Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Mpox (Monkeypox) thread - 1st case outside Africa

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Views 115.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Genius1111
    Genius1111

    The pictures are not pretty, so I've put the tweet in spoiler mode.   Note that the current outbreak is of a different clade.       WHO declares mpox a global public heal

  • Genius1111
    Genius1111

    Why mpox is a global health emergency — again (sciencenews.org)         WHO is asking for $15 million from the global health agency's emergency fund to pay for increased

  • Vermillion
    Vermillion

    If you're MSM and haven't had both shots I would honestly just lie about your sexual history to get both Jynneos shots before there's new strains of this that reach the other continents then there's i

Culturally and politically the transition of monkeypox to the general populous will pour an extra ton of gasoline on a raging bonfire. 

 

The rest of the year will be brutal. Good luck getting appointments and make sure your docs aren't bigoted or clueless. 

 

With Covid's BA5 variant shots not available in rich countries until November either, whew. Chile.

Again a reminder that this thing is airborne as well, but the primary driver is sex between MSM.

 

 

I am not promiscuous like at all but I go out a lot so I just signed up for a vaccine interest form here in Arizona. 

32 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Welp. Looks like we were just a few days early on the sticky :coffee2: 

 

 

Finally! I really want a vaccine in the UK, i'm terrified of scarring if I get this and I saw a tiktok of a guy explaining the massive pain he had while being in the thick of it, really want to avoid this!

11 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

There's no death report so far, right? :celestial5:

5 deaths, but all in Africa

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Finally! I really want a vaccine in the UK, i'm terrified of scarring if I get this and I saw a tiktok of a guy explaining the massive pain he had while being in the thick of it, really want to avoid this!

I won't post it again as I don't have the energy to find it again, but the medical documents with the pictures (specifically regarding MSM) are a few pages earlier on this thread, if you want the nitty gritty.

 

The account from the patient who was in excruciating pain for a couple of weeks who the hospital didn't help adequately either (though not verified) from Reddit was also posted earlier - not sure if that's what you're referring to. 

 

I think it's important to identify even though its gross and scary - they're on Twitter too but be careful to get them from verified accounts. 

:deadbanana:

I guess Vegas had vaccine appointments available yesterday and they weren’t advertised to any gay men I know and obviously got snatched up :mad:

 

guess will have to try again whenever that happens :rip:

 

 

this **** is airborne too?!! :deadbanana4:  going back to wearing gloves and potentially a mask at work again and while going out 

35 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

this **** is airborne too?!! :deadbanana4:  going back to wearing gloves and potentially a mask at work again and while going out 

Just to be clear as I'm seeing back-and-forth on Twitter over this, there IS evidence monkeypox CAN be aerosolized and NOT just droplets.

 

The CDC is denying this for now for what I believe are political reasons on poor funding and preparation and to tamp down fear.

 

 

 

To rephrase a few comments on Reddit over the past few weeks...

 

Imagine if the MPX virus stays on surfaces for fairly long periods time. By "surfaces", they are referring to the toilet seat covers, hotel bedrooms, theme park rides, the containers that contain your take-out food etc. Well, good luck to places that rely heavily on tourist dollars, and especially governments don't have enough money to give out to businesses after 2.5 years of COVID.

 

 

20 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

To rephrase a few comments on Reddit over the past few weeks...

 

Imagine if the MPX virus stays on surfaces for fairly long periods time. By "surfaces", they are referring to the toilet seat covers, hotel bedrooms, theme park rides, the containers that contain your take-out food etc. Well, good luck to places that rely heavily on tourist dollars, and especially governments don't have enough money to give out to businesses after 2.5 years of COVID.

Combine that with the inevitable launch of monkeypox in schools this fall :ace: 

 

We really are compounding one pandemic on top of another :ace: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.