Student movement in solidarity with Gaza goes global; police crackdowns ensue

LIT

1 hour ago, Absinthe said:

Why do you think you're all protesting for this one and didn't care about any of the others that happened in the past ten years?  Trying to remember if any of the others trended on social... Nope!

Why do you all use the exact same talking points and verbiage? Why do all your posts have the same hateful tone? Why do you all get completely emotionally angry, throwing a fit whenever someone makes an alternate point that doesn't conform? You're the most on the nose definition of propagandized.  I know you can't stand to admit it, but deep down you know it's the truth. 

Sis, is this a dupe account? I need you to know the troll baiting is obvious and why most people are not engaging with you, let alone that you couldn't even spell Uyghur:

On 4/27/2024 at 9:51 AM, Absinthe said:

Where were you for the people of Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, the Uiyghers?

Because if someone did actually engage with your posts, you'd have to answer for the insane suggestions:

1. That the American left somehow were not vocal about America's involvement in bombing the people of Syria, Afghanistan or Yemen
  2. If you believe cultural repression that occurs in China deserves mass protest movements miles away (despite America not at all funding said repression and already sanctioning China), then you'd agree physical genocide is objectively worse than cultural genocide and even more action is demanded against Israel

?

:suburban:

• Like 1

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Kassi

• Communion

• Espresso

15 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

But I was told Israel was 'the only democracy in Middle East'! What happened?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"My Jewish friends aren't blocking me from getting my coffee" :isudumblmao:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sis, is this a dupe account? I need you to know the troll baiting is obvious and why most people are not engaging with you, let alone that you couldn't even spell Uyghur:

Because if someone did actually engage with your posts, you'd have to answer for the insane suggestions:

1. That the American left somehow were not vocal about America's involvement in bombing the people of Syria, Afghanistan or Yemen
  2. If you believe cultural repression that occurs in China deserves mass protest movements miles away (despite America not at all funding said repression and already sanctioning China), then you'd agree physical genocide is objectively worse than cultural genocide and even more action is demanded against Israel

?

Does America not have investments with China? What is being protested at the colleges? Oops!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Absinthe said:

Does America not have investments with China? 

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

despite America not at all funding said repression and already sanctioning China

XK6w6Ti.png

Sis, I'm not trying to be mean, but some of you are clearly posting out of your depth. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Communion said:

XK6w6Ti.png

Sis, I'm not trying to be mean, but some of you are clearly posting out of your depth. 

You're surely not suggesting America has divested from all Chinese companies over this. Do we know if China uses Amazon Web services or Google?

Edited by Absinthe

2 hours ago, Absinthe said:

Why do you think you're all protesting for this one and didn't care about any of the others that happened in the past ten years?  Trying to remember if any of the others trended on social... Nope!

You literally have no idea what people online have done with their lives in the past ten years. This site has members all over the world, there have been countless protests in the past 10 years. You have literally no way of knowing that we haven't also supported/attended those :rip:

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You literally have no idea what people online have done with their lives in the past ten years. This site has members all over the world, there have been countless protests in the past 10 years. You have literally no way of knowing that we haven't also supported/attended those :rip:

I know there hasn't been an 18 page thread about it here and that colleges weren't shut down over it. It's not even worth arguing anymore. You clearly don't want to admit social media influenced whatever activism you're participating in here, whether exclusive to typing on the keyboard at ATRL or the possibility that you've done it elsewhere (yet somehow are still always here, so I'll bow out for now. 

Edited by Absinthe

1 minute ago, Absinthe said:

I know there hasn't been an 18 page thread about it here and that colleges weren't shut down over it. 

You've "only" been a member here for a month, how would you be able to speak on threads over the past decade :ryan3:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You've "only" been a member here for a month, how would you be able to speak on threads over the past decade :ryan3:

Good work, Inspector Clouseau. I read posts here originally and signed up recently. You're equally as effective at sniffing out clues as you are at solving genocide. 

Edited by Absinthe
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Absinthe said:

Good work, Inspector Clouseau. I read posts here originally and signed up recently. You're equally as effective at sniffing out clues as you are at solving genocide. 

All of y'all avi-less posters in these Palestine threads seemed to have ~signed up recently~, a pure coincidence I'm sure :ryan3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

it's always the users with fewer than 100 posts saying the most vile, out of pocket stuff. we should give them a nickname

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Absinthe said:

You're surely not suggesting America has divested from all Chinese companies 

Again, I'm sorry, but this is low level troll bait. Like fringe 4chan twitter user stuff. 

You can't even coherently try to get the gotcha you're hoping for.

Student protestors are protesting against their universities having direct investments in weapons manufacturers. This quoted text thus makes no sense.

You somehow seem to hope people are not informed on issues to where you just vaguely mentioning other issues will make them concede some shortcoming.

Of course Israel caught actively trying to kill all 2M Palestinians is a greater concern than *re-reads* China remodeling mosques "to look more Chinese".

Again, you can't hope to claim "cultural genocide" is a concern (it is!) while downplaying actual, physical genocide in motion.

You hope to cast other nations in negative lights - maybe for rightful reasons (!) - while carrying water for a terrorist regime like Israel that is objectively acting the most incendiary in our current environment. This is why it's easy to know you're a troll. You're not trying to use anti-Israel sentiment to propel forward other issues you find equally concerning and similar in nature to Israel's crimes. You're trying to whitewash and defend Israel's crimes under a veneer of claimed concern. Who do you think is this easily fooled? lol

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Protests have started to spill over outside college campuses and into the public space:

• Like 3

• Thanks 1

Columbia will be evicting and mass suspending everyone in the encampment in just over an hour

• Like 1

The UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders has reprimanded the repression of the Columbia student protesters.

49 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@ClashAndBurn Biden better hope we don't get another Kent State.

Morning Joe is already panicking and fearmongering about how the protests are out of control and are going to push "sensible moderates" into voting for Trump to bring them to heel. The handwringing over the Chicago DNC is already underway

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Morning Joe is already panicking and fearmongering about how the protests are out of control and are going to push "sensible moderates" into voting for Trump to bring them to heel. The handwringing over the Chicago DNC is already underway

Chris Wallace had a whole panel section dedicated to '68 comparisons on Sunday

• Like 1

Very proud of the youth in the US taking such a strong and sweeping stance against the disgusting government, both Israeli and US

It's a huge pleasure seeing the geriatric elected officials scramble. They know there's a huge storm brewing, and they were prepared to handle it from the outside, but now they're fighting it from the inside and they won't win a two-front confrontation like that. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.