The 11th Annual ATRL Grammys | Ooh, SZA's taking it!

supaspaz

FYC

Dirt Femme (AOTY, Pop Album)

I Like u by Tove Lo (ROTY, SOTY, Best Dance Recording)

What You Done by Rochelle Jordan & Keys N Krates (Pop Duo/Group)

Sossaup by KAYTRAMINE & Amaarae (Pop Duo/Group)

4EVA by KAYTRAMINE (Rap Song, Rap Performance)

KAYTRAMINE by KAYTRAMINE (Rap Album)

Edited by Kiss It Better

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Legend E

• wehavetostan

• Frozen99

looking forward to nomination round and skipping round robin because my opinions keep changing on albums, example as lana is not good one day another day best album then back to not liking it. sort of daily moods depend what id prefer.

for your consideration:

slayyyter / starfucker for every categories available, nom song is miss belladonna

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Luckitty said:

@supaspaz just a suggestion but is it possible to add a global music category for non english releases? or maybe for the next ATRL Grammys? :thing:

What do you feel is currently being left out as a result? K-pop can go to the pop categories, for example.

8 hours ago, Luckitty said:

@supaspaz just a suggestion but is it possible to add a global music category for non english releases? or maybe for the next ATRL Grammys? :thing:

6 hours ago, supaspaz said:

What do you feel is currently being left out as a result? K-pop can go to the pop categories, for example.

I was wondering the same thing, if not the new category then clear submissions for songs/albums that don’t fit any one genre. K-Pop is mostly fine since its majority pop. 

The biggest confusion would be African music, the regular Grammy characterisation is so broad that Amapiano’s works from Tyla, Davido & Asake could either pop or dance, Libianca’s People into R&B, Burna Boy into Rap for example.

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

I was wondering the same thing, if not the new category then clear submissions for songs/albums that don’t fit any one genre. K-Pop is mostly fine since its majority pop. 

The biggest confusion would be African music, the regular Grammy characterisation is so broad that Amapiano’s works from Tyla, Davido & Asake could either pop or dance, Libianca’s People into R&B, Burna Boy into Rap for example.

Sure, let's discuss specific examples. I have seen a "People" submission already. I think that could slot into R&B. We're just going to have to be broad with our genre categorizations.

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, brokee said:

Is it okay to add Tate to the best new artist cause I added her last year too :celestial5:

Yes, this was a breakout year for her.

22 hours ago, supaspaz said:

imo i think it would give pop girls who release non English music a better chance at getting nominated, also when i made that comment i was mainly thinking of countries whose music isn't popular in the US/anglophone countries so I wasn't thinking of kpop or latin music but they could be included too :thing:

but also i don't know anything about the rules of that award so idk if they would even be eligible irl :suburban:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Luckitty said:

imo i think it would give pop girls who release non English music a better chance at getting nominated, also when i made that comment i was mainly thinking of countries whose music isn't popular in the US/anglophone countries so I wasn't thinking of kpop or latin music but they could be included too :thing:

but also i don't know anything about the rules of that award so idk if they would even be eligible irl :suburban:

It's really up to us to define this the way we want. I'm certainly willing to count anything released during the eligibility period, even if it wasn't in the US or Europe.

• ATRL Moderator

Pop or rap for "Paint the Town Red"? And are we putting Fountain Baby in pop, R&B, alternative...?

• ATRL Moderator

FYC: 

Chappell Roan - Best New Artist

HOT TO GO! - Record of the Year, Best Dance Recording

Casual - Song of the Year, Best Music Video, Best Pop Solo Performance

Dan Nîgro - Producer of the Year

I'm so annoyed that The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess missed the deadline by one week :chick3:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, wehavetostan said:

I'm so annoyed that The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess missed the deadline by one week :chick3:

So did Scarlet and Tension! All have been submitted anyway.

• ATRL Moderator

Without an alternative performance category, does "A&W" go to pop?

• ATRL Moderator

Wow, I completely forgot that "Nonsense" was released in this eligibility period. Record of the Year, please!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

So did Scarlet and Tension! All have been submitted anyway.

Wait so should I submit it?

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Thank you @wehavetostan for the reminder that this masterpiece needs to be nominated!

Not me being the only voter of hers :rip: C’mon now everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.