Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator
16 hours ago, luckystrike said:

Ariana vs Bad Bunny vs Charli? the zero correlation :huh: Ariana would fit better in the first rate me thinks

Ariana's album is a) relevant to 2020, b) still charting, and c) producing hits. 

What does she have in common with the women in part one - besides possessing a vagina? Total help me sing...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Ariana's album is a) relevant to 2020, b) still charting, and c) producing hits. 

What does she have in common with the women in part one - besides possessing a vagina? Total help me sing...

well according to that criteria then it’s Charli's that would have to go in the first one instead :huh: and I think putting such different artists together like Ariana and Bad Bunny is just gonna end up in a disadvantage for Bad Bunny since those albums aren’t even close to being similar or comparable, it just feels so out of place to me :-*

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/30/2020 at 3:29 PM, Ace Reject said:

Sure!

can i make the thread now?  im feeling creatively inspired. 

Would I be able to do a #1 songs by females of this millennium rate? This was done back in like 2012 by Shapes and I wanna do it again :wink:

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Madame X said:

can i make the thread now?  im feeling creatively inspired. 

Of course!

• ATRL Moderator
On 12/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, luckystrike said:

well according to that criteria then it’s Charli's that would have to go in the first one instead :huh: and I think putting such different artists together like Ariana and Bad Bunny is just gonna end up in a disadvantage for Bad Bunny since those albums aren’t even close to being similar or comparable, it just feels so out of place to me :-*

Bad Bunny's album does have the advantage of actually being good.

Hello! I wanted to host a rate (when i finally can post threads) of non english pop songs. I was thinking of a battle of different languages like for example: Spanish vs French vs Japanase vs Italian :party:

Edited by PiecesOfYou

Hi @Ace Reject!

The MC30: Mariah Carey Discography Rate is complete now and the winner is... The Roof (Back In Time)

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, PiecesOfYou said:

Hello! I wanted to host a rate (when i finally can post threads) of non english pop songs. I was thinking of a battle of different languages like for example: Spanish vs French vs Japanase vs Italian :party:

Of what decade? What genre? What are the rules here?

1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

Of what decade? What genre? What are the rules here?

There is not a decade in specific, the artists featured  are mostly the most famous/talked about in this site and all are pop/R&B so it can be from 90s to 2010s, the rules are that you have to rate all the songs with the typical 1-10 with the possiblity of one 11 and one 0! 

Edited by PiecesOfYou

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Wicked said:

Can I open the 100 Cliques thread?

Sure!

• ATRL Moderator

should we do a madame x / caution / golden rate?

or should it be disco instead, so that caution doesnt fill up the top 10?

too bad janet didnt release 

• ATRL Moderator
17 hours ago, Madame X said:

should we do a madame x / caution / golden rate?

or should it be disco instead, so that caution doesnt fill up the top 10?

too bad janet didnt release 

What I WANTED to do was start a series of rates called Icons, Legends, and Moments - starting with 2018.

Golden/Caution/Liberation/Sex and Cigarettes.

You down? We'll fit Madame X somewhere else. (preferably in hell)...

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

What I WANTED to do was start a series of rates called Icons, Legends, and Moments - starting with 2018.

Golden/Caution/Liberation/Sex and Cigarettes.

You down? We'll fit Madame X somewhere else. (preferably in hell)...

honestly, i like that idea more bc madame x doesn't belong in it.  i dont know what golden is? ill have to check it out.  

im gonna be super nice to mariah and toni. 

• ATRL Moderator

@naval23 discuss your potential rate here!

So I was thinking of doing a 2000s Female Singles rate (not 100% sure yet though). But I started drafting a list and there's about 350 songs (I'm gonna narrow it down to 300 songs). 

Basically, it covers the top 25ish of each year end Hot 100 Billboard chart, and the remaining 5-10 per year are year-end hits on the European Hot 100 (ex: many classics like Xtina's "Dirrty", Britney's "Lucky", Anastacia's "Left Outside Alone"). At most, I'm assuming you'd have to listen to maybe 25-50 songs you've never heard before as the rest are pretty well-known. And it'd include groups with female lead singers like BEP, Evanescence, No Doubt because they're 2000s staples

Was just wondering if anyone has advice for rules? For example, I don't want people simply giving 10s to every song by their favorite artists. Do you think it should be mandatory to rate every song?  

