Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lost My New Job Week Before Start Date

Featured Replies

:jonny:

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

 

I finally secured a full time job after barely surviving on 20-30 hours a week on a 0 hour contract.

 

I was due to start next week 23/4 :jonny:

 

They've been calling me since Friday and I finally got back to them today only to find out that because of company restructuring...they've had to retract the offer.

 

I was looking forward to buying food

 

I was looking forward to seeing my friends and family

 

Now it's back to square one. Online application after application, email after email to agency, whilst starving on this 0 hour poverty wage.

 

I hate life.

 

Not even Destiny's Children reuniting is enough to lift my spirits. I can't

 

tumblr_ovdy0776Mo1qk8574o2_500.giftumblr_ovdy0776Mo1qk8574o2_500.gif

dont give up hope

 

 

im actually starting my first real job today after finally being ghosted by hundreds of recruiters/HR/interviewers

  • Author
1 minute ago, Dragonfury said:

Sis you can make it through the rain!

 

tumblr_ovdy0776Mo1qk8574o2_500.gif

Lemme put me on the good Mariah :jonny: I need ha encouragement

 

I meant to post this in The Lounge :jonny:

 

Edited by JonathanLGardner

  • Author
1 minute ago, babyboy44 said:

i can completely relate, where are you from?

in Brighton, UK at the moment :jonny:

 

1 minute ago, JonathanLGardner said:

in Brighton, UK at the moment :jonny:

 

bih Brighton is so expensive! no wonder youre poor

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

It's No Surprise You Did If This Is How You Type

Capitalising text in a title? :biblio:

Please explain the error sis.

 

In English grammar, you either capitalise all letters in the title (excl. some words like 'and') or just the first letter.

I've been rejected many times in all areas of life sis. I have my demons and they know how to swim, but one thing has kept me afloat. Willpower. If you have the willpower to survive, there is a way, and there is another day. Take some time to meditate, have a talk with yourself, and regroup. You've got this! 

2 minutes ago, JonathanLGardner said:

in Brighton, UK at the moment :jonny:

 

hjkjlgkqwfegrb it's over for you :jonny5:

  • Author
Just now, Alexis Neiers said:

bih Brighton is so expensive! no wonder youre poor

I know :jonny: I would have got commission with the new job too :jonny: and I hit targets at my current job :jonny:

 

Praying for a miracle

 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Just now, JonathanLGardner said:

tumblr_ovdy0776Mo1qk8574o2_500.gif

Lemme put me on the good Mariah :jonny: I need ha encouragement

Real talk. If something bad happens in my life, I always think that there's probably a better opportunity somewhere. So don't lose hope!

 

Friendly advice sis, companies often use a computer to screen applicants and if picked, HR only glances at your resume for less than 30 seconds on average.

Never submit the same resume when applying multiple jobs. Always change and tailor your resume for that specific position. Often times the computer system will pick you if you included certain words the company require. And those words and requirements can be found in the job posting.

 

 

Good luck sis!

4 minutes ago, JonathanLGardner said:

in Brighton, UK at the moment :jonny:

 

how ild are you? are you graduated? im suffering from the same **** its killing me one day at a time

Sorry to hear that sis! Don't give up hope. You've got to remain diligent. Keep searching for jobs, updating you resume, refining your cover letter. You've got to stay strong!

I’m sorry. :(

 

This year has been putting me through it too! Yesterday I discovered I had a flat tire on the first day of my new part time job. I’m graduating and I’m trying to work this until I start my actual full time job. Only problem is that my car is slowly breaking down, and I have all of these bills that I don’t know how I’m gonna pay. :cries:

 

I just hope I can make it to my job next month because just like you I’m extremely broke. I can only afford to take 9 days off of graduation before I start working full time. Life is rough, hang in there!

Don’t give up. I got fired randomly a few weeks ago from this awful day job (without reason or cause) which put such a huge financial strain on me. Two days later I randomly hear back from my dream job I’d applied to and got it. Life can change at the drop of a dime. Keep your head up. 

  • Author
Just now, robotdanger said:

I’m sorry. :(

 

This year has been putting me through it too! Yesterday I discovered I had a flat tire on the first day of my new part time job. I’m graduating and I’m trying to work this until I start my actual full time job. Only problem is that my car is slowly breaking down, and I have all of these bills that I don’t know how I’m gonna pay. :cries:

 

I just hope I can make it to my job next month because just like you I’m extremely broke. I can only afford to take 9 days off of graduation before I start working full time. Life is rough, hang in there!

:jonny:

 

I feel your pain 

Have your current job at least let you stay there? (I’m assuming you have them your notice to leave before)

  • Author
1 minute ago, Daydream said:

Have your current job at least let you stay there? (I’m assuming you have them your notice to leave before)

It's 0 hour so after this week I don't have any more hours. But even if I had hours, the 20-30 I sometimes get a week wouldn't and isn't cutting it. I need a job that guarantees a min. of 30 a week, not 30 1 week and 20 the next, then 16 and then maybe 22 and so on and so forth :jonny:

 

UK economy is so ****ed up.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.