Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

I don't see how Ariana's Eternal Sunshine can get a 100 from RS but not this :deadbanana4:

Critics could do this dirty if they get the wrong person reviewing it (knowing this is not the usual Bey project and a complete departure from RENAISSANCE). Even if it's not country to the core, best believe several will be shocked.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

II Most Wanted :clap3::clap3::clap3: Beautiful duet, beautiful vocals, beautiful song

• Like 1

The length of the album will throw people off. I do find it too long.

I loveeeeeeeeee TYRANT

spacer.png

I AM SUCH A TYRANT EVERY TIME I RIDE IT

spacer.png

EVERYTIME I RIIIiiiIIIIIiiiDE THIS

spacer.png

I DONT LIKE TO SIT UP IN THE SADDLE BOY I GOT IT
spacer.png

The album has a nice cool vibe, but none of the songs are surpassing CIL, Single Ladies, Run The World, Drunk In Love, Formation or Freedom. 

I love her version of Jolene and Ya Ya. Most Wanted and Bodyguard are pretty good. 

The album was over-hyped, she'll get an AOTY nomination but it's not deserving of a win. 

Renaissance was better. 

I hope Act 3 is very Tina Turner or Aerosmith. 

• Thumbs Down 9

B8 LITERALLY :jonny3:

the songs after THE LINDA MARTEL SHOW are so unexpected :jonny3:

• Like 1

I am absolutely FLOORED. I can't even begin to describe how that just made me feel. She truly is one of one. I need to sit with the album for the next few days to really take it in but this is genuinely a masterpiece 

• Like 2

Just a reminder that her las 4 studio albums are Everything Is Love, The Gift, Renaissance and Cowboy Carter. She went in completely different directions with each, NOBODY is doing it like her.

• Like 4

Just now, Kiss It Better said:

B8 LITERALLY :jonny3:

the songs after THE LINDA MARTEL SHOW are so unexpected :jonny3:

Dare I say the best songs on the album?

:jonny3:

Levii's Jeans oh I'm definitely bopping :katie2:The provocative lyrics and production make it feel more contemporary but the delivery of the chorus feels so traditional I LOVE it!

She and Miley are really going OFF:WAP::WAP:

• Like 1

does anybody know why "blackbird" and "amen" finish the same way?

it's so random

reading some of the reactions and realising im going to have to be a full time SPAGHETTI defender.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rolling Stone didn't even give Rennie 5 stars and Rennie is a more accessible album

(I really disagree wth the people who claimed this one was)

I'm waiting until midnight EST to stream while watching all of the lyric videos for a proper first listening experience but I can NOT wait!!!

1 minute ago, Babydoll. said:

reading some of the reactions and realising im going to have to be a full time SPAGHETTI defender.....

The No Angel/Love Drought/AUIYM of Act II...

xtina-lotus.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my track by track review:
AMERIICAN REQUIEM — great opener, it's giving Janelle Monae
BLACKBIIRD — the beatles cover, so beautiful
16 CARRIAGES — one of her best singles:jonny3:
PROTECTOR — cute mid tempo acoustic country track, love Rumy voice on it
MY ROSE — an interlude, sonically somewhat similar to Protector, too short
SMOKE HOUR WILLIE NELSON — an interlude, she teased this on the album teaser, the radio theme is so real
TEXAS HOLD EM — this was a grower for me, such a fun song and i usually hate this type of country music 
BODYGUARD — one of my faves, it sounds so fun OOOHHH WEEEEE OOOHHHH AAAAHHH:WAP:
DOLLY P — Dolly Parton's introduction to Bey's Jolene cover, loving the transitions
JOLENE — she elevated this one like how Whitney elevated IWALY :jonny3: love this new lyrics
DAUGHTER — i'm hearing hints of Fur Elise here, is it just me? 
SPAGHETTII — she gets nasty on this, the production is insane :jonny3:
ALLIIGATOR TEARS — it sounds different, i like it
SMOKE HOUR II — talking interlude again, not what i expected at all, i feel like i'm in the wild wild west :gayoncecat3:
JUST FOR FUN — not exactly the sound i was expecting, a slower ballad 
II MOST WANTED — the Miley collab, they did THAT!! soo good 
LEVIIS JEANS — Post Malone collab, my least fave on the album, he sounds different on this but cute
FLAMENCO — sounds spanish to me, she should've started singing in spanish
THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW — interlude again, sounds like a TV show now, fits very well to the next song
YA YA — this is giving Bday, another fave of mine
OH LOUISIANA — interlude again, the vocals sounds like that vocal intro from Drunk In Love lmfaoooo
DESERT EAGLE — this is when the album is starting to turn into different sound but still fits very well with the rest of the album
RIIVERDANCE — country but make it dance, if renaissance and cowboy carter had a baby, top 3 on the album
II HANDS II HEAVEN — longest track on the album and best song on the album :jonny3: it's giving Honey from Renaissance 
TYRANT — this is crazy, hip hop country who's doing it like her 
SWEET HONEY BUCKIN — SHES INSANE!!! :jonny3:this is like 3 songs in one, top 2 on the album, the instrumental reminds me of a RWT interlude 
AMEN — going back to the sound of the first song, perfect closing track

ranking based on first listens:
II HANDS II HEAVEN > SWEET HONEY BUCKIIN > RIIVERDANCE > BODYGUARD > THE LINDA MARTELL SHOW/YA YA > TYRANT > DOLLY P/JOLENE > SPAGHETTII > II MOST WANTED > TEXAS HOLD EM > 16 CARRIAGES > JUST FOR FUN > ALLIIGATOR TEARS > DAUGHTER > BLACKBIIRD > DESERT EAGLE > MY ROSE > AMERIICAN REQUIEM > AMEN > PROTECTOR > FLAMENCO > LEVIIS JEANS > OH LOUISIANA > SMOKE HOUR > SMOKE HOUR II

• Like 1

wearing my levii's jeans to a listening party

:gayoncecat3:

I liked Spaghetti too

much better than church girl 

• Like 3

Done with my first listen and it's an amazing album. :bird: will have to give it some more spins but it might just be able to dethrone Self Titled as her magnum opus for me. The length isn't much of an issue to me being used to overlong slow paced albums with Miley's Dead Petz capping at 92 minutes. :rip:

My favorite songs after first listen:

Tyrant (best song on the album :jonny:

Alligator Tears

II Most Wanted (MOTHERS :heart:)

Leviis Jeans

Ya Ya

Riiverdance

Jolene 

II Hands II Heaven

Texas Hold Em

16 Carriages

Edited by FlyOnTheWall

Bodyguard on repeat :clap3: Of course Texas and 16 Carriages are amazing.

Disappointed I didn't like anything else and especially since it's 27 tracks long. And the Miley duet gave the same vibes as Florence and Gaga. I have to let it sit I think, I hope...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.