Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

vZRnqD.gif

I honestly can't wait to see how she delivers this album live.

:jonny:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

Can't get over that f***ing Beastie Boys interpolation on YA YA… LORD :gayoncecat3:

AMERIICAN REQUIEM is one of her best songs ever

• Like 1

Hummm, need some time with this album. 

Jolene is probably my fave by first listen. 

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

vZRnqD.gif

I honestly can't wait to see how she delivers this album live.

:jonny:

Another onstant fav - its the country Version of My House

Blackbiird very sweet and warm, it's like a hug in song form. :fan:

Just finished my first listen and it was INCREDIBLE! It's long past midnight here, so I'm going to sleep and I can't wait to just play this on a loop as soon as I wake up! :WAP:

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

27 songs? :deadbanana4:

4 interludes and a few short songs, its "just" 1 hour 19 min in total

10 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Our TTH. :clap3: They're definitely pushing the Miley duet, I can see it debuting high on TTH when it updates.

Imma need those 2 TikTok girlies to get Parkwood in line again and create a dance for Levii Jeans cause... :biblionny:

• Like 3

Even with 27 songs and 80+ minutes, it never feels like it's dragging on

• Like 4

the user that said Postie sounds like a FOMO on LJ was spot on :suburban:

Just now, 5hfangurl said:

Even with 27 songs and 80+ minutes, it never feels like it's dragging on

The only two songs that felt a little bit filler were Just For Fun and Desert Eagle to me, other than that, everything made sense and added

american requiem.... shes so audacious i love her lol. this is an OPENER !!!!!!

• Like 1

16 Carriages SOTY, ROTY omfg I literally just got teary eyed to it wtf :dies:

That final passage at the end just does something to me

At fifteen, the innocence was gone astray
Had to take care of home at an early age
I saw Mama cryin', I saw Daddy lyin'
Had to sacrifice and leave my fears behind

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Thanks 1

Starting my listen :WAP:

I wasn't expecting this Psychedelic feeling on the first track. Reminds me of a country Ray Of Light track. 

I'm happy to wait for this to come out, and I'm excited to listen, but I'm curious - are there any other tracks similar to 16 Carriages? And are there any slower/lower energy songs on the record? Like my miracle song would be a quiet guitar ballad just hidden in the middle of the record or something. I don't have any clue what to expect since I've seen a lot of posts saying there are a lot of sounds represented on the album.

Aside from that question, I'm really looking forward to this regardless. 16 Carriages in particular really hooked me for the album - my favorite of her three recent country tracks (if Daddy Lessons counts as recent). I just know with her voice and the right instrumentation, I'm going to hear some kind of pure magic tonight :jonny3:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'm happy to wait for this to come out, and I'm excited to listen, but I'm curious - are there any other tracks similar to 16 Carriages? And are there any slower/lower energy songs on the record? Like my miracle song would be a quiet guitar ballad just hidden in the middle of the record or something. I don't have any clue what to expect since I've seen a lot of posts saying there are a lot of sounds represented on the album.

Aside from that question, I'm really looking forward to this regardless. 16 Carriages in particular really hooked me for the album - my favorite of her three recent country tracks (if Daddy Lessons counts as recent). I just know with her voice and the right instrumentation, I'm going to hear some kind of pure magic tonight :jonny3:

Oh sis if that's what you want bless you that album was made for you 100%

daughter is gonna MURDER you with no mercy sis.

Edited by Negiiiii
  • Like 2

She really said FEMME QUEEN RIGHTS with Sweet and Buckin

M4l5A1.gif

• Haha 1

Levi's Jeans is CRAZIIIIILY good. It's like the country Sunflower. If you know you know

:jonny6:

• Like 1

Realised I wasn't listening to the explicit version so lemme use this as an excuse to start over to listen to Ameriican Requiem again :suburban:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Shes stepping into her Stevie Nicks, into her Tina, into her Prince bag, while being inherently Beyonce. Thats the best way to explain what to expect.

And Cowboy Carter sounds like the soundtrack to a Western. Its very cinematic and she explores music like never before. Its not comparable to any of her past efforts

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Daughter and the Miley duet

• Like 1

Personally I think any album that goes over 15 tracks has unecessary filller. This album could have done without all of the short singing interludes to be honest.

Edited by Lasher
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.