Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

DAUGHTER has one of my favourite Beyonce melodies ever, it's just simply gorgeous i can't take it. :WAP: 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Sweet honey buckin is a hell of a faggy rodeo techno trash party song, I'm so happy 

• Haha 5

People who dont like interludes dont have an imagination or have ADHD lol. Slow down and enjoy the ride boo.

• Like 3

Beautiful piece of art - truly no one is doing it like B. Genre-bending & vocal styles I've never heard from her (or anyone) before. Like I saw someone say earlier, the metronome noise on blackbird is so dang distracting. I wish it wasn't there because it's beautiful.

Faves on first listen: Spaghettii, Ya Ya, Riiverdance, Tyrant, Sweet/Honey/Buckin (but impartial to the latter two)

I wish desert eagle was so much longer. Pls birthday cake remix it queen

• Like 1

that 1-2-3-4 punch with

riiverdance

ii hands ii heaven 

tyrant

sweet honey buckiin'

• Thanks 1

Well first listen over and I can safely say that has been an absolute experience! Truly overwhelmed with what Beyoncé was trying to achieve with this record, so so much to digest sonically and lyrically. It truly felt like a journey of how the country genre has shaped and impacted other genres/styles over the decades and how it can continue to be experimented with in the present. I think the final section of the album is going to be the most interesting to go back to and analyse as it feels like it attempts to blend the traditional with the contemporary and creates some crazy experimental results! Beyoncé has truly done it again :clap3:

• Like 3

48 minutes! I'm so glad I resisted temptation! :duca:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

im so confused reading the comments lol (i am waiting till midnight)

is it country or is it not

:khalyan2:

I feel like she could've sprinkled even more Country to it but there's still plenty of Country seasoning in it. Then again she did say she was going to "bend and blend genres" and that's exactly what she did. The album doesn't sound like anything we've heard before.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

Yup and 16 carriages is also very country I'd argue.. she kinda played us by releasing these exact two songs, the album is nothing like them

Couldn't you argue this is how Renaissance was too? Break My Soul had us all expecting a 90s house album, and what she gave us was Beyonce house. Maybe her intent was a similar bait and switch.

• Like 1

Been avoiding spoilers all day. I can't believe it's almost time to listen:WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Couldn't you argue this is how Renaissance was too? Break My Soul had us all expecting a 90s house album, and what she gave us was Beyonce house. Maybe her intent was a similar bait and switch.

Exactoyyyyy, the difference is I LOVE THE and 16C. Also love Rennie and CC both down, but I have to say I still don't really like BMS…:suburban:

Just a little over 30 mins until first listen :jonnycat:

Im about to finish my 1st listen but TYRANT is THAT **** 

twerk gif GIF

30 more minutes! 

30 minutes to go!! OMG!!!

I love what Beyonce did with Jolene.  It was *Beyonces* version.  I wouldve hated her doing the original.

Edited by Blumoon
  • Like 1

people saying it's "too long" of an album..but it's only 16 minutes longer than renaissance??? put your boots on and grow up

spacer.png

• Haha 5

:gayoncecat3:
shout out to the girls who lasted this long!

I can't believe it. It's like I've been on my back all this time and I finally get to ride :gayoncecat3:

1 hour ago, ToraeGilt said:

These AOTY comments are so annoying. She did not make the album for that and we don't care. 

She doubled down on everything that the academy hates. She is not changing to please them. 

• Like 1

Oh wow such an overwhelming experience (in a good way) - love the interludes and transitions so much. Standout songs on first listen: Bodyguard, Levi's Jeans and II Hands II Heaven

So the album basically represents the dichotomy between her being "too country" and "not country enough". Some of the songs feel highly influenced by the country genre whereas others feel like they bend and alter its sound and what it represents. That duality feels present throughout both the songs and the lyrics and it feels like she is trying to find the answers to where she fits, where she feels comfortable and how she represents both her familial roots and the roots of the music she creates herself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Comedor said:

She doubled down on everything that the academy hates. She is not changing to please them. 

I notice that she is still using different writers and samples. I love that she sticks to what works for her and in the end her discography will win the race.  Not one album of hers sound alike and there is a reason for that. The same reason that those snobs use to not give her AOTY.  They can all go to hell.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.