Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Short 'n' Sweet Vs. Stripped

The two blondes go at it in a series of polls 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Which was the bigger era overall?

    • Stripped - Xtina
      71%
    • SnS - Sabrina
      28%
  2. 2. Which singles were bigger?

    • Stripped - Xtina
      62%
    • SnS - Sabrina
      37%
  3. 3. Bigger era/album in the UK?

    • Stripped - Xtina
      74%
    • SnS - Sabrina
      25%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thought I'd do this poll to see which era was bigger according to ATRL. Both albums were big in UK.

Here are the streams yesterday, although X has the pure sales advantage:

Short n Sweet (Deluxe) - 4.6m

Stripped (20th Anniversary Ver) - 288k

bejewelled.gif.e0e42c393841d8bcf1c1d525e

Sabrina will never be this iconic

Edited by Ariana Grindr

Comparing the streams/sales is pointless considering the times of release for each album, 'Stripped' era felt cultural bigger back in the day with Xtina being everywhere.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Sabrina will never be this iconic

Well… Sabrina mainly releases solo songs. Whilst Dirrry was a big moment, it failed to win a Grammy unlike Espresso 💋

Short n Sweet was objectively a MUCH bigger era suburban

Espresso is bigger than any Xtina Aguilera song

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

16 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Well… Sabrina mainly releases solo songs. Whilst Dirrry was a big moment, it failed to win a Grammy unlike Espresso 💋

Well we have her with Beautiful.

With iconic Grammys performance with just her singing in black suit + win.

And shout out to her for making the music video involves LGBTQ people when it was not trendy to do so.. in 2003.

I would say Xtina for all.

Although I just don't think you can compare them really. Different times.

Downloads weren't even really a thing still when Stripped was released. People actually had to physically go out to buy singles and albums in order to consume it. People do today , but back then it was pretty much your only option.

The girls back then really had to promote.

I don't think SNS will have any impact unfortunately whilst you still see the impact of Stripped almost 25 years later.

  • Author
40 minutes ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Well we have her with Beautiful.

With iconic Grammys performance with just her singing in black suit + win.

And shout out to her for making the music video involves LGBTQ people when it was not trendy to do so.. in 2003.

I think I didn't do my research enough @ImpressMeMuch We-

Beautiful was over hyped. It's forgotten Pleasex3 is solo too and BTW kinda over wrote 'Beautiful'

I have to say whilst we gave been subjected to years 'stripped uk!!' It probably had the edge here, but Sabrina felt huge in AirPlay

suburban

Stripped is still the blueprint for "coming of age" albums 25 years later

Tbe backfire, I know you're fumming.

Stripped will always be that album. Even your fave agrees.

blackoutbaby

2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Well… Sabrina mainly releases solo songs. Whilst Dirrry was a big moment, it failed to win a Grammy unlike Espresso 💋

💋

19 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

Tbe backfire, I know you're fumming.

Stripped will always be that album. Even your fave agrees.

blackoutbaby

I assume this thread went exactly as @Mr. Stratus intended

treacherous

3 hours ago, Cottonmouth said:

I would say Xtina for all.

Although I just don't think you can compare them really. Different times.

Downloads weren't even really a thing still when Stripped was released. People actually had to physically go out to buy singles and albums in order to consume it. People do today , but back then it was pretty much your only option.

The girls back then really had to promote.

I don't think SNS will have any impact unfortunately whilst you still see the impact of Stripped almost 25 years later.

It's true that CD sales still ruled at the time but music downloads were indeed a thing in 2002 eli it just wasn't as widespread yet because the industry had no way to regulate and account for them until iTunes and similar stores popped up.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Another "it's giving cute next to gorgeous" type thread lol

Stripped was definitely bigger in the UK. #2 peak, 2 million+ sales, 2 #1s, a top 3 and 2 other top 10 hits

5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Short n Sweet was objectively a MUCH bigger era suburban

Espresso is bigger than any Xtina Aguilera song

Thank you, Jigglypouff, for your input. I'm surprised by your opinion rogue2

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.