Golden Hit: Season 1 πŸ“€ Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! πŸ†πŸ†

fountain

• ATRL Moderator

I wonder how old some of the newer ATRLers are. Honestly, it's quite sad to see some decades old battles still going on. Sure, a nice little banter is always welcomed but sometimes this is too much, and indeed especially with chart positions/success. Why is that so important? As long as your fave is still releasing music, you should be fine.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I wonder how old some of the newer ATRLers are. Honestly, it's quite sad to see some decades old battles still going on. Sure, a nice little banter is always welcomed but sometimes this is too much, and indeed especially with chart positions/success. Why is that so important? As long as your fave is still releasing music, you should be fine.

So true. I don’t use Twitter either but the impression I get is that this stuff is rampant there too… like get a hobby girls, join Golden Hit and pick up a pen tbh, a much better use of timeΒ :gaygacat7:

ATRL / stan twitter has always been so obsessed with arguing about success / iconography / etc and it’s so dumb. But I can’t imagine what this place would look like without it… Like just a bunch of people arguing over which verse is better written, which chorus is catchier, which era had more consistent imagery?

Β 

I think ATRL’s obsession with commercial success and β€œiconicness” is a big reason why LGBT artists tend to get so little attention around here, too. Plenty of them are making great music, but they don’t have chart peaks or cultural impact to argue over so ATRL just doesn’t care about them. It makes me sad.Β 

3 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

ATRL / stan twitter has always been so obsessed with arguing about success / iconography / etc and it’s so dumb. But I can’t imagine what this place would look like without it… Like just a bunch of people arguing over which verse is better written, which chorus is catchier, which era had more consistent imagery?

Β 

I think ATRL’s obsession with commercial success and β€œiconicness” is a big reason why LGBT artists tend to get so little attention around here, too. Plenty of them are making great music, but they don’t have chart peaks or cultural impact to argue over so ATRL just doesn’t care about them. It makes me sad.Β 

And then even when we do have queer artists having impact like that, such as Lil Nas X, they still get hated on here for the dumbest and most absurd reasons :rip:Β like there’s no winning. Some people will just never be happy and it’s super toxic.Β 

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Just under two days remain on the countdown clock for Round 4'sΒ Queer PrideΒ challenge. Make yourselves proud!

If you'veΒ only just discovered Golden Hit orΒ simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still openβ€”just submit!

Β 

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's ATW10MVTVFTV challenge with their bonus prizes: theΒ Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests forΒ embossment.

Β 

:matty:

Β 

Celebrating a third place triumph with β€œYou’ve Settled” and its overachievingΒ 9.1Β score:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Florence Welch (HBHBHB era). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a second place success with β€œThe End of the World” and its world-shatteringΒ 9.233Β score:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Silver Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Taylor Swift (Red era). :2ndplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a first place finish with β€œIl Diavolo e Dio” and its empyreanΒ 9.467Β score:

unknown.png

Here is your second Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and LÉON. :1stplace:

Β 

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hitβ€”ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers ofΒ each roundΒ will earn their ownΒ Hit TokenΒ just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes.Β :lee:

Β 

unknown.png

Pls the embossment effect makes Florence and Taylor look like they have very sinister eyes. :deadbanana2:
Β 

Β 

Love that for them. :giraffe:
Β 

Thanks Aurora :heart:

Edited by Achilles.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:32 PM, fountain said:

Another beautiful cover :clap3:Β look forward to seeing the song!

Thank you so much :jonny5:Β I managed to complete my submission a couple of days ago so I sent it in since I've been pretty busy latelyΒ :deadbanana2:

With my new job and searching for an apartment it's been a stressful one and a half weeks. I'll probably pull another R3 again and write something in the last minuteΒ :deadbanana2:

51 minutes ago, EpicSongFan said:

Thank you so much :jonny5:Β I managed to complete my submission a couple of days ago so I sent it in since I've been pretty busy latelyΒ :deadbanana2:

Yay thanks for submitting :heart:

4 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

With my new job and searching for an apartment it's been a stressful one and a half weeks. I'll probably pull another R3 again and write something in the last minuteΒ :deadbanana2:

Oop, congrats on your new job though! It’s okay if you can’t get anything in until late, understandableΒ :bird:

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Just under two days remain on the countdown clock for Round 4'sΒ Queer PrideΒ challenge. Make yourselves proud!

If you'veΒ only just discovered Golden Hit orΒ simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still openβ€”just submit!

Β 

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's ATW10MVTVFTV challenge with their bonus prizes: theΒ Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests forΒ embossment.

Β 

:matty:

Β 

Celebrating a third place triumph with β€œYou’ve Settled” and its overachievingΒ 9.1Β score:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Florence Welch (HBHBHB era). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a second place success with β€œThe End of the World” and its world-shatteringΒ 9.233Β score:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Silver Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Taylor Swift (Red era). :2ndplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a first place finish with β€œIl Diavolo e Dio” and its empyreanΒ 9.467Β score:

unknown.png

Here is your second Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and LÉON. :1stplace:

Β 

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hitβ€”ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers ofΒ each roundΒ will earn their ownΒ Hit TokenΒ just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes.Β :lee:

Β 

unknown.png

Serve after serveΒ :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, fountain said:

Oop, congrats on your new job though! It’s okay if you can’t get anything in until late, understandableΒ :bird:

Thank youu :heart:. I have a concept now so we'll see how it goesΒ :baseball:

Had a lot of concepts for this round but I ultimately decided on a song where I explain why I would quite literally rather die than date a DL man. Coming to shake the table a bit I fear.

Β 

e3626f8a3a4544c763ff442fbbe4ccb8fe17f598

Β 

Edit: Also took the judges critiques and made something more serious. Which is a bit of a given for this round but still, giving versatility.

Β 

Β 

Edited by TruGemini

28 minutes ago, TruGemini said:

Had a lot of concepts for this round but I ultimately decided on a song where I explain why I would quite literally rather die than date a DL man. Coming to shake the table a bit I fear.

Β 

Β 

Edit: Also took the judges critiques and made something more serious. Which is a bit of a given for this round but still, giving versatility.

Β 

Β 

Ooh I really like this idea :clap3:Β 

• ATRL Moderator

Just submitted. Really not sure how good or clear it is, but we'll see. I'm a weak mess right now though :weeps:Β 

Still got plenty of work to do :matty:Β Will definitely be submitting close to the deadline I fear.

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Just submitted. Really not sure how good or clear it is, but we'll see. I'm a weak mess right now though :weeps:Β 

oop sorry I resubmitted, I had some grammar mistakes. Can you please still use the old description?

27 minutes ago, Legend E said:

oop sorry I resubmitted, I had some grammar mistakes. Can you please still use the old description?

Of courseΒ :bird: thanks for submitting

43 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Still got plenty of work to do :matty:Β Will definitely be submitting close to the deadline I fear.

How dare youΒ :fish2:

Quite funny considering I’m notorious for writing all about being gay in many of my songs, but I don’t have much inspiration yet.Β 
Β 

But then, waiting until the last minute has served me well in the last 3 rounds… :celestial5:

Hey everybody! This is your 24 hour reminder for the Queer Pride challenge deadline!Β 

If you need to re-read the round prompt you can find it here:

Β 

Β 

here is the link to the submission form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gpRavmOxeNSILWCDFAglRsLjcr2-hduFe1KpWrbHqkY/edit

Β 

and a link for a countdown to the deadline:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/valentines?iso=20220609T235959&p0=179&msg=Golden+Hit+Round+4%3A+The+Queer+Pride+Challenge&font=cursive

Β 

Thank you to everybody who has already submitted, don't forget you can still use this time to make any edits or resubmissions.

For those who have missed a round, your place in the game is still open, feel free to submit!

Β 

@GentleDanceΒ @PrisonerΒ @Legend EΒ @RemmyΒ @8thPrinceΒ @Achilles.Β @β˜†lexΒ @Hanami-BlossomΒ @RobDeWittBukaterΒ  @hurricane326Β @HugΒ @ArrowsΒ @JacksonΒ @ughgabrielΒ @EuterpeΒ @TylerbvΒ @EpicSongFanΒ @luckystrikeΒ @OreGuyΒ @AugmentedΒ @boubourΒ @TruGeminiΒ @JessieΒ @Julia FoxΒ @AstroΒ @JoeAgΒ @mxtthewdelreyΒ @DatChickDoeΒ @Better MistakesΒ @Lorenzo22Β @InsanityΒ @D e v o nΒ 

@SpeezyΒ @ObsessionΒ @OverprotectedΒ @Blue.Β @Kunst

Β 

:heart:

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, fountain said:

How dare youΒ :fish2:

False alarm!!! Wrapped it up and will be ready to send soon

Β 

This song is lowkey different for me because I focused less on rhyming & catchiness and went heavy on the message, plus I imagine it as a ballad. :rainbow:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.