Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Amethyst

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Amethyst

  1. Too Easy opened the conversation about how Tinashe IS a popstar, and not only that, but she is also a reference for many. She acknowledged the "kpop copies Tinashe" narrative in a very smart, classy way. They couldn't disagree nor call her bitter for it. On top of that, the video goes hard and the song allows for the best dance routine any song of the album could have. Sometimes, the lead single doesn't have to be the best song or the one with most potential to become a hit.
  2. Yes, I know, lol. And honestly, I think it was part of the reason why she lost some opportunities throughout her career, especially at the beginning of her mainstream run. She really isn't able to play a bit "fake", and I don't mean that as something bad. But many people link up, either in features or simply going to industry parties so they can be seen together and maximize their exposure. Tinashe never did that.
  3. I need Tinashe to take Chxrry, Jae Stephens, Natanya etc under her wings and build her own scene like Charli did. Starting with them on Popstar remixes
  4. I made a playlist of other Tinashe songs that share a sound, vibe or theme with the songs from Popstar. I think it highlights how much of a mix of everything that Tinashe has done throughout her career Popstar is. I would like to hear more ideas! (Some of my choices may be a reach but!) https://open.spotify.com/playlist/41sUynQEP1i2e6jDSH5R2e?si=dIkSqGqaT5Wu40Ezp_bElw&utm_source=copy-link&pt=93773b27721c21f74ccafab8a00c7595
  5. Genuine question: how many independent artists get a top 10 album every year?
  6. Genuine question: how many independent artists get a top 10 album every year?
  7. Bonus edition should come to streaming on Monday
  8. Tinashe has been making this type of rock-infused anthemic songs since the mixtapes. Let You Love Me (2012) Ghetto Boy (2016) The Chase (2021) I understand the comparisons, but Kiss It Better is not that unique.
  9. I have been saying this since I first listened to Brainrot. I thought it was a sample, I even asked her about it on twitter. Oh Thiefnashe.
  10. How come Pitchfork hasn't reviewed it yet?
  11. Overdramatic deserved to be a full song over Loud 9 pun intended
  12. Why would it be? At the time it got promoted as a mixtape, RCA didn't give a f about it. But it's the album that saved her career sustaining her fanbase amidst the chaos of the Joyride delays
  13. The numbers are so good omg. Kind of surprised at Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore's numbers... imagine what its playlisting for other tracks too could do
  14. Okay, I just saw that BB/ANG3l debuted with 900k, which makes more sense
  15. If my research is correct, BB/ANG3L did 1.45M and Quantum Baby 2.1M on their debuts. QB seems a bit low considering Nasty was doing +600k at least and it had one more song? I haven't found anything about 333 but I remember something around 1M. I think I would be happy with ~2.7M
  16. I haven't received any news about the vinyl or cd shipping and I ordered then when they dropped lol. (European store)
  17. Music OMH reviewed it 90/100. Does it count for Metacritic? I hope she gets a score. I know Pitchfork will review her for sure but it seems less and less official publications review nowadays.
  18. Rosalia's albums are much more innovative than Shakira's, even if you ignore her last 3 efforts. I agree that Shakira's early lyricism is unmatched in general, but that's thanks to the genres she sings in that lend themselves for the lyrics to shine. Spanish pop rock, especially during the late 90s and early 2000s, was perfect for constructing elaborate but slick stories through lyrics. So at this point it's a matter of what you value more. However, I'm convinced Rosalía could deliver that level of lyricism when the right moment comes (it will).
  19. I said what I said and that also applies to those you mentioned
  20. Just loud and wrong. OP: Halsey doesn't belong in the conversation. By the time she released music, Tumblr was already a parody of itself.
  21. Another reminder that Berghain is top 5 songs of the decade so far. And that we will only be saved throught divine intervention.
  22. She actually said: My costume is not your culture
  23. If the single doesn't drop with an album pre order then I'll have my doubts about the album date... Anyway, i'm excited!
  24. Amethyst replied to dwuw's topic in Music
    Him feeding into it is the best thing promotional wise for the song. Such a d*mb*ss lmao

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.