K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Can they announce the comeback soon? I want to see my man’s fancam and his effortless unbothered king serve

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

the bandwagon NewJeans stanning here is even worse than aespa 2021

Ditto won't be bigger than Hype Boy, Love Dive or Next Level just because it got million PAKs pls. Who's gonna listen to that during summer?

amymikesnatch.gif

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

Why is this nugu doing well? The new Bboom Bboom?

According to our nugu expert @harrythevifan, the song apparently reminds Koreans of Big Bong. :cm:

2 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

According to our nugu expert @harrythevifan, the song apparently reminds Koreans of Big Bong. :cm:

In uncertain times, they find the lyrics (done by some Day6 guy) comforting, and does have that nostalgic feel.

:cm:

• ShowChamp.EP465: tripleS, LIMELIGHT, KIM TAEYEON, PARK ROSSI, SERRI (달샤벳), Song Min Kyung, PURPLE KISS, TRI.BE, STAYC, San E × MOON SUA, TNX, 8TURN, Nam Dong Hyun, HAWW, LUCY

:cm:

Hype Boy is obviously NewJeans’ biggest song in Korea, the fact it still sits in the top 3 7 months after release - the virality it had is once in a lifetime, I would say 

Edited by Hazy

Not people saying Ditto is the biggest song of all time :ahh:

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

Why is this nugu doing well? The new Bboom Bboom?

The lyrics to verse are really good and uplifting:bird:

NingNing's solo is Aespa's best song since Savage mini :jonny5:We need the studio version

Hype Boy is definitely bigger than Love Dive already :rip:

even on Spotify, Hype Boy is only 6million streams away from Love Dive despite LD having a big early start 

3 hours ago, Chemist said:

The thing is songs nowadays stay for months inside the top 10 while "smashes" back then when Gee was a hit would stay 10 weeks inside the top 10 at max, so it's an unfair comparison

Ditto will def end up being the biggest song of the past 5 years though

It will not y’all be saying anything it’s not even bigger than hype boy. 

All I'm getting from this debate is that NJ's music is already being compared to titan hits like Gee and some of the BP songs

A whole galaxy ahead of their peers :snowman:

5 hours ago, lily42 said:

Acting victim after shading NewJeans unprovoked? We get it that you are fuming over their success every day. Show it less and stick to posting Stray Dwarfs and their obscure records instead :heart:

Somebody needs to study your obsession with me and SKZ :redface: It’s about NJ and BP right now???

*Obscure records*

Let me just keep it cute and not bring up SKZ’s  sales and tour numbers :toofunny3:

Anyways worry about SKZ getting more daily streams and out streaming TXT without a recent Korean comeback

hottie-flavor-of-love.gif

SKZ busy doing their thing in Japan right now :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

too early to say if ditto will end up being bigger than hype boy let's wait for 6-8 months, if it still hangs around top 3 then sure but hype boy's impact will not be surpassed

the fact that NewJeans will have 5 songs over 100m in a week and 4 of them over 200m in a month on Spotify :cm: with a total of 6 songs in their discography 

and even Hurt will hit 100m mark in about half a year if it keeps going 

and all their releases are over 1m sales :flower: no wonder some people are pressed over those girlies 

Edited by Hazy

22 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

newjeans being in top 10 without a Japanese debut :deadbanana4: I fear they will demolished other 4th gen ggs (except for lsf) in Japan when their debut comes :wanda:

4 minutes ago, Hazy said:

the fact that NewJeans will have 5 songs over 100m in a week and 4 of them over 200m in a month on Spotify :cm: with a total of 6 songs in their discography 

and all their releases are over 1m sales :flower: no wonder some people are pressed over those girlies 

and hurt will hit 100m around may or June :gaycat4: discography full of hits :WAP:

1 minute ago, jeanie said:

and hurt will hit 100m around may or June :gaycat4: discography full of hits :WAP:

yes, and then they will have 3 songs over 300m by the summer! just like that, not even 1 year into their career :cm: 4th gen leaders indeed 

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

same old bs...yawn

you're literally only user in this thread who continuously brings up txt and newjeans even when nobody mentions them. talk about unhealthy obsession and inferiority complex. seek help :rip: