Adele

iamvladd

32 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I keep going back and forth on what will go down at the Grammys. She's attending so that's hopefully a good sign, but she mentioned being respectful to the Grammys and others so does that mean she doesnt have even a clue if she's the frontrunner for AOTY and the other noms?

Also the chances are very slim but if she wins all seven she breaks the record she shares with Bey- most won by a woman in one night.

I really doubt she wins all her nominations

She's losing Best Music Video for sure

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aslan

• anti-bitch

• Reflektor_Creep

• supertiffany

3 minutes ago, Green said:

I really doubt she wins all her nominations

She's losing Best Music Video for sure

thats true. im just wondering what the ratio will be cause anything less than 3 or 4 will kinda be messy.

How the hell is EOM still in Top 100 Spotify after >1 year of release? :deadbanana4:

Imagine if it won ROTY and SOTY, I think it will shoot to Top 20.

I won't count her out especially when she won all EMMYs during her flop era.

At this rate, I think she has gained enough respect in the industry that she'll win anything :jonny5:

1 hour ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I keep going back and forth on what will go down at the Grammys. She's attending so that's hopefully a good sign, but she mentioned being respectful to the Grammys and others so does that mean she doesnt have even a clue if she's the frontrunner for AOTY and the other noms?

Also the chances are very slim but if she wins all seven she breaks the record she shares with Bey- most won by a woman in one night.

She mighta been tipped off that she's gonna win *something*. Like, she said at the Brits last year that she knew going in there that she had won at least one. I know they aren't really comparable as awards shows, but still.

And I really hope she wins big, whatever amount. Because it would prove that the other artists (still) love her. And that she did not get those previous Grammys just because of her sales. And that there's no committee voting anymore. So if she wins without them, again, a proof that she was always loved. It wasn't just some white men deciding to give her everything. And honestly, if Taylor's won AOTY three times, then for damn sure Adele should too.

43 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

I won't count her out especially when she won all EMMYs during her flop era.

At this rate, I think she has gained enough respect in the industry that she'll win anything :jonny5:

Yeah, like, there's no more committee voting, so we will see exactly what the other artists think about her. But I feel confident that she's universally loved.

6 hours ago, anti-***** said:

Yeah, like, there's no more committee voting, so we will see exactly what the other artists think about her. But I feel confident that she's universally loved.

well that's the thing the voting committee isnt so controlled now. i really dont think she can sweep again considering the critical acclaim and success some of th nominees have had this year- some that surpasses Adele's own year. 

the committee was for nominations (to my knowledge) her peers still voted for both of her AOTY wins so:foxaylove2:

Some people just need to understand outside of twitter people prefer A to Bey..GET OVER IT :coffee2:

it doesn't mean tho that A is safe because look at last years upset with Jon Batiste winning over the front runners Olivia and Bille.

Edited by Aslan

There's no way she's winning AOTY, it's either Kendrick or Beyoncé. Miss EOM, on the other hand, will collect its due flowers.

10 hours ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

They have been to the same places together just not photographed. For example the Celine concert at Hyde park, spice girls concert and a few other events

why do I feel like she's avoiding them :fan:

Poor Sony/Columbia :fan:

Lets hope Jonathan comes thru bts to secure votes :psych:

I mean we didn't even think she was going to win the Emmy but her special swept every award it was up for :foxaylove2:

2 hours ago, Filpo said:

There's no way she's winning AOTY, it's either Kendrick or Beyoncé. Miss EOM, on the other hand, will collect its due flowers.

It probably won't be Kendrick. Rap albums are never able to get votes from artists in smaller sub-genres that vote, unfortunately.

iirc members of each genre, recognized by the Grammys, cast their own votes. When you look at the genres, you understand why black artists struggle in the general field categories. Ones like Classical, Country, New Age, American Roots, etc don't vote for rap albums. That's also why Beyonce has never won it either. They make "black music", so the old white men in those categories will never vote for it.

However, I actually think Adele, Beyonce, and Harry might cancel each other out in AOTY voting and someone like Brandi Carlile win take it. EOM probably wins Record and Song of the Year though (AIW is her only real competition), which is a great night for her if it does.

