Kesha

TomTom

7 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Love the conviction to the material, but I do wonder about the release date and if the label is still interfering. Especially with “order may change” comment.

Also realizing it’s been nearly 3 years since HR ?

I just don't she's done to be honest. High Road was rush released, and I don't mind her taking her time to make sure it's exactly how she wants. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• SmittenCake

• CroNich

2 hours ago, austinsuxx said:

High Road was rush released

Only because she scrapped everything twice.

Reminder that the second pre-trial conference in Gottwald v. Sebert will be live streamed publicly on October 7 at 11 AM EST.

Link (US VPN needed if you're not in the US):  https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=PKtL/P1sUIoZXNtEYarznw==

Background materials (in case you're not completely up-to-date):

On 10/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, gettsleazy said:

Also realizing it’s been nearly 3 years since HR ?

Wtf... I've been singing K-E-S-H-A I can S-P-ell my name oy vey o-kay! Hope y'all have a blessed day~ so pretentious I'm so damn pretentious for nearly 3 years? Stfu no I haven't. :skull:

Pharaoh has been banned for 3 years, too??? Wtf. What an injustice that shitshow was.

oh my God my AC:NH island's visitor messages were full of HR lyrics and it's been NEARLY 3 YEARS??? It literally feels like yesterday :deadbanana2:

Edited by HEIDI

On 10/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, HEIDI said:

Pharaoh has been banned for 3 years, too??? Wtf. What an injustice that shitshow was.

oh my God my AC:NH island's visitor messages were full of HR lyrics and it's been NEARLY 3 YEARS??? It literally feels like yesterday :deadbanana2:

Blame the K*m stans. They got him banned on some fake “transphobia” charge, nabbed him a ZTP and the staff didn’t let him appeal. 

and ikr it feels like just yesterday. I can taste the shitshow that release was so fresh

Edited by gettsleazy

On 10/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, TomTom2288 said:

Reminder that the second pre-trial conference in Gottwald v. Sebert will be live streamed publicly on October 7 at 11 AM EST.

Here's the summary and updated motion overview of the conference which of course only includes the gist and not the numerous limitations and caveats to each decision that will be clear once the transcript of the conference is available.

Summary:

• The judge decided 9 out of the remaining 11 motions in limine.
  • There will be a third pre-trial conference on March 1, 2023 (Kesha's birthday) where the remaining two motions in limine by Dr. Luke will be decided (no. #66 and #67).
  • The judge granted Kesha's request to adjourn the February 2023 jury trial date pending a decision on her two outstanding appeals at New York's highest court.
  • She did not set a new trial date yet, but proposed either June 26, 2023 (Kesha previously suggested June 19) or July 17, 2023 as new trial start dates.
  • Kesha and Dr. Luke shall confer and agree on a new trial date by November 4, 2022.

Motions:

• Overall, this conference was a pretty mixed bag for both sides and there isn't really a clear winner.
  • Both sides won, lost and partially won motions; lawyers for both sides repeatedly disagreed with specific decisions and it seems like no side was fully satisfied
  • The biggest loss for Kesha is undoubtedly that Luke won motion no. #75 to exclude the DAS documents...this decision combined with the Manatt Notes decision from last conference really seems to be a massive blow in my opinion.
  • Apart from that, there wasn't anything very shocking...except that I personally thought Luke would win less aspects of motion no. #65.
  • Kesha's 10 motions in limine have now all been decided: she won 4, won 3 in part and lost 3...a pretty mixed bag.

UPDATE:

The written decision is out and the judge also directed both sides to submit a status letter on February 8, 2023 before the third pre-trial conference (in addition to what I outlined above).

