Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

2 minutes ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

Just finished the song and I'm in love ok back to listening 

Omg we're already three… you might say we're destiny's children…

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Glad other people are feeling the same way about Jolene. Obviously she sounds fabulous, and obviously I get the tie to Lemonade... But idk. What made Jolene JOLENE was dolly doing the opposite of what she could have and instead, did not blame the woman, and showed humility, no ego. So much more mature than bey's take on it

I get it, I'm just underwhelmed by the kinda trivial version 

Edited by ahauntingnearu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, KOMH said:

What is she doing in Japan though

She is with Jay for that drink brand he owns 

1 minute ago, sweetkiss said:

im so confused reading the comments lol (i am waiting till midnight)

is it country or is it not

:khalyan2:

I would definitely not label it country in a traditional sense, it's very genre bending 

1 minute ago, ToraeGilt said:

These AOTY comments are so annoying. She did not make the album for that and we don't care. 

I think they just mean in general lol. Like it's just the best album they've heard thus far.

Signing in Japan is so random :chick2:

I'm sorry but tyrant is boring, sounds like every other song out there.

• Thumbs Down 2

I don't think people are going to get what I mean by this but II Hands II Heaven is so Renaissance coded to me. Not in the way of sonics but more in the maximalist and abstract lyrics and her vocal delivery at some parts. Another fantastic song!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

im so confused reading the comments lol (i am waiting till midnight)

is it country or is it not

:khalyan2:

Country influenced. Texas Hold 'Em is the most traditionally country sounding song on the album. She bends the genre a lot. 

Edited by ABeyBraith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ABeyBraith said:

Country influenced. Texas Hold 'Em is the most country sounding song on the album. She bends the genre a lot. 

Yup and 16 carriages is also very country I'd argue.. she kinda played us by releasing these exact two songs, the album is nothing like them

I can't believe there is no thread for the CD signing, cause that's just crazy lol

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

Also, the synths at the end of Amen... did we ever get closure on that Echoville stuff or can I remain delusional that Act 3 will be her Yeezus-inspired masterpiece like Delresto was predicting? :khalyan2:

the end of the album did remind me of that echoville theory as soon as i heard it. it also reminded me of some of the themes of the renaissance tour. as if cowboy carter was another reality and by the end of amen that reality was fading away into another (act iii?)

• Like 1

I love it but didn't care for the interludes. Nice for first listen but affects replay values. Random talks in between songs are mostly just nice for first listen. An classic example is original flawless featuring chimamanda, I love the song but don't play it often because of chimamanda's part , got boring to listen to.

Also this is the first Beyoncé's album in a long while that felt too long for me and some songs felt like fillers. The highs on Cowboy carter is higher than Renaissance, but overall Renaissance felt more cohesive and interesting to me.

Now why do I feel like the critics are gonna tear this one to shreds though…

• Thumbs Down 1

Okay girlies, I found a special moment, Riiverdance goes straight into II Hands II Heaven and the flow of, "bounce on that **** dance" stays high as you enter the Eurpophia of Heaven. It's the POTS into Virgos Groove of act ii, it literally felt amazing when I caught the beat continuation on this listen.

Riiverdance is like the foreplay into the heightened parts of sex and then II Hands II Heaven is like when it slows down and you guys connnect tight and look into each others eyes to finish together and then lay and sleep in each others arms.

edit: And then here comes TYRANT, omfg, this is the three hit combo!!!!!!

Edited by satellites.™

Tyrant :WAP: A Hip Hop country bop! Definitely the most contemporary and accessible sounding song on the album but not in a way that it feels trendy. Thought the fiddle was going to break into the Rather Be motif for a second I'm not going to lie :dies:

Yall realize you can make a playlist without the interludes if you don't like them… lol

QueenofCopyPaste

Any FLAMENCO SLANDER is NOT ACCEPTABLE 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Glad other people are feeling the same way about Jolene. Obviously she sounds fabulous, and obviously I get the tie to Lemonade... But idk. What made Jolene JOLENE was dolly doing the opposite of what she could have and instead, did not blame the woman, and showed humility, no ego. So much more mature than bey's take on it

I get it, I'm just underwhelmed by the kinda trivial version 

Beyoncé covering it exactly like the original would have been problematic. Many people can get away with singing the original lyrics, but not Beyoncé's whose entire brand is about feminism and girl power. A lot of critics and even some GPs will drag her for it. The whole attention would have been too much distraction for the album. Most discourse and debates will focus on Jolene rather than the entire Cowboy Carter. So what she did is better, honestly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sweet Honey Buckiin' is absolutely nutty the amount of switch ups and vibe changes is taking me out :bibliahh:She said let me make something they have never heard before with this one and I love it 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Sweet Honey Buckiin' is absolutely nutty the amount of switch ups and vibe changes is taking me out :bibliahh:She said let me make something they have never heard before with this one and I love it 

Look at that horse

• Haha 1

What is she doing signing in that tower records in Tokyo wahhh I was there last month after Taylor's Eras show 

I don't live in Tokyo tho so even if I wasn't on holiday I'd never have seen her anyway but damn 

calling Sweet Honey Buckiin bad says a lot about your music taste......:chick1:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Saud said:

Hands heaven: i was so BORED

Tyrant: might grow on me

Sweet honey buckin' : horrible song 0/10

amen : 2/10,

This is one of the best sections of the album LMAOOOOOOO I know a troll when I see one :lmao: 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.