RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | The National Drag Convention Roast

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

I think Rihanna would be the best black celebrity to do a "Night of 1000" runway series for.  She has enough iconic fashion moments that would be safe for white queens to emulate while still giving black queens something to pull from as well.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, khalyan said:

I think Rihanna would be the best black celebrity to do a "Night of 1000" runway series for.  She has enough iconic fashion moments that would be safe for white queens to emulate while still giving black queens something to pull from as well.

Agreed. Rihanna or Beyonce. 

Interesting seeing who went home during the Madonna and Cher rusicals.

Cher Rusical

1008.jpg

Madonna Rusical

brita-as-michelle-visage-rupauls-drag-ra

9 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Idk I don't need to see Elliot with 3 K's in a Black is King inspired look or cornrows is all I'm saying. 

There is PLENTY material to use.

F8fwmQ.gif

step1.gif

DistantNewFrigatebird-size_restricted.gi

GettyImages-122716787.jpg

beyonce-met-gala-composite.jpg

28de8e09f185a752c18a515f947138ae.jpg

image.jpg

Beyonce-knowles-hot-pics-austin-powers-S

68da543649ce07dfcfa47593c16e5f5f3a80f6ff

beyonce-coachella-2018.jpg

Beyonc%C3%A9s-Dangerously-in-Love-Album.

MV5BYjJlMTY1MTctNTU2Yy00M2VlLWE5NGEtZDM1

Vivienne and Jaida are both awful and don’t deserve to be anywhere near the top 4. Jaida flat out sucks, and vivienne has an awful personality with a plastic drag persona. This season is great, but the star system sucks. 

Will they ever ******* figure out a fair way to carry out an all star season? :rip:

Yeah plenty of looks for people to pull from without being offensive. 

Telling the white girls they can't wear braids, fro's, cornrows, etc isn't unfair, if anything it is a service to the contestants by preemptively protecting any of the dumber ones from cultural appropriation complaints.

The night of 1000 JLo’s was so boring, everyone’s outfit was too identical to the real thing.

The design challenge this season where they created looks inspired by Rupaul’s iconic looks would be a much better twist for that theme.

(And yes Rih or Bey would SLAY, instead we get Dolly and that Wheel of Fortune lady :rip: ) 

48 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Idk I don't need to see Elliot with 3 K's in a Black is King inspired look or cornrows is all I'm saying. 

26 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Telling the white girls they can't wear braids, fro's, cornrows, etc isn't unfair, if anything it is a service to the contestants by preemptively protecting any of the dumber ones from cultural appropriation complaints.

Yeah and a queen with taste would know where to draw the line when taking inspiration, but even if they didn't is it really cultural appropriation or offensive if the contestants are doing it exclusively to pay homage to a person? That's one of the highest form or respect in my opinion, it's not like they're hijacking a certain hairstyle or piece of clothing for their own "performance in a bar" drag.

That being said, I can see totally see it being a controversial topic and that's probably why the show had basically no "Night of a 1000" dedicated to black artists.

Edited by Hephaestus

Monet STOMPING the ATRL votes :clap3: Monetion winning again. The haters must be a loud minority!

oie-Rrz-Sr-Ch-TWI0t.gif

I don’t think there would be a problem with a Rihanna or Beyonce runway. The white girls can easily do many looks from the two, there’s no need for blackface, or culturally appropriated hair. And both ladies have plenty of STELLAR looks that don’t involve either of those things.

I’d personally want to see a Rih runway though, not just cause she’s my fave, but also because she just has way more looks that I think would be easier to “drag-up”. JLo’s runway was okay but the looks could have been more draggy.

Also not Jinkx plummeting to the bottom of the list. Bottom 2 in 4 weeks total omg :deadbanana2:

But I mean it’s true, she STOMPS in comedy but beyond that it’s crickets. Why push Jinkx to the top 4 if Viv is slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) less good at comedy but can actually perform, make a garment, lipsync, etc. as well? 

Funny enough, Jaida is like the anti-Jinkx. Can perform very well and can sew the **** out of a garment, but it’s crickets when it comes to comedy/acting. :skull: 

2 hours ago, ucanfma said:

Are we gonna do look ratings too or did I miss something???:rip:

Chile I have grad school and two jobs so I’ve been tired but Dolly rankings should be tonight 

30 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Chile I have grad school and two jobs so I’ve been tired but Dolly rankings should be tonight 

Sorry for real, congrats for your achivements, good luck with those things:clap3:

Thank you for your work:clap3:

5 minutes ago, ucanfma said:

Sorry for real, congrats for your achivements, good luck with those things:clap3:

Thank you for your work:clap3:

It’s ok I’m trying to quit one of them so I’ve been tying up loose ends :rip:. I’ll try to be more on top of there ranks.

The good sis @TheOnlyOne sending the results from beyond the grave

giphy.webp

we love the dedication

What did she do to her beautiful face? She was gorgeous before, now it's so snatched it's giving Trinity The Tuck :mazen:

Not some stans thinking a fan minority vote means something :rip: but keep entertaining yourselves, it's a fun thing to do 

ru-pauls-drag-race-delusion.gif 

NOOOOOO not Alyssa's grandmother  :cries:

She always talked about her granny seeing everything she's on Alyssa's Secret and giving cute constructive comments about it.

She was the most supportive person in her family.... May she R.I.P. :heart:

Alyssa looks ******* stunning in that interview, is there a new season of Dancing Queen??!! They kept saying new Netflix show but it literally came out like 4 years ago lol 

5 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

:dies:

7 hours ago, Stan said:

The Gag if the Vivienne takes Jinkx's spot in the Top 4 (since theyre so similar) 

At this point, the queens deserving of a Top 4 spot are Vivienne, Trinity, Raja & Jaida, imo

Raja the insta model befor insta models, that can’t synch and looks bloated and has a messy execution of her  wardrobe every week. Over jinx? This fandom really has been conditioned huh. :ducky:

Raja her promo looks are awful. Fashion icon they said. More like grandma with a blazer from goodwill but that was originally a Mary-Kate and Ashley Walmart collection couture realness. 

@1:04 :deadbanana4:

my top 4 (no specific order) 

vivienne

jada

jinx 

Trinity (ugh sorry Monet fair is fair)

Edited by manwhore

It’s crazy y’all thought Shea wasn’t last place but okay :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.