• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

Cuff it is great but when you have … everything from track 9-16, it’s just not as good 

Just now, cockatoo said:

It's true, it's true I slept on Renny until like April this year. I'm being excommunicated from the gay community :redface:

Expeditiously!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Rev8 said:

No way Rosalia left :rip: :rip: :rip: wtfff

I’m guessing because the album was split between manic uptempo and old style ballads, voters struggled on picking a side hence why 7 of her songs were just eliminated one after the other  

1 minute ago, madonnas said:

Cuff it is great but when you have … everything from track 9-16, it’s just not as good 

Yeah exactly. I think it's a bit of a reverse BMS in that respect. Cuff it works really well as a single but just kinda blends in as an album track but BMS really comes into its own in the context of the full album 

• ATRL Moderator

If I had placed a bet before voting started, the next elimination would have been my pick for the winner. Coincidentally, my #3 song of 2022!

Ugh I just remembered my first SAOKO listen again and it legit felt like a cultural reset :jonny2: The epic synth, the distorted pianos, the reggaeton drums, the JAZZ percussion? She's unhinged :jonny5:Still hate her ass for making it barely two minutes long

Edited by State of Grace.

• ATRL Moderator

Oh no is it alien superstar 

Just now, madonnas said:

Oh no is it alien superstar 

It's joever :dancehall2:

• ATRL Moderator

RmGjInf.png

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Average score: 8.43

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @a_d_22@Reverie, @4Real@MP2K, @BlackoutZone, @State of Grace., @Rigalo@Virgos Groove, @Crashed, @madonnas, @Achilles., @Subomie@Quicksand, @Sanguine, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 3 (@cockatoo)

A tip of the hat to whichever mad genius conceived this one, a spectacularly out of-this-world dance floor serve that might melt your brain if you think for too long about how its kaleidoscope of musical pieces came together. Consider: It is perhaps the first time in history that Right Said Fred’s “I’m Too Sexy” has been repurposed into greatness. (Foremost Poet’s “Moonraker,” Danube Dance’s “Unique” and Barbara Ann Teer’s “Black Theater” also provide vocal samples.) Or consider: The justifiably gloating lyrics are packed with bon mots – “I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one” – that will be quoted by homosexuals for years to come. And consider: Its confident rise and fall through industrial beats and celestial synths, commanding you to dance and then luring you to meditate on its relentless inventiveness as you stop to take a breath. It’s no wonder “Alien Superstar” became a standout on Renaissance, despite never getting the single treatment it deserved, even winning the ATRL Grammys for Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.

Best bit: “Category: bad bitch, I'm thе bar”

ATRL says…: “This song is incredible, but I have to admit when the AS stans were trying to act like ‘Cuff It’ wasn't a massive smash waiting to happen, I had to laugh when CI did smash,” @Ewan Chaos pettily pointed out. @madonnas called it an “avant-garde club masterpiece.” @cockatoo once again struggled to see brilliance laid out before him. “This is so overrated, I'm sorry,” he sniped. @Rev8 also “never understood the overwhelming love for this overrated song. The beginning isn't even that cute and the end is just horrid.”

So unserious.

Somebody needs to stop the damn America Has An Overrated Song gays :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator

RIP to a legend. The fact that it missed the top five is criminal.

• ATRL Moderator

This is straight up one of the most avant garde songs a mainstream pop star has done 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, cockatoo said:

This song is AHAP's ugly step sister :sorry:

Just now, State of Grace. said:

So unserious.

These two posts in succession have me cackling.

• Haha 1

So unserious.

No... NO!

tumblr_mezy3udvun1qb83d3.gif

HEATED needs to win now, VIRGO'S GROOVE is overrated i fear (still a bop)

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

This is straight up one of the most avant garde songs a mainstream pop star has done 

It takes unbelievable genius to come up with something like that. Diane Warren will never see heaven.

• Haha 1

Miss @cockatoogiving a 3 to both Alien Superstar and SAOKO should have cancelled the ballot. A troll!

election-bs.gif

• ATRL Moderator

OmDrafX.png

SUMMER RENAISSANCE

Average score: 8.61

High score: 10 (@BGKC@Reverie, @Ewan Chaos, @BlackoutZone, @State of Grace.@Virgos Groove@madonnas, @Achilles., @creativity.@Quicksand)

Low score: 4.5 (@jacklovesyou1)

Beyoncé couldn’t make an entire dance album without a nod to the Queen of Disco. So this closing track from Renaissance heavily samples Donna Summer’s essential “I Feel Love,” turning one of the building blocks of modern electronic music into a flirty bedroom jam. Giorgio Moroder’s groundbreaking Moog synthesizer production provides the melodic heft while the chorus interpolates Donna’s breathy hook. With the title, “Summer Renaissance,” Beyoncé positions herself as the natural heir to her legendary forebear’s crown.

Best bit: “Vuitton, Dior, Givenchy, collect your coins, Beyoncé”

ATRL says…: “Probably the most obvious sampling she could have done for Donna but who gives a fuck,” @Ewan Chaos shrugged. “One of the best songs ever and used in such a fantastic way. Great closer.” @cockatoo thought it was “definitely the best sample use on the album.” @madonnas was blown away by the “perfect ending to the best 1/2/3 punch. When she rhymes her name with Givenchy, it’s a chef’s kiss moment.”

Miss @cockatoogiving a 3 to both Alien Superstar and SAOKO should have cancelled the ballot. A troll!

election-bs.gif

I'm just here for a good time

omg-laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.