Final: rep 1.267m/1.29m

Duca

21 minutes ago, Raster said:

That's a little too overly defensive. Swifties didn't even bring up Britney until some Army members did :skull:

And no matter what you say selling 1.26-1.29m copies in 2017 is infinitely more impressive than selling 1.3m at the peak of album sales. Britney's achievement was impressive, but it doesn't have to be equated to Taylor's and the Army should stop bringing up that record when it was broken already by Adele.

Back in Britney's day you had to physically leave your house to go purchase an album. 1.3 million + people took time out of their day to buy her album opening week. Much more impressive IMO.

SdYgmAE.gif

Edited by iheartBrit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• Timber

• Blue Honeymoon

Just now, Raster said:

yet albums in 2017 sell a fraction of what albums back then used to sell

weird isn't it

SdYgmAE.gif

Album sales are way down but first week sales have been alive and well this decade. 

SdYgmAE.gif

I don’t understand why Britney’s name keeps being brought up :confused:  She doesn’t hold the record, and hasn’t for over two years now. Stop living in the past

I predicted 1,33M.
In conclusion, the numbers are quite disappointed; she has the potentiel to sell more than 1,5-1,8M.
However, congrats to Taylor Swift, the strategy will be written on the Business Music class books

7 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Why is the fourth highest opening of 2000, being compared to the second highest opening of the past 15 years?

SdYgmAE.gif

Right like

SdYgmAE.gif

I will NOT be tricked into talking about that tired ass album. The transparency

53 minutes ago, Raster said:

That's a little too overly defensive. Swifties didn't even bring up Britney until some Army members did :skull:

And no matter what you say selling 1.26-1.29m copies in 2017 is infinitely more impressive than selling 1.3m at the peak of album sales. Britney's achievement was impressive, but it doesn't have to be equated to Taylor's and the Army should stop bringing up that record when it was broken already by Adele.

You may be new to the Swifties, but you guys have been gunning for Ms. Britney for 7 years now.

And no matter what you say, 1.29M is not more than 1.319M. Congratulations are in order for Ms. Swift and there’s no need to diminish her accomplishments, but that doesn’t negate Britney’s, either.

44 minutes ago, Newt said:

Namie's album is called Finally :gaycat2:

Nnnggg. I need to get in to her. I’ve always been very hit-or-miss with her since the 90s and her 10s material still hasn’t clicked with me.

SilencePlease

Amazing numbers but at the same time alarming considering her label expected 2M / HDD even predicted 3.4M earlier this year.

Edited by SilencePlease

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It’s not because less people tend to buy music that it’s better, she’s debuting with less copies sold and that’s a fact, not an opinion. Maybe her next album can do it though :gaycat4:

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2000: 4 (Britney's was the second-lowest and wasn't even top 3 best-sellers of the year)

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ (pure) in 2016: 0

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2017: 1 - Reputation -- and it's the best-selling album of the year already

Taylor's numbers and consistency are far more impressive :sorry: 

Edited by hellocory

2 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

Amazing numbers but at the same time alarming considering her label expected 2M / HDD even predicted 3.4M earlier this year.

HDD are morons.

4 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

Labels are basically always extremely off with their numbers and HDD didnt predict 3.4m. They were wondering out loud if she could maybe challenge that, which always seemed absurd.

12 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You may be new to the Swifties, but you guys have been gunning for Ms. Britney for 7 years now.

And no matter what you say, 1.29M is not more than 1.319M. Congratulations are in order for Ms. Swift and there’s no need to diminish her accomplishments, but that doesn’t negate Britney’s, either.

Nnnggg. I need to get in to her. I’ve always been very hit-or-miss with her since the 90s and her 10s material still hasn’t clicked with me.

Probably cause there are so many Britney stans who think she had a bigger career than Taylor... That is just a very weird thing to think, but whatever.

52 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

Album sales are way down but first week sales have been alive and well this decade. 

SdYgmAE.gif

But there were way more 1m openeres back then?

Taylor has the majority of them this decade

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Probably cause there are so many Britney stans who think she had a bigger career than Taylor... That is just a very weird thing to think, but whatever.

Britney peaked too quickly to have a bigger career than Taylor. To me they don’t compare.

20 minutes ago, hellocory said:

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2000: 4 (Britney's was the second-lowest and wasn't even top 3 best-sellers of the year)

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ (pure) in 2016: 0

Number of albums that debuted with 1M+ in 2017: 1 - Reputation -- and it's the best-selling album of the year already

Taylor's numbers and consistency are far more impressive :sorry: 

Britney's had the record for 15 years sis so yes it's impressive and Taylor still hasn't reached these sales so you can think it's "far more impressive" it's not since Britney and Adele both did better. :cm:

Selling 1M plus in 2017 is infinitely more impressive than selling 1M during the peak of album sales. 

15 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Britney's had the record for 15 years sis so yes it's impressive and Taylor still hasn't reached these sales so you can think it's "far more impressive" it's not since Britney and Adele both did better. :cm:

Britney did better at the peak of album sales. How are you not wrapping your head around that :deadbanana:

29 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Britney peaked too quickly to have a bigger career than Taylor. To me they don’t compare.

You must be very young.

Did it outdo 1989?

46 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

:eek: 

OT: congrats

Just now, Raster said:

yup

Impressive :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Raster said:

The Army didn't bring her up.
It was some other stans that brought Adele and Britney's name to drag Taylor

Swifties just started attacking back and the Army just came to defend our fave :confused:

41 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

That is just a very weird thing to think, but whatever.

This is your opinion

Ot: I was one of the few people who wanted her to win so it could be a big "**** you" to the people who hate on her

this is turning into a lil bit hive situation for me

nonetheless gj to Taylor

Edited by Rev8

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

He joined the site in 2005...

:dies:

Then they are just anti-Britney.

No one can deny Britney's impact in pop culture. Her career was huge and it pre-dates all these social media platforms and Youtube that make artists more accessible and in Taylor's case "friends" with the fans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.