HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

this is something that definitely shouldn't be ignored. She promoted this album more than anyone lese promoted their album this whole year :rip:

WHAT promotion? We literally got 0 pre-release tracks and just because she announced the album a couple months in advance doesnt mean we got promotion leading up to the album.. the only promo she did was IN release week and you cant tell me that 30 had less promotion :gaycat6:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

Well Oh my God is going to radio so I anticipate solid support throughout q1 2022. I believe 30 will win the long game if they put out 3 more singles in 2022

:clap3:

This thread is going to get to 20 pages...I just know it

9v5J2yo.gif

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

This is including Black Friday sales...

13968350.jpg

Adele remains a legend but I was thinking around 375-450k due to Black Friday's boost.

40LjNfI.gif

It's the same percentage drop as 25. Your lack of understanding sales doesn't make it disappointing :rip: expecting her to have a 50% drop from 839k in 2021 just because it's a holiday week :skull:

Edited by Gaia

1 minute ago, TaylenaStan said:

We'll see if this can outperform folklore/lover longevity-wise 

What the hell is this comparison? Both albums had massive drops on its 2nd week.

30 can't relate :cm:

2 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

WHAT promotion? We literally got 0 pre-release tracks and just because she announced the album a couple months in advance doesnt mean we got promotion leading up to the album.. the only promo she did was IN release week and you cant tell me that 30 had less promotion :gaycat6:

Can you give me a list of Adele's US promotion?

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

This is including Black Friday sales...

13968350.jpg

Adele remains a legend but I was thinking around 375-450k due to Black Friday's boost.

40LjNfI.gif

Yeah, I was expecting ~30% drop, but it is why it is.

QFOX1DE.gif

3 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Yeah you are but it's understandable cuz I would too if I stanned someone that hasnt had a studio album make it to 100 weeks since their debut album:rip:

This narrative "you can only come for my fave, if your fave is doing better!1111!!" is so childish :dies: As I've said, it's a public music forum with thousands of members of different artists, this just happens to be the current main topic of the entire forum, why wouldn't I participate since I'm already an active member in the Charts section? 

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It's the same percentage drop as 25. Your lack of understanding sales doesn't make it disappointing :rip: expecting her to have a 50% drop from 839k in 2021 just because it's a holiday week :skull:

the fact that it had the same exact drop 25 had in its 2nd week when black friday doesn't boost album numbers like it used to do before is so impressive :jonny:

I could see this doing +100k pure at least for more 3/4 weeks.

OTHs can't stand the fact that a RERECORDING is doing well:dies:

Billboard themselves claimed it's the first album of it's kind in HISTORY to pull those numbers. So yeah it's not something common. It shouldn't even be charting in the first place but here it is. 

BILLBOARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ATRL user 

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I"m probably just outdated because I know back in the day Black Friday sales reduced the percentage a bit but it is possible that i'm still thinking about the digital era.

AromaticUnevenBream-size_restricted.gif

14 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

biggest 2nd week of sales for female albums in the past 6 years:

adele. 25 - 1.12M (-68%)

beyoncé. lemonade - 321k (-50%)

adele. 30 - 260k (-68%)

taylor swift. reputation - 256k (-79%)

olivia rodrigo. sour - 183k (-36%)

Atrl GIF - Atrl - Discover & Share GIFs

25's numbers were just... :jonny6:

The real music industry. Others only made their 1M first week and that was it, but Adele was just insane, huh... :jonny6:

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

he isn't even trying with his trolling attempts :dies:

2 minutes ago, mael said:

Yeah, I was expecting ~30% drop, but it is why it is.

QFOX1DE.gif

Mama Adele is still winning and she has two-three more hits left in the era so I'm hoping it stays in the 100k-200k range in December.

Which weeks did 25 sell 1M+ again :eli: these are good numbers for Adele tho, Taylor smashing with Red TV still is amazing. 

26 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Very solid pure sales. The streams are garbage tho. 

Next week will be more of a test because of the Black Friday boost here. 

It's just not a streaming friendly album. Only 12 songs on the streaming edition, of which half are 5-6+ minute songs, voice notes and monologues as outros on multiple songs, Target exclusive tracks not uploaded on streaming platforms :deadbanana4:

People drag 25 but every song on that album could've been a single and sound more like a hit than anything on 30.

Edited by slobro

6 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

OTHs lost it omfg :bibliahh:
YES this is a rerecording album.. and yes 9 ''new'' songs.. well songs that are LEFTOVERS from 2011/2012 :gaycat6: Those are definitely not comparable to a completely new album lmao
Adele releases like what... every 5/6 years? ofc we expect the album to do better since she is supposed to build immense hype with her releases being so rare.. 30 is literally doing 59k on streaming in its second week.. its NOT good in any way, doesnt matter if its just 12 tracks. SOUR and other albums with similar amount of tracks did way better

The pure sales are obviously good, but you can only have good longevity with consistent streaming in the long run :celestial5: We'll see if this can outperform folklore/lover longevity-wise 

Why does it matter that they are leftovers they are still new songs to GP.

How will Taylor's next album's number look like to Red TV?

1 minute ago, slw84 said:

I"m probably just outdated because I know back in the day Black Friday sales reduced the percentage a bit but it is possible that i'm still thinking about the digital era.

Girl I went shopping on Friday and hardly anyone was at Target. it's nothing like the past where there were lines outside of stores and huge traffic in retail stores to drive sales. It virtually does nothing with everyone ordering online. 

6 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

I-

Are you really gonna force me to list all the promotion Taylor did compared to Adele? 

ffs, the music video premiere alone was like a movie debut event :ahh:

30 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Taylor was clearly not happy at all with the performance of Fearless.. 

The same album grossed 8M USD in few months in US alone? :rip:

29 minutes ago, spree said:

Madonna - Immaculate Collection 

Beatles - 1 - Diamond

The Eagles - Greatest Hits - Double Diamond

just to name 3.

Immaculate collection - Debuts at #32

1 - Debuts with 595,000 in 2000

Greatest Hits - Debuts at #4

Thanks for proving my point. Not even biggest artists were able to debut with 600k when sales climate was much better and somehow, today in 2021, debuting with 600k is... easy. :rip:

Also would you like to name any album from...you know... last 10 years or streaming era at least? 

Comparing these numbers with the likes of Madonna and Beatles only makes Taylor a favor. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

the fact that it's the same drop 25 had its 2nd week is so impressive :jonny:

I could see this doing +100k pure at least for more 3/4 weeks.

I saw somewhere sometime that Lemonade is currently the last album to sell 2 million pure sales in the USA. Is that still true?

Wonder if 30 can reach that

4 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

BILLBOARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ATRL user 

Good because Billboard themselves called 30's numbers impressive :clap3:

31 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She treated Fearless TV as a re-release. Tracklist wasn't revealed until April 3rd. Album released April 8th. No TV promo slots or live performances. No music videos. Only 6 unreleased songs.

She treated Red TV as a new album. Album revealed in June. Pre-order and track list started in August. Album was released in November (4 months of pre-orders and hyping on social media). Created a Tik Tok just to promote Red TV. 9 new songs. Multiple TV promo slots release week. SNL performance + skits. 1 music video + 1 short film reenacting her love with a famous A-List actor. 

The complete difference in how she treated Fearless compared to Red is kind of funny :rip: 

We LOVE a stan :smitten:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.