Student movement in solidarity with Gaza goes global; police crackdowns ensue

LIT

1 minute ago, rihannafan said:

A lot of similar arguments were used by Europeans to colonize the Americs in the 16th and 17th century. Calling them savages, cannibals, etc. you're no different 

And spreading "human rights" and "democracy" is the new Christianity. I just know these users and their disgusting ilk across the western developed world genuinely think their countries are better than these far right, theocratic regimes despite them practically destroying and robbing the global south for centuries. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Communion

• Kassi

• Espresso

17 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

:suburban:

Yikes, Ilhan Omar and her daughter seem very close with him/her/them

I can't believe how badly Columbia sending in the NYPD on their students backfired. :deadbanana2:

This is a global movement now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

A lot of similar arguments were used by Europeans to colonize the Americs in the 16th and 17th century. Calling them savages, cannibals, etc. you're no different 

Genuinely shocked a user would type a post like that user did. It shows a complete like... absence of even a remote understanding of America's history to somehow not just be unaware of but flat out deny that Manifest Destiny was in part predicated on the claim that Native Americans were savages who practiced savage tribal religions ("human sacrifices!!"). Many modern nations within the Americas today were founded on the basis that the religion and cultures of various European peoples were inherently superior. :rip:

And yet it is these very Western chauvinist, Pete Buttigieg CIA-style lab-made "centrists" who call for the world to be shaped in America's image. :rip:

Wanting the world to be shaped in the image of one's country despite not even knowing one's own history. :rip:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, VOSS said:

Yikes, Ilhan Omar and her daughter seem very close with him/her/them

Damn, a "liberal" accepting framing from Daily Wire and Fox News out of their hatred for the left! I never would have guessed! :celestial5:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LIT said:

I can't believe how badly Columbia sending in the NYPD on their students backfired. :deadbanana2:

This is a global movement now.

This warms my heart so much. Global and youth solidarity with the people of Palestine and in honor of the martyrs of Gaza. The future is a free Palestine 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Damn, a "liberal" accepting framing from Daily Wire and Fox News out of their hatred for the left! I never would have guessed! :celestial5:

Framing? I watched the video that person shared on their instagram talking about how all (((Zionists))) should die. No framing necessary

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VOSS said:

Framing? I watched the video that person shared on their instagram talking about how all (((Zionists))) should die. No framing necessary

If the theory is that "Zionist" is a euphemism used only in place of referring to Jewish people to push acceptable antisemitism, how come Zionists don't use such euphemisms when openly calling for the slaughtering and mass murdering of all Palestinians? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VOSS said:

You think Ilhan Omar knows every single thing any individual has said on the internet? And should be held accountable for that? Interesting. I doubt you'd hold Biden to that standard even though he's literally hugged Bibi Netanyahu.

• Like 4

Just now, VOSS said:

the student apologized for his comments and didn't harm anyone

have zionists apologized for murdering thousands of palestinians?

• Thumbs Down 1

That user leaped countries to Taiwan when their dumbass argument did not hold, and then leaped across time to the Native American genocide :deadbanana:

At what point does supporting genocide become a full-time job? You couldn't pay me to do this **** for my life lmfao 

• Thanks 3

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people equate being against genocide to being antisemitic. Palestinians should be able to live in peace in their own land and not be ethnically cleansed :cm:

Zionists can continue to pull strings and cry "antisemitism!" while citing very extreme takes. Ironically, this was the same strategy that conservatives took when the BLM protests were occurring in 2020: reporting only the very extreme and violent occurrences and using that to slander the movement entirely. I don't think anyone should be condoning violence and the murders of innocent people. 

• Thanks 1

Ironically, the only people calling to "Kill All Jews" at any of these protests are... Zionists themselves.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Communion said:

Ironically, the only people calling to "Kill All Jews" at any of these protests are... Zionists themselves.

They know they can get protests shut down with extreme violence if all they have to do is serve up a false flag. Joe Biden enabled them far beyond their wildest dreams with his condemnation statement last weekend. It was the greatest possible reward they could have asked for.

Edited by ClashAndBurn

Redirecting this response to here from HQ so not to derail that thread with Civics stuff anymore:

45 minutes ago, khalyan said:

The historical comparison is absolutely ridiculous when Netanyahu rambles about it too. 

Well, unfortunately it doesn't matter if it's ridiculous, because the overblown rhetoric has worked and did what it was intended to. The day that he said that was when the most violent crackdowns on student protesters started beginning at UT Austin where the same police force that sat outside Robb Elementary in Uvalde suddenly found their courage.

Nobody told him he couldn't say that American students were Nazis. Nobody told him that that was hateful and worthy of scorn. In fact, they pretty much agreed and rewarded him.

3 hours ago, thesegayz said:

Nothing will make you ideologues happy. This is worse than the beyhive. Think for yourselves and not what the rage algorithms feed you

They don't know how. You'll have to make a Tik Tok video. With dancing. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Student encampments have now popped up in Canada, with McGill and Concordia students occupying McGill grounds I believe :clap3:

Young people have had enough. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The way these universities showed their asses just now. Glad my generation isn't falling for the 2000s-esque propaganda anymore.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Mellark said:

The way these universities showed their asses just now. Glad my generation isn't falling for the 2000s-esque propaganda anymore.

Correct. You're falling for the 2020s propaganda on Tik Tok now. That's why you all talk with the same exact script and have the same emotional tantys. 

Edited by Absinthe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Edited by Absinthe

13 hours ago, Absinthe said:

They don't know how. You'll have to make a Tik Tok video. With dancing. 

5 hours ago, Absinthe said:

Correct. You're falling for the 2020s propaganda on Tik Tok now. That's why you all talk with the same exact script and have the same emotional tantys. 

Truly can you come up with something else, this forced-infantilization of protestors with ~Tik Tok~ doesn't work here. Disparaging youth for protesting against an objectively terrible campaign of genocide o oh serves to illustrate how out of touch YOU are. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Truly can you come up with something else, this forced-infantilization of protestors with ~Tik Tok~ doesn't work here. Disparaging youth for protesting against an objectively terrible campaign of genocide o oh serves to illustrate how out of touch YOU are. 

Why do you think you're all protesting for this one and didn't care about any of the others that happened in the past ten years?  Trying to remember if any of the others trended on social... Nope!

Why do you all use the exact same talking points and verbiage? Why do all your posts have the same hateful tone? Why do you all get completely emotionally angry, throwing a fit whenever someone makes an alternate point that doesn't conform? You're the most on the nose definition of propagandized.  I know you can't stand to admit it, but deep down you know it's the truth. 

Edited by Absinthe
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.