Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Do you get upset when this happens? (Socializing)

Featured Replies

You're out somewhere with a small group of friends (in this case, 3 people total) and one of your friends sees someone they know. It's only natural they'd go and say a quick hi. 5 minutes go by. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. All of a sudden your group hangout is now 2 people, and you realize you've spent more time without that person than with. How badly are you upset? Is it valid to be upset? What's the socially acceptable amount of time to leave your friends? Do you do this? 

I would either a) invite the fourth person into the outing or b) just call the rest of the night off and go home. I understand wanting to spend time with someone you haven't seen in a while but it's also really shitty to ditch other friends to talk to someone you haven't seen in ages. 

I struggle with social gathering in general and I always get ditched. It's worse when the 2 people that's hanging with me both leave me stranded. It has happened. They took a guy I liked back home in the car and left me in the city all alone, cold and terrified 

 

So yes it's happened quite a lot it's why I never leave or go see people anymore 

This is why I make plans, so whenever some "other" person randomly pops up that does not interest me, we have somewhere else to be and no they are not invited because the reservation can't be modified :heart:

 

Spoiler

It can be modified but they don't know that :heart:

 

Edited by Archetype

Not really. You are out and about. You don't have to stick only to the people you came with. Look around, is there anyone in the crowd who looks intriguing to you? Go and talk to them. If you don't have enough courage to do so that means you didn't drink enough yet so get some liquid courage. Only relying on the 2 people you went with is a bad move. 

 

This never happened to me but I know that I'd be very mad if it did happen :skull: 

I mean what you're describing is completely disrespectful especially if they don't give you a valid explanation and just leave you hanging there. I would call the night off and consider not hanging out with that person again. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.