in her hands😟and not several😞

Just now, anti-***** said:

love these

IM OBSESSED. I was conflicted at first on the dress but my gawd she just exudes "old Hollywood glamour" and its such a change from the black :jonny5:

well thats it until the 2027 Grammys :fan:

and a month left of the residency :gaycat6:

Edited by Aslan

I will say I was surprised when she lost Pop Album.

2 minutes ago, iamvladd said:

Omg me too! I was really surprised she lost all but AOTY and Music Video. She always owned Pop Vocal Album and SOTY/ROTY. I really wanted Song so she would be the only female to win it the most times???

Well on the bright side, since 30 didn’t win an album award, I Drink Wine can be nominated (and maybe win) next year for pop solo and MV :eli: or Adele could release To Be Loved as a single and submit that instead, no way the Grammys wouldn’t vote such a vocal powerhouse performance for Best pop solo (although let’s be real she won’t ever release it as a single :toofunny3:)

4 minutes ago, iamvladd said:

Ikr, I predicted her to win Pop Album whereas As It Was wins Pop Solo 

That being said, producers know the winners before announcement hence the televised both Pop Solo and Pop Vocal so Adele has chance to taking stage.

My biggest shock is her losing Best Music Film, she was on lock after Emmy sweep. That was so unexpected :deadbanana4:

14 minutes ago, Adelelover said:

It's so weird seeing her only holding one award in her hands😟and not several😞

A winner is a winner :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Adelelover said:

Omg me too! I was really surprised she lost all but AOTY and Music Video. She always owned Pop Vocal Album and SOTY/ROTY. I really wanted Song so she would be the only female to win it the most times???

Do you really think Bonnie Raitt got the most votes  for SOTY? And I don't mean you, but as a general questions. It seemsimpossible. Grammys have this history of giving awards to underdogs.

15 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Do you really think Bonnie Raitt got the most votes  for SOTY? And I don't mean you, but as a general questions. It seemsimpossible. Grammys have this history of giving awards to underdogs.

Before the expanded the nominees to 10, no. But as of late the Grammy results have been so spread out because of the expansion to 10 nominees in the general field. Before voters could only choose from a smaller group which kinda forced the genre voters to vote for the mainstream front runner (or the one underdog nominee that all the non-pop voters could go for, a la Beck for AOTY). But now that they can choose from so many different people, and seeing how the genre voters are loyal to their peers, it really does make sense.

Edited by OneAndOnly

8 minutes ago, OneAndOnly said:

Before the expanded the nominees to 10, no. But as of late the Grammy results have been so spread out because of the expansion to 10 nominees in the general field. Before voters could only choose from a smaller group which kinda forced the genre voters to vote for the mainstream front runner (or the one underdog nominee that all the non-pop voters could go for, a la Beck for AOTY). But now that they can choose from so many different people, and seeing how the genre voters are loyal to their peers, it really does make sense.

I think they should release the votes honestly. Show us exactly how many votes each nominee received in any category. That would clear the air.

12 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

I think they should release the votes honestly. Show us exactly how many votes each nominee received in any category. That would clear the air.

Unlike Bonnie, Bey, Taylor, Adele share a lot of voters 

4 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Unlike Bonnie, Bey, Taylor, Adele share a lot of voters 

I wanna see the votes. I wanna see the numbers, lol.

While of course I wish she won more, and performed, it’s nice to see that from now on she no longer has to deal with the constant expectations of having to sell 20 million records and sweep the Grammys every time. Assuming she actually releases music. She seemed relaxed tonight.

9 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

While of course I wish she won more, and performed, it’s nice to see that from now on she no longer has to deal with the constant expectations of having to sell 20 million records and sweep the Grammys every time. Assuming she actually releases music. She seemed relaxed tonight.

Yeah, and now there's no more need to follow up 25 OR the perfect Grammy run since 2012. It's like total freedom.

Only thing I’m really slightly let down about tonight is her not using today as an opportunity to perform one of the 30 songs that hasn’t been performed live yet. And not just To Be Loved, but pretty much half of the album we’ve yet to hear live. And I don’t think we’ll have another opportunity again since it doesn’t seem like she’s switching up her Vegas setlist :katie:

I honestly think she was collateral damage this year. Vegas-gate and lack of promotion made it easy to snub her.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.