Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

Daughter is so f*cking intense! The arpeggiated guitar, the melancholic strings, the classical vocals, THE LYRICS! Such a dark tone I love it :flame:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

The reviews…….…:deadbanana4:. While I dont think it's as cohesive as renaissance, I do think it's a more ambitious record so I'm surprised the critics are not eating it up. 

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Haha I hope that's the case too. But it's the only song I truly hated on first listen. 

It's giving "I'm not like most girls" teas :gaycat7:

4 hours ago, Machete said:

Thank you. I don't know why I am being downvoted for the post. I'm just very surprised I'm only seeing high praise for this album on both here and Twitter (someone seriously said it "makes Lemonade seem like demos :deadbanana4:) when even Renaissance was met with decisiveness from the fanbase. I will listen again at midnight my time and hope it grows.

Okay so my review 

Cowboy Carter is a genre-less, tantalizing, soulful, road trip throughout the South. Although it's less cohesive than Renaissance it's a much stronger record vocally and lyrically. The second half of the album exceeds all of my expectations and makes up for some filler tracks. It's a little early to rank albums but it's in her top shelf, those last few songs are simply extraordinary. The duets are surprisingly excellent and her voice has never sounded better. Let's see how this album sits and ages though.

Highlights : II Hands II Heaven, American Requiem, Tyrant, YA YA, Desert Eagle, Bodyguard, Daughter, Sweet Honey Buckin

Singles worthy : Levi's jeans, II Most Wanted

Fillers/Skips : Flamenco, Alligator Tears, Protector and Blackbird

:gayoncecat3:

• Like 5

Yall have to stop hyping this so much :jonny6:

is it really clearing Rennie??

BODYGUARD needs to be a single idc idc. :smitten:

Have just started the album :WAP::WAP::WAP:

How am I supposed to finish the album when I have Blackbird on repeat:WAP::WAP::WAP:

SOTY:WAP:

Take these broken wings and learn to fly:WAP:

Am I tripping or is II Hands II Heaven kinda giving 2000s electronica (mixed with country)? :jonny:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hallad173 said:

Not for me. REN is hard to beat though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

Renaissance was a smoother listen because of those seemless transitions but imo not a better one.

The album's title was probably changed to COWBOY CARTER very recently, the vinyl mock up hype sticker says act ii BEYINCE

71lgiaeNfbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 6

A-O-T-Y, I aint win

I ain't stung by them

turn that **** on the chin

come back and **** up the pen

sasha fierce possessed ha

3 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

I think they are what and what. I don't think it clears her. Both great albums nonetheless. :jonny6:

Spaghettii WTF….she said let me take a shotgun to this genre and change it up a bit! The ghost of Everything Is Love possessed her and I'm truly happy

Leadvirgo Zach GIF - Leadvirgo Zach Campbell GIFs

It's not good. One of her worst albums, and she usually has strong albums.

Maybe it has to grow on me? Renaissance wasn't a very lyrically challenging or thought provoking album, but it's not supposed to be that it was supposed to be a banger album, and that it did.

Its a common dig against Beyonce's artistry, but here it really sticks: she's not a songwriter. It feels like a collection of pop country songs that do very little to honor Black Country subgenres like blues, folk, or bluegrass.

5/10 :(

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

I have just started listening and ***** 5 seconds into AMERICAN REQUIEM and I'm crying :gaycat7:

Being from the South just like Bey (literally live like 2hrs away from Houston). One thing I HATE severely sometimes are music critics that have no what idea it feels like to even be in the south, judge southern music.

Hip-Hop, RnB, Soul, Country, basically all of these genres are a WORLDS difference when done in the South. It's like having two worlds colliding. I feel people that lovveee music (and probably even study it) and people from the South would understand this album. Those that aren't will have a much harder time. That's why with some of these critics idgaf what they think. A lot do them are boring YT old men anyways.

• Like 1

Hold UP! How isn't Alligator Tears on more favorite lists??? The way it's an instant favorite/discography highlight to me and everyone else dislikes it omfg :deadbanana:

• Like 2

The low effort songwriting critique as if this isn't one of her best albums lyrically :rip:

• Like 3

First listen trinity:

TYRANT

JOLENE

BODYGUARD (debatable)

Interesting album but it doesn't hit you like that the first time. I like how some of the album gives off EVERYTHING IS LOVE. Definitely no country album :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

The album's title was probably changed to COWBOY CARTER very recently, the vinyl mock up hype sticker says act ii BEYINCE

71lgiaeNfbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Idk in one of the songs she says welcome to act ii cowboy Carter 

Im just gonna be qwhite honest and say I really DGASF what one of them has to say about this album. 

Pounce on that ****, dance (Dance)
Bounce on that ****, no hands

qobbL8d.gif

My god, this album is such a massive grower. I went from abit disappointed to okay okay I think I'm starting to get it to omg im in such a state to feeling full on euphoric…. Like idk I almost want to swallow my statement I posted earlier regarding it not being her best album at this second of me typing this 

Hmm Alliigator Tears the first song I haven't completely vibed with but this is a first listen so it might grow on me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.