• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

21 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Will Kelly have any promo spot lined up to promote her single? 

on her own show LOL... jk, probably the voice, if she does a NYC trip she'd likely be hitting up Today, Tonight, Late Night. My guess is these 3 will be after TKCS is done for the season in mid May + the end of the voice

Listened to the songs a couple of times today. She’s a fantastic singer and has managed to capture that, partly with these two new songs but also on her two Christmas albums and for Kellyoke. We know she’s one of the best vocally.

But there’s a bit too much going on in these two tracks. It’s not a case of overproduction a la Piece By Piece, but perhaps more a case of oversinging. I played the songs for someone who is not a KC stan, and they appreciated bits and pieces but found both songs a bit headache-y. 

The chorus on Me is more memorable and sticks quite easily. The choir is sometimes powerful and sometimes a bit old-fashioned. I think Me is a good song, but I also see myself getting tired and bored of it quite quickly. 

Mine is a bit all over the place and I’m not sure that’s a good thing. The verses are really catchy, but the chorus is shouty and creates a bit of a racket. I also have to concentrate to hear what she sings on the chorus sometimes, which is never a positive. The song has some good parts, and her lyrics are good, but not breaking any new ground in my opinion.

I’m a bit disappointed as a whole. Maybe the songs will grow on me or maybe I expected too much for a comeback. But I don’t understand why they chose to come out swinging with a song that sounds like Anytime from Thankful made love to IDY from MOL, and another song that dips in the chorus and feels a bit all over the place without a real hook. 

I love Kelly, and I appreciate her doing something different for herself and for her fans. I will keep listening and hope the songs grow on me. I’m still very excited for the album.

Bridge of Mine gives me Happier Than Ever vibes. I’m obsessed. 

Mine is amazing :clap3:Like I think somebody has said, a similar sentiment to I Hope by Gabby Barrett, and her voice right at the end is really so vulnerable, it made me really sad 

Me feels like the b-side to me, but it is a more hopeful song, self-love anthem, like Flowers

I love how bouncy her voice is on Mine's verses. Not really a way we hear her utilize her voice often. Mine stands out in a good way.

Me is kind of IDTAY but elevated with less cheesy lyrics (it still has some cheese though) and a better melody.

25 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Vote for “mine”

Yeahhhhhhhh we're not winning that poll (against the BTS Army) LOL

1 minute ago, DEGUOM said:

Yeahhhhhhhh we're not winning that poll (against the BTS Army) LOL

Lmao I looked back at their previous battles and woah the number of votes lol. 

Me - is sooooo good and the vocals....

whew I was not ready. That G#5 is INSANE omg 

Mine - definitely the perfect choice for a single it's so catchy and it's definitely nothing like she's really ever released before. It's honestly been on repeat all day :jonny:

59 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

Me - is sooooo good and the vocals....

whew I was not ready. That G#5 is INSANE omg 

Mine - definitely the perfect choice for a single it's so catchy and it's definitely nothing like she's really ever released before. It's honestly been on repeat all day :jonny:

where in the song is it, i heard a few high notes, but not an expert lol

Finally catching up on everything and “sabotage my choice of art” ICONIQUEEEEEEE 

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, Ericjtsang said:

where in the song is it, i heard a few high notes, but not an expert lol

The G#5 is very obvious in the a capella version she posted on Twitter/TikTok. I'd recommend listening to that because in the version with the backing music, the belt is layered in a way that's not as easy to pick out.

7 minutes ago, rmmas said:

spacer.png

Holy :jonny6:

Woah! Where is this available at 

8 minutes ago, rmmas said:

spacer.png

That looks beautiful 

2 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Woah! Where is this available at 

Her webstore, search chemistry and it shows up.

12 minutes ago, rmmas said:

spacer.png

TAKE MY MONEYYYYY QUEEEEN

44 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Finally catching up on everything and “sabotage my choice of art” ICONIQUEEEEEEE 

your*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.