We'll know ahead of time though based on what genre albums are presented on the pre-show. If they do Pop Vocal Album on the pre-show, and she wins, then she likely won AOTY. If they do Pop Vocal album on the main show, then she likely lost. 

Can they announce the second wave of performers :gaycat6:

I’m getting impatient :ducky:

3 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Can they announce the second wave of performers :gaycat6:

I’m getting impatient :ducky:

Why did they randomly announce Harry styles yesterday? :ducky:
unless they’re doing a slow burn for the second wave to build anticipation throughout the week…:lakitu:

6 hours ago, Mike91 said:

It probably won't be Kendrick. Rap albums are never able to get votes from artists in smaller sub-genres that vote, unfortunately.

iirc members of each genre, recognized by the Grammys, cast their own votes. When you look at the genres, you understand why black artists struggle in the general field categories. Ones like Classical, Country, New Age, American Roots, etc don't vote for rap albums. That's also why Beyonce has never won it either. They make "black music", so the old white men in those categories will never vote for it.

However, I actually think Adele, Beyonce, and Harry might cancel each other out in AOTY voting and someone like Brandi Carlile win take it. EOM probably wins Record and Song of the Year though (AIW is her only real competition), which is a great night for her if it does.

We'll know ahead of time though based on what genre albums are presented on the pre-show. If they do Pop Vocal Album on the pre-show, and she wins, then she likely won AOTY. If they do Pop Vocal album on the main show, then she likely lost. 

Unless a Future Nostalgia/Folklore situation happens.

Both Pop album and AOTY were presented at the main show 2 years ago. Dua won Pop album and Taylor AOTY.

5 hours ago, Aslan said:

Why did they randomly announce Harry styles yesterday? :ducky:
unless they’re doing a slow burn for the second wave to build anticipation throughout the week…:lakitu:

i think they'll announce one per day

12 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

well that's the thing the voting committee isnt so controlled now. i really dont think she can sweep again considering the critical acclaim and success some of th nominees have had this year- some that surpasses Adele's own year. 

Most likely not sweep, yeah. But deffo winning something. And I have some questions about the so called "critical acclaim" of albums in general. It seems like politics and reputation matters in album review scores as well. Like, how did Taylor's original version of the Red album get 77 Metacritic, but the re-released version got 91? Do you see what I mean? There's things outside of the music itself that affects these things. And I think that's bad. Even if 21 was to be re-released, I think it would get 90 in review score now. The original score 76 is way too low anyway. And like, I think 30 is Adele's best album overall, but is it really 12 points better than 21? No, I don't think so.

Are we going to get boxscore for Vegas residency?

side-eye.gif

Not Adele manifesting 25 in this video from 2009 already, haha.

She said that maybe her next album will be 25, lol. Missed one step there.

But this makes me think that she'll keep going with the ages.

54 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Not Adele manifesting 25 in this video from 2009 already, haha.

She said that maybe her next album will be 25, lol. Missed one step there.

But this makes me think that she'll keep going with the ages.

You beat me to it, I just saw it and came to share it here haha.

Fnwh0rYXkAEGQgV?format=jpg&name=small

1 minute ago, Reflektor_Creep said:

You beat me to it, I just saw it and came to share it here haha.

Fnwh0rYXkAEGQgV?format=jpg&name=small

Not her planning to take 6 years between albums back then already, haha

So since not many will be performing at the Grammys, it's Adele's time to shine with an epic performance of Hold On. :loki:

And honestly @GreatestLoveofAll I think that nothing that's happened in the last few years at the Grammys is an indication of what could happen this time, because to me it seems like Adele is head and shoulders above everyone else in the industry when it comes to respect and people just liking her overall. Just look at all the reactions from people going to see her at Vegas, many of whom are other artists and music business executives, therefore potential Grammy voters. I think Sunday is gonna be an amazing night. Monday morning for me actually, lol. But can't wait! :heart2:

16 minutes ago, Reflektor_Creep said:

So since not many will be performing at the Grammys, it's Adele's time to shine with an epic performance of Hold On. :loki:

The way I freaked out when I saw the Amazon ad video on twitter for the first time :deadbanana: Oprah was right, it is a special song.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.