• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• madonnas

• Reverie

• Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Am I crazy or would Fergie slay "Protect My Energy"?

I….? I have no idea how you thought of this but you’re not wrong.  

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

I….? I have no idea how you thought of this but you’re not wrong.  

Especially that bridge. It feels like it would have been a great addition to The Dutchess!

Little Love? 

• ATRL Moderator

8hRd6V6.png

MY LITTLE LOVE

Average score: 8.18

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Insanity, @MP2K@Ewan Chaos, @Taemira, @Norte@Reverie)

Low score: (@creativity.)

Some said it couldn’t be done! But Adele scrapes into the top ten of this countdown with her final remaining track from 30, an experimental quiet storm ballad dedicated to her son. As she explains why she divorced his father and comes to terms with how much it has devastated both of them, Adele shares snippets of their sometimes turbulent conversations about her depression and his feelings of abandonment. Then, with “My Little Love” winding to its finish over grandiose orchestral strings, we get an extraordinary confessional in which Adele is brought to tears by her own loneliness. It is stunning, in every sense of the word – one of the most astonishingly intimate songs that a major pop star has ever put to record.

Best bit: “When you lay on me, can you hear the way my heart breaks?”

ATRL says...: “Gorgeous song, gorgeous sentiment, the backing vocals in the chorus, WHEW,” @Ewan Chaos raved. @BnPac, on the other hand, thought “this could have been better. The dialogues with her kid elevate the song, but I feel like the second verse could be improved. Some dialogues should have been given more time to breathe, especially the kid's before the song takes over again. But still, the emotional part is well conveyed.” And @creativity. hated it, complaining that “incorporating children’s voices is EASILY one of my least favorite things in music.”

• ATRL Moderator

And that's the final song to receive a 1. If @creativity. had given "My Little Love" even a 6, its next lowest score, it would have been competing for the top five.

Ahhh not Adele. Gorgeous song and happy she made top 10

30 does not deserve all the lashings it gets here 

• ATRL Moderator

Too high for her but it’s one of the few songs I don’t mind on the album so I’m happy with it being her highest.  Good to see Olivia outlasted.  

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, naval23 said:

30 does not deserve all the lashings it gets here 

Loud for the haters in the back!

• ATRL Moderator

We haven't seen her for a while, but it's time for Billie to take another hit.

• ATRL Moderator

BBN in the top ten is surprising to me so I assume it’s our next.  Great song though.  

• ATRL Moderator

uoR3WAT.png

OXYTOCIN

Average score: 8.23

High score: 10 (@madonnas, @Lucas32@Ewan Chaos, @Fitzswiftie, @Invisibility@creativity., @Quicksand)

Low score: 3 (@Saddy)

Billie Eilish is ready to ravage a dude, in front of God and anyone else who may be listening through the wall, on this pulsing electro rave-up. Named for a hormone released into the bloodstream during sexual activity and childbirth that stimulates social bonding, “Oxytocin” is pure musical libido, a menacing warning that she’s about do bad things that will make him yell. The final song written for Happier Than Ever, it was intentionally crafted to provide a hype moment for live shows.

Best bit: “‘Cause I like to do things God doesn't approve of if She saw us”

ATRL says...: “Banger banger banger banger banger,” was all @Ewan Chaos could manage. @madonnas called it “her best song.  It’s basically the best Billie qualities all mashed into one.”

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

uoR3WAT.png

OXYTOCIN

Average score: 8.23

High score: 10 (@madonnas, @Lucas32@Ewan Chaos, @Fitzswiftie, @Invisibility@creativity., @Quicksand)

Low score: 3 (@Saddy)

Billie Eilish is ready to ravage a dude, in front of God and anyone else who may be listening through the wall, on this pulsing electro rave-up. Named for a hormone released into the bloodstream during sexual activity and childbirth that stimulates social bonding, “Oxytocin” is pure musical libido, a menacing warning that she’s about do bad things that will make him yell. The final song written for Happier Than Ever, it was intentionally crafted to provide a hype moment for live shows.

Best bit: “‘Cause I like to do things God doesn't approve of if She saw us”

ATRL says...: “Banger banger banger banger banger,” was all @Ewan Chaos could manage. @madonnas called it “her best song.  It’s basically the best Billie qualities all mashed into one.”

This song is sooo boring :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Saddy said:

This song is sooo boring :biblio:

It's a banger!

11 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

And that's the final song to receive a 1. If @creativity. had given "My Little Love" even a 6, its next lowest score, it would have been competing for the top five.

Sorry everyone! I really do hate kids’ voices in songs!

• ATRL Moderator

Waiting for @madonnas to see that "Oxytocin" is out so that we can give him space for his grief.

I just got here, let me get caught up as we go through the finale!

Glad to see Oxytocin getting top 10 at least :heart: I love that the lyrics kinda read like she's gonna kill the dude in verse 2.

• ATRL Moderator

I guess @madonnas is still screaming into a pillow somewhere!

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Waiting for @madonnas to see that "Oxytocin" is out so that we can give him space for his grief.

IM SO UPSET !!this is easily the best thing Billie has ever done or will ever do 

• ATRL Moderator

6Co12kw.png

BILLIE BOSSA NOVA

Average score: 8.28

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @ultraviolence.xx@Lucas32, @Ace Reject@creativity., @Norte)

Low score: 5 (@Saddy)

Voters were really feeling the new, sexual Billie Eilish on Happier Than Ever, also elevating this oozingly sultry take on the classic Brazilian samba beat. “Billie Bossa Nova” imagines a secret rendezvous at a hotel, with fake names, Billie catching feelings and perhaps an erotic home movie to be made.

Best bit: “A lot can change in twenty seconds/A lot can happen in the dark”

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, supaspaz said:

I guess @madonnas is still screaming into a pillow somewhere!

I’m actually at Trader Joe’s right now for shopping therapy. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Glad to see Oxytocin getting top 10 at least :heart: I love that the lyrics kinda read like she's gonna kill the dude in verse 2.

Oh, she's absolutely going to chew up that dude and spit him out. It's fabulous.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, madonnas said:

I’m actually at Trader Joe’s right now for shopping therapy. 

Get some of those delicious peanut butter pretzels. You'll feel much better.

• ATRL Moderator

Someone is not making the top five...

• ATRL Moderator

I guess good 4 u will he going.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.