• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

If it's pan it's panned lol… I love it so I win already although I hope it isn't :gayoncecat3:

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kh-Loud said:

My god, this album is such a massive grower. I went from abit disappointed to okay okay I think I'm starting to get it to omg im in such a state to feeling full on euphoric…. Like idk I almost want to swallow my statement I posted earlier regarding it not being her best album at this second of me typing this 

it felt completely euphoric on my first listen, which I didn't feel with Renaissance, I was slightly confused, but I was immediate with Lemonade as well

1 minute ago, Kh-Loud said:

It it's pan it's panned lol… I love it so I win already although I hope it isn't :gayoncecat3:

it wont be panned, it'll be positive

• Like 1

I think RS will give it a 100

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

it felt completely euphoric on my first listen, which I didn't feel with Renaissance, I was slightly confused, but I was immediate with Lemonade as well

I had the opposite experience, sis. I couldn't stop shaking my ass for months after Rennie dropped. Rennie was also her most instant album for me probably because I was so into those weird indie/experimental music at the time. 

Oh the lyrics in Just For Fun are super interesting, truly feels like it represents the concept of the album and what she was talking about in her Instagram post when she revealed the cover art.

8 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

Definitely no country album :rip: 

Genres are a funny little concept aren't they?!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

oooo... Bodyguardddd IS THAT b! Such a throwback to 2000s AAA radio. I enjoy it. A great transition from THE.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

there's a man on levii's jeans... idk who it is :skull:

Screaming at this :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

on my first listen

YA YA THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

I think RS will give it a 100

Bold prediction 

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Idk in one of the songs she says welcome to act ii cowboy Carter 

Could've been a more recent addition, imagine if that song is missing from the vinyl pressings :deadbanana4:

The one I'm scared of is P4K... they usually acclaim her, but they didn't really vibe with TH'E and I can see them complaining that the move to country is "inauthentic" (even though she's literally from Texas :rip:).

Edited by Virgos Groove

12 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

The album's title was probably changed to COWBOY CARTER very recently, the vinyl mock up hype sticker says act ii BEYINCE

71lgiaeNfbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Maybe the album was more focused on the Smoke Hour radio concept and she switched it a bit because Dawn FM came right about the same time she was shooting the covers for this and Renaissance.

Just now, sillycilla said:

Bold prediction 

I don't see how Ariana's Eternal Sunshine can get a 100 from RS but not this :deadbanana4:

Just finished this and wow... I think I have ASCENDED. :gayoncecat3:

• Like 2

Jolene is still one of my favorites.

GIgT4aIXIAAGMFh.thumb.gif.5d1d0b1de4b48f

1 minute ago, KOMH said:

I don't see how Ariana's Eternal Sunshine can get a 100 from RS but not this :deadbanana4:

It's RS lol They are so random 

The album is a masterpiece, will give more tomorrow but a ***** is tired :hoetenks:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Someone suggesting she cut Blackbird when it's one of the most beautiful covers of it ever done. :deadbanana4:

It literally feels like sitting around a campfire with a blanket around you sat next to her as she sings to you, let alone the emotional potency of the features in the albums' message.

For people like me who like to go on long ass hikes in headphones this is so ideal. I LOVE the idea of being able to escape mentally and be able to live ONE fantasy with a continuous flow. RENAISSANCE captured me in such a way that I hadn't felt about music in a long time, this feels like even more innovation and specifically more experimentation for her. This woman is special and I am so lucky to be alive in this era of her, I lived it all in real time.

• Like 6

Also, the synths at the end of Amen... did we ever get closure on that Echoville stuff or can I remain delusional that Act 3 will be her Yeezus-inspired masterpiece like Delresto was predicting? :khalyan2:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

It's not as good as Ren and could be a bit shorter but still good on first listen.

Jolene is a bit underwhelming, doesn't compare to Dolly's version for me but she did make it her own.

Bodyguard is definitely the best :jonny5: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.