Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

the first listen i thought was it was good, but now i'm on my second and eveything is hitting like a truck :WAP:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

THE END OF DAUGHTER! 

help me GIF

• Thanks 1

i felt shy listening to desert eagle lmao she was horny in the booth damn

• Haha 1

Another 5 star record I fear 

:bunny2:

Not going to judge people at all but I'm not too sure how some people (critics included) are even able to fully review/rate the album already. I was already overwhelmed by about track 13 to what I was listening to :dies: There is A LOT to digest hear like let's take our time before we start ranking things please :redface:

9 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

my track by track review:
AMERIICAN REQUIEM — great opener, it's giving Janelle Monae
BLACKBIIRD — the beatles cover, so beautiful
16 CARRIAGES — one of her best singles:jonny3:
PROTECTOR — cute mid tempo acoustic country track, love Rumy voice on it
MY ROSE — an interlude, sonically somewhat similar to Protector, too short
SMOKE HOUR WILLIE NELSON — an interlude, she teased this on the album teaser, the radio theme is so real
TEXAS HOLD EM — this was a grower for me, such a fun song and i usually hate this type of country music 
BODYGUARD — one of my faves, it sounds so fun OOOHHH WEEEEE OOOHHHH AAAAHHH:WAP:
DOLLY P — Dolly Parton's introduction to Bey's Jolene cover, loving the transitions
JOLENE — she elevated this one like how Whitney elevated IWALY :jonny3: love this new lyrics
DAUGHTER — i'm hearing hints of Fur Elise here, is it just me? 
SPAGHETTII — she gets nasty on this, the production is insane :jonny3:
ALLIIGATOR TEARS — it sounds different, i like it
SMOKE HOUR II — talking interlude again, not what i expected at all, i feel like i'm in the wild wild west :gayoncecat3:
JUST FOR FUN — not exactly the sound i was expecting, a slower ballad 
II MOST WANTED — the Miley collab, they did THAT!! soo good 
LEVIIS JEANS — Post Malone collab, my least fave on the album, he sounds different on this but cute
FLAMENCO — sounds spanish to me, she should've started singing in spanish
THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW — interlude again, sounds like a TV show now, fits very well to the next song
YA YA — this is giving Bday, another fave of mine
OH LOUISIANA — interlude again, the vocals sounds like that vocal intro from Drunk In Love lmfaoooo
DESERT EAGLE — this is when the album is starting to turn into different sound but still fits very well with the rest of the album
RIIVERDANCE — country but make it dance, if renaissance and cowboy carter had a baby, top 3 on the album
II HANDS II HEAVEN — longest track on the album and best song on the album :jonny3: it's giving Honey from Renaissance 
TYRANT — this is crazy, hip hop country who's doing it like her 
SWEET HONEY BUCKIN — SHES INSANE!!! :jonny3:this is like 3 songs in one, top 2 on the album, the instrumental reminds me of a RWT interlude 
AMEN — going back to the sound of the first song, perfect closing track

ranking based on first listens:
II HANDS II HEAVEN > SWEET HONEY BUCKIIN > RIIVERDANCE > BODYGUARD > THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW/YA YA > TYRANT > DOLLY P/JOLENE > SPAGHETTII > II MOST WANTED > TEXAS HOLD EM > 16 CARRIAGES > JUST FOR FUN > ALLIIGATOR TEARS > DAUGHTER > BLACKBIIRD > DESERT EAGLE > MY ROSE > AMERIICAN REQUIEM > AMEN > PROTECTOR > FLAMENCO > LEVIIS JEANS > OH LOUISIANA > SMOKE HOUR > SMOKE HOUR II

Thank you for this breakdown!  I'm in the U.S. and not trying to enter the saloon early.

You say change religions
Now I spend Sundays with you
Somethin' 'bout those tears of yours
How does it feel to be adored? :katie2:

I have not heard the album yet. Waiting for midnight here and i've done so well avoiding the nonsense but i have to ask: Why cant people sit with an album for a day before judging it? we dont do that anymore? lol This is insane the opinions i've read today.  Some even admitted that they barely listened to a full song, they were in such a hurry to put a label on the thing. This is weird behavior. 

• Like 7

Flamenco no I needed more those vocals were going crazy :cries:

• Like 2

Am at brunch with friends we're on holiday with and they listened too in the hotel and really liked it :jonny6: mother collect those streams 

Imagining blasting II Most Wanted through car speakers while watching the sun set over a lake sitting on the car roof with friends or my boyfriend having me emotional rn nnnn; :chick3:

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Jolene is okay. The lyric changes make me scream. :suburban:

i have to agree, i really was looking for it to be my fave. i wish bey had stuck to form with this one. 

• Thumbs Down 2

II MOST WANTED

Bey and Miley's voice on song is extraordinary!

fantasia-crying-on-stage.gif

• Like 1

Some of her best songs are on this album. This woman is a genius.

35 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Screaming at this :dies: 

wait... that man is on the two biggest releases this year... much to think about...

This is exceptionally great great Beyoncé. I personally enjoyed every track and did not get bothered at ALL despite it having so many tracks. I loved the switch up for the latter half. My favorite tracks are def there but I really appreciated the first half too. Excited to listen to it again (legally). 

• Like 2

I feel this is DEFINITELY gonna be her most well-received album by the general public. Most certainly. Cause the public is EATING THIS SH*T UUPPP!!!

• Like 1

just 2 hours until I can listen... going insane but it will be so worth ittt

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

Levi's Jeans is CRAZIIIIILY good. It's like the country Sunflower. If you know you know

:jonny6:

omg i was looking for a leviid jeans stan... LETS RISEEEEEEE:ryan3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

She's a TYRANT, every time I RIDE IT

Every time I ride it, make it look so GOOD

n8qi6nkccvj31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

loving that she has that ridiculous B'day energy on some of these tracks. im going to act a FOOL if i hear any of these when im out.

that being said. my fave after my first 3ish listens is II most wanted <3 which i was NOT expecting !!

1 minute ago, minho said:

just 2 hours until I can listen... going insane but it will be so worth ittt

sis, to give u a tip... delete all the expectations you have for the album to prevent over hype or disappointment. its def not an instant like rennie, but omg its a ride!!!

• Like 1

Any pop bops? 

👀 

YA YA SONG OF THE DECADE

Adele Come Back GIF - Adele Come Back Hello GIFs
The constant references throughout to different songs, styles, genres, vocal deliveries. Intentionally imitating different voices she's a GENIUS!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.