Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

So with Willie Nelson being credited on Just For Fun I assume he is the male voice? Kinda weird since the voice sounded younger than I expected :deadbanana4:

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Shes stepping into her Stevie Nicks, into her Tina, into her Prince bag, while being inherently Beyonce. Thats the best to explain what to expect.

And Cowboy Carter sounds like the soundtrack to a Western. Its very cinematic and she explores music like never before. Its not comparable to any of her past efforts

Okay maybe I can't wait for midnight :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, Machete said:

So with Willie Nelson being credited on Just For Fun I assume he is the male voice? Kinda weird since the voice sounded younger than I expected :deadbanana4:

It's Willie Jones nnn

1 minute ago, Machete said:

Willie Jones, not Nelson

THE INTRO??? BODYGUARD??? DAUGHTER OMG :jonnycat:

Protector was beautiful loved the nurturing lyrics. The harmonies on this album so far absolutely gorgeous too!

• Like 1

bodyguard would've been a huge smash in the 80's :jonnycat:

kinda sounds like it could've been a daryl hall & john oates song 

Yeh It's not clicking with me

Daughter is cute tho :bird:

Riverdance is SO GOOD its not even funny 

• Like 1

is spaghetti a baile funk song

Spaghetti is HARD!!!! 

Jamming Jay Z GIF

• Haha 1

Every song I was meh about growing on me since last night :jonny:

Spaghetti actually being an experimental masterpiece :jonny4: oh Beyallah :jonny3: 

Why is My Rose so short :gaycat7:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm happy to wait for this to come out, and I'm excited to listen, but I'm curious - are there any other tracks similar to 16 Carriages? And are there any slower/lower energy songs on the record? Like my miracle song would be a quiet guitar ballad just hidden in the middle of the record or something. I don't have any clue what to expect since I've seen a lot of posts saying there are a lot of sounds represented on the album.

Aside from that question, I'm really looking forward to this regardless. 16 Carriages in particular really hooked me for the album - my favorite of her three recent country tracks (if Daddy Lessons counts as recent). I just know with her voice and the right instrumentation, I'm going to hear some kind of pure magic tonight :jonny3:

yes. there are several of those moments

• Like 1

Is this OPERA I'm hearing???? This woman is INSANE :jonny:

Nooo I wanted My Rose to be a full track :cries:

I played this for some people and they ALL said Bodyguard was the best track on the album, and her best song ever

2 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

Why is My Rose so short :gaycat7:

The harmonies are so DIL-coded :gaycat7:

Edited by Virgos Groove

I cant even wrap my head around any favs. The album.is absolutely beautiful

I will say tho - Blackbird is one of the most gorgeous songs shes ever recorded. I don't know why, but the concept of the black bird being a symbol for all the dreams she had as a black artist, for all the dreams any Black artist had, and her singing of the hope to finally being ready to fly... its just melting my heart. I literally cannot deal, and then this upcoming artist Tanner comes in, whose a black country artist facing all types of racism..its just beautiful

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gnm2lepxirrk01pqgzf

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm happy to wait for this to come out, and I'm excited to listen, but I'm curious - are there any other tracks similar to 16 Carriages? And are there any slower/lower energy songs on the record? Like my miracle song would be a quiet guitar ballad just hidden in the middle of the record or something. I don't have any clue what to expect since I've seen a lot of posts saying there are a lot of sounds represented on the album.

Aside from that question, I'm really looking forward to this regardless. 16 Carriages in particular really hooked me for the album - my favorite of her three recent country tracks (if Daddy Lessons counts as recent). I just know with her voice and the right instrumentation, I'm going to hear some kind of pure magic tonight :jonny3:

This album was made for the 16 Carriages girls. Brace yourself for slow tempo galore accompanied by storytelling and genre switching

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swtamira said:

Riverdance is SO GOOD its not even funny 

Honestly. The way it would have worked the way it is on Renaissance as well.

tkrq2fw.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, visions said:

Realised I wasn't listening to the explicit version so lemme use this as an excuse to start over to listen to Ameriican Requiem again :suburban:

Let us know if there are lyric changes! Or it's just silence.

that 70 score review :biblio:

• Confused 1

I cant even wrap my head around any favs. The album.is absolutely beautiful

I will say tho - Blackbird is one of the most gorgeous songs shes ever recorded. I don't know why, but the concept of the black bird being a symbol for all the dreams she had as a black artist, for all the dreams any Black artist had, and her singing of the hope to finally being ready to fly... the black bird having broken wings aka being a symbol for all the adversities shes had to face, but now shes ready to fly. its just melting my heart. I literally cannot deal, and then this upcoming artist Tanner comes in, whose a black country artist facing all types of racism..shes literally taking her under her wings.. its just beautiful

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gnm2lepxirrk01pqgzf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.