Thanks for the notice @acereject

Also thanks to @99sandthe2000s and @rihannabiggestfan and anyone else I missed in the original thread for their thoughts! 

Edited by naval23

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, naval23 said:

So I was thinking of doing a 2000s Female Singles rate (not 100% sure yet though). But I started drafting a list and there's about 350 songs (I'm gonna narrow it down to 300 songs). 

Basically, it covers the top 25ish of each year end Hot 100 Billboard chart, and the remaining 5-10 per year are year-end hits on the European Hot 100 (ex: many classics like Xtina's "Dirrty", Britney's "Lucky", Anastacia's "Left Outside Alone"). At most, I'm assuming you'd have to listen to maybe 25-50 songs you've never heard before as the rest are pretty well-known.

Was just wondering if anyone has advice for rules? For example, I don't want people simply giving 10s to every song by their favorite artists.  

Thanks for the notice @acereject

Also thanks to @99sandthe2000s and @rihannabiggestfan and anyone else I missed in the original thread for their thoughts! 

350 is too many. I’d recommend you split it into three rates:

Early Aughts (00-02)

Mid Aughts (03-06)

Late Aughts (07-09)

To spice it up, for each year, I might add the five most critically acclaimed female singles - if they weren’t already hits!

@Ace Reject 

I would like to host a 2000s Female Singles rate. So I made a list of about 330 songs from 2000s for a rate.

I thought about splitting it but tbh that's too much work for me personally as I don't have a lot of time and I'm not sure if participation would be consistent. 

Because all of them were singles, I'd assume most people would know 75% of the list already as many are already 2000s staples, and the deadline will likely be April 1st to maximize time (and that's when I'll be free next). 

I know there's already at least a handful of people who'd be interested as something like this hasn't been done before. I know for some 300+ songs would be a road block which is fine because I still think there'll be interest. 

I could also ease the burden by not making it mandatory to rate every song and eliminate songs if they don't reach a certain number of votes if you think there's too many.

Edited by naval23

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, naval23 said:

@Ace Reject 

I would like to host a 2000s Female Singles rate. So I made a list of about 330 songs from 2000s for a rate.

I thought about splitting it but tbh that's too much work for me personally as I don't have a lot of time and I'm not sure if participation would be consistent. 

Because all of them were singles, I'd assume most people would know 75% of the list already as many are already 2000s staples, and the deadline will likely be April 1st to maximize time (and that's when I'll be free next). 

I know there's already at least a handful of people who'd be interested as something like this hasn't been done before. I know for some 300+ songs would be a road block which is fine because I still think there'll be interest. 

I could also ease the burden by not making it mandatory to rate every song and eliminate songs if they don't reach a certain number of votes if you think there's too many.

I still 330 is far too many for one sitting! I don't see the harm in doing 00-04 and then 05-09! 175 at once is a lot, but a lot better than 330...

4 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

I still 330 is far too many for one sitting! I don't see the harm in doing 00-04 and then 05-09! 175 at once is a lot, but a lot better than 330...

I think that'll be too much work for me hosting two separate rates especially if the second one has less people, but if someone else wants to host it, I'll be for it. 

The Madonna rate has 300+ songs as well, and the songs in my rate would be more well-known as they aren't album cuts and actual 2000s staples for the most part, which wouldn't be as much of a burden in my opinion. But it was just an idea.  

Edited by naval23

• ATRL Moderator
On 12/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, PiecesOfYou said:

There is not a decade in specific, the artists featured  are mostly the most famous/talked about in this site and all are pop/R&B so it can be from 90s to 2010s, the rules are that you have to rate all the songs with the typical 1-10 with the possiblity of one 11 and one 0! 

I need a bit more than this! Pitch me a list of say, the 75/100 songs you're thinking of. Like, Ayumi Hamasaki v Thalia is a bit strange - do you see what I mean?

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I think that'll be too much work for me hosting two separate rates especially if the second one has less people, but if someone else wants to host it, I'll be for it. 

The Madonna rate has 300+ songs as well, and the songs in my rate would be more well-known which wouldn't be as much of a burden in my opinion. But it was just an idea.  

Oh totally! It's just that these types of rates HAVE been done before, so just want to make this one make sense! PM me the list of songs you were thinking of using. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.