Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Canada: Taylor 65K in 4 days

Featured Replies

Quote

In Canada, based on initial sales reports, Reputation has a four-day sales total of 65,000 units, which will put it in contention to have the biggest one-week album sales total this year. The album's sales are fueled by the singer's decision to embargo it from streaming services for an as yet undefined period that could end this weekend or the beginning of next week.

http://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2017/11/14/taylor-swift’s-‘reputation’-remains-intact

Quote

On August 24, "Look What You Made Me Do" was released as the lead single from Reputation. The song broke several major records including the most Spotify streams in a 24-hour period by any artist. It hit number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 with the biggest sales and streaming figures of the year, becoming the fifth song by Swift to top the chart, the first solo number one by a woman since Adele's "Hello" in 2015, and the second biggest after "Harlem Shake" (103.3M).

Its accompanying music video later premiered at the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards and was viewed 43.2M times on YouTube in its first 24 hours, the most in any video in history breaking the 36 million views of "Gentleman" in 2013.

OTH told me Look would be remembered as a front-loaded underperformance, but I guess this is it's real legacy 

OT: global :clap3: 
tumblr_oytsfvJbql1ts9leuo4_250.gif 

Swifties said 2 milli and she can't even do 100k.

 

FLOP!

6 minutes ago, Domination said:

Swifties said 2 milli and she can't even do 100k.

 

FLOP!

do you see them bitches in your sig? 

21 minutes ago, Brice said:

do you see them bitches in your sig? 

It's sarcasm but I'll have you know every single person in my sig is a literal LEGEND in their respective genre while you have a Dua Lipa (?) avi so go off!

Edited by Domination

Canada has literally stopped buying albums. At least in the US, artists could still pull 100k-300k. I'm sure Taylor will sell more than 100k there. 

3 minutes ago, rocky. said:

Canada has literally stopped buying albums. At least in the US, artists could still pull 100k-300k. I'm sure Taylor will sell more than 100k there. 

Huh? Canada has roughly 1/10 of USAs population

1 hour ago, Domination said:

It's sarcasm but I'll have you know every single person in my sig is a literal LEGEND in their respective genre while you have a Dua Lipa (?) avi so go off!

Tinashe?

1 hour ago, rocky. said:

Canada has literally stopped buying albums. At least in the US, artists could still pull 100k-300k. I'm sure Taylor will sell more than 100k there. 

Let's not forget Canada's population is 36M compared to the U.S.A.'s 323M. These numbers are fantastic.

 

In comparison the two biggest openings of the year here are:

1. Shania Twain - Now (72,000)

2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (60,000)

 

So Taylor will easily become the highest opening in Canada this year :skull: 

Not surprised since 1989 did over 100k debut week too, what a legend :clap3:

 

I'm actually aware of Canada's population numbers. I'm just saying albums in the past always ended up selling 400k-600k in Canada. That's why I said they stopped buying them. 

26 minutes ago, rocky. said:

I'm actually aware of Canada's population numbers. I'm just saying albums in the past always ended up selling 400k-600k in Canada. That's why I said they stopped buying them. 

80K is Platinum in Canada though. 

9 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

80K is Platinum in Canada though. 

Yeah, they lowered it. The US should have done the same if you asked me.  

a country with taste :clap3:  

Edited by britkneepopboi

1 hour ago, rocky. said:

I'm actually aware of Canada's population numbers. I'm just saying albums in the past always ended up selling 400k-600k in Canada. That's why I said they stopped buying them. 

Do you mean first week or overall?

Cause the best opening week ever there is 25 with 306k. They never had a 400k+ debut there unless you mean overall sales.

3 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Do you mean first week or overall?

Cause the best opening week ever there is 25 with 306k. They never had a 400k+ debut there unless you mean overall sales.

 I meant overall sales. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.