Germans help me

dwuw

sooo i'm from spain but i'm moving to köln in september and i'm trying to find a wg-zimmer/1-zimmer-wohnung but it's literally impossible??? i'm trying to look on wg-gesucht.de but NO ONE ever replies and i'm desperate so if anyone knows any other website or anything i'd be thankful

THANKS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dwuw

• katara

• arceus

• ProudLBS

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you speak German? Cause at least in Berlin they don’t speak English

well, welcome to the struggle :rip: I'm born and raised in Berlin and its the same for all of us.

Honestly it’s probably best to look at places that are a few kilometers outside of Köln for the first few months. Once you’ve settled a bit and know more local people it’s gonna be a bit easier.

You can always try eBay Kleinanzeigen though https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeigen/auf-zeit-wg-koeln/wg/c199-l945

19 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Do you speak German? Cause at least in Berlin they don’t speak English

yes i do and i already lived in germany for a year 

Just now, lenchen. said:

Honestly it’s probably best to look at places that are a few kilometers outside of Köln for the first few months. Once you’ve settled a bit and know more local people it’s gonna be a bit easier.

You can always try eBay Kleinanzeigen though https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeigen/auf-zeit-wg-koeln/wg/c199-l945

the thing is the school I’ll be working in is in a city 15km away from köln but i wanna live in the big city

Girl bye :ahh:

In Germany people are struggling to find an apartment and it takes them like one year until they find one and you think youll get one right out of the gate? :ahh: That fact that youre a foreigner with minimal German skills makes this appear even more delusional.

4 minutes ago, bocelli said:

In Germany people are struggling to find an apartment and it takes them like one year until they find one and you think youll get one right out of the gate? :ahh: That fact that youre a foreigner with minimal German skills makes this appear even more delusional.

Minimal German skills? I’ve been studying German for 5 years, lived an entire year there and got hired to work in a high school there but go off rat

welcome in the best region of Europe tbh :clap3: 

Don't give up, just write as many offers as possible. Are you a student? Because there are Wohnheime. 

Try immonet, ebay-kleinanzeigen. I currently don't know anyone who's moving out, but if I know someone I might come back to you if I don't forget it :chick3:

Edited by Simondus

I’ve heard that people placed an Inserate on ebay kleinanzeigen that they’re looking for an apartment. Copy and paste the text from wg-gesucht. 

i’m from berlin and two friends found one through ebay kleinanzeigen. 

otherwise keep spamming wg-gesucht. 

6 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Girl stfu

Edited by KingB®

4 minutes ago, Simondus said:

welcome in the best region of Europe tbh :clap3: 

Don't give up, just write as many offers as possible. Are you a student? Because there Wohnheime. 

Try immonet, ebay-kleinanzeigen. I currently don't know anyone who's moving out, but if I know someone I might come back to you if I don't forget it :chick3:

4 minutes ago, KingB® said:

I’ve heard that people placed an Inserate on ebay kleinanzeigen that they’re looking for an apartment. Copy and paste the text from wg-gesucht. 

i’m from berlin and two friends found one through ebay kleinanzeigen. 

otherwise keep spamming wg-gesucht. 

Girl stfu

thanks for the help!! ill try ebay i didn’t know about that one <3

10 minutes ago, dwuw said:

Minimal German skills? I’ve been studying German for 5 years, lived an entire year there and got hired to work in a high school there but go off rat

Im German myself and I can confirm that there are barely any foreigners with German skills that are not giving second-hand-embarrassment

You have to keep spamming wg-gesucht, Immoscout24, ebay kleinanzeigen  etc. It's the only way to find apartments in bigger cities. It can take months to find something though. 

24 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Im German myself and I can confirm that there are barely any foreigners with German skills that are not giving second-hand-embarrassment

You can't confirm **** LOL just your own bias and apparent hate for foreigners :lmao:

26 minutes ago, bocelli said:

You are the one giving second-hand embarrassment with this attitude 

26 minutes ago, bocelli said:

How is this relevant? Why are you projecting your very limited experiences on a person you don't know at all?

4 minutes ago, katara said:

You have to keep spamming wg-gesucht, Immoscout24, ebay kleinanzeigen  etc. It's the only way to find apartments in bigger cities. It can take months to find something though. 

thanks I’ve been spamming wg-gesucht for a month but no one replies I’m desperate 

51 minutes ago, dwuw said:

the thing is the school I’ll be working in is in a city 15km away from köln but i wanna live in the big city

yeah I understand that but like other people  said it’s gonna be really hard to find a place just through the internet. The safest option is honestly the one I suggested.

I have a few friends in Köln I can ask them if they have some tips.

I didn't know getting apartment in so difficult to find in Germany, but then again the foreigners are booked and busy with snatching jobs there, my people included :laugh:

2 minutes ago, dwuw said:

thanks I’ve been spamming wg-gesucht for a month but no one replies I’m desperate 

Usually the people who post on wg-gesucht want the person who is searching to come over for an "interview" so they can introduce themsevels and see if they vibe with each other before they sign the contract. I assume that's gotta be the main reason why they haven't replied since you live so far away. 

Maybe as a backup try to already book a long-term Airbnb stay for your month of arrival and maybe even beyond. One that has good cancellation terms (like free cancellation 2 weeks beforehand). That way, you’ll at least have something to fall back to in case you haven’t found yourself an apartment by the time you’re supposed to move. Good to know is that hosts on Airbnb will likely only accept you for long-term if you have at least a few positive reviews by other hosts.

50 minutes ago, bocelli said:

33 minutes ago, bocelli said:

I see a pattern 

Can i ask you what you include in your messages on wg-gesucht? From my experience most people expect you to tell them a few lines about yourself. I also live in a WG and every 2 years someone new moves in and usually we go through all the messages and we filter out one-liners or people who aren't specific enough. 

As far as the others said, keep trying on wg-gesucht.de, immoscout24 & ebay kleinanzeigen. Wishing you best of luck!

41 minutes ago, bocelli said:

These posts are giving second-hand-embarrassment :deadbanana2:

OT: Sorry girlie, I can't help.

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

Are you ok? :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.