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=SvwBuhFdEmLWfcgaD3D/jQ==

Edited by TomTom2288

Do you think Pukes recent success with Doja and Latto and stuff would damage his argument that kesha defamed him? Like his bank account at the moment would speak for itself surely…. He would still be making bank while Kesha probably isn’t raking in much at all at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Do you think Pukes recent success with Doja and Latto and stuff would damage his argument that kesha defamed him? Like his bank account at the moment would speak for itself surely…. He would still be making bank while Kesha probably isn’t raking in much at all at the moment. 

Discovery is closed since 2018, so post-2018 evidence is not going to be admitted.

The damages model from Dr. Luke‘s damages expert Arthur Erk and the rebuttal report from Kesha‘s expert Louis Dudney are from 2018 too and their trial testimony will be based on their reports, so I don’t think that Doja Cat or Latto will come into play at all.

With respect to his finances, that was one of the motions that was decided today. Luke wanted to exclude all evidence related to the financial disparity between him and Kesha. The judge didn’t allow that, but she admitted financial evidence only to the extent it arose in the context of the relationship between Luke and Kesha, not generally or in other contexts (including other artists).

Where is the album?!

Also why the **** was Big Bad Wolf released as a japanese bonus track. Truly awful track :deadbanana:

On 10/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, TomTom2288 said:

Discovery is closed since 2018, so post-2018 evidence is not going to be admitted.

The damages model from Dr. Luke‘s damages expert Arthur Erk and the rebuttal report from Kesha‘s expert Louis Dudney are from 2018 too and their trial testimony will be based on their reports, so I don’t think that Doja Cat or Latto will come into play at all.

With respect to his finances, that was one of the motions that was decided today. Luke wanted to exclude all evidence related to the financial disparity between him and Kesha. The judge didn’t allow that, but she admitted financial evidence only to the extent it arose in the context of the relationship between Luke and Kesha, not generally or in other contexts (including other artists).

Its such a mess jesus I feel so bad her. The legal system is so backwards its ridiculous. 

And here we are in 2022 and somehow Puke and Kim and those rats seem to be winning while its nothing but more trauma for miss K. so ******* sad. 

eek im excited to be here :WAP:

On 10/2/2022 at 10:42 AM, TomTom2288 said:

Only because she scrapped everything twice.

id like to see both versions of the album immediately :cupid:

On 8/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, Julia Fox said:

I really want to make a Kesha discography rate if not anyone has did it yet… who would participate?

is it still happening?

Edited by Vixen Eyes

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Welcome @Vixen Eyes and @whereisroamer :heart2:

Congrats for finally making it on here :clap3:

yass

On 10/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, TomTom2288 said:

This is sooooo ass backwards but wbk when it comes to this trial. I really had hope that they would try to settle in 2020/2021 when the Doja article came out, things began turning in her favor, and public pushback was growing again, but now I'm more hopeless than ever. 

36 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

This is sooooo ass backwards but wbk when it comes to this trial. I really had hope that they would try to settle in 2020/2021 when the Doja article came out, things began turning in her favor, and public pushback was growing again, but now I'm more hopeless than ever. 

We need Kesha to win both of her pending appeals at New York's highest court, that would be fatal to Luke and cushion the effects of the recent motion in limine decisions.

10 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

We need Kesha to win both of her pending appeals at New York's highest court, that would be fatal to Luke and cushion the effects of the recent motion in limine decisions.

Is that the one Sen. Holyman is arguing in favor of, publicly? 

7 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Is that the one Sen. Holyman is arguing in favor of, publicly? 

That's the second appeal about whether New York's amended anti-SLAPP statute is retroactive. We definitely need that so that Kesha can get damages and fees if she wins and the discovery into Luke's PR strategy that she requested.

But the first appeal regarding whether her allegations in official court documents are non-actionable for defamation because of litigation privileges is even more important. This is the one with the amicus brief from the National Women's Law Center and 35 other organizations in support of Kesha.

The only way to knock Luke out is if Kesha wins both of these appeals, one alone won't do it. She needs to win the first appeal so that his case largely vanishes (except for the Pebe e-mails and tweets, Timberline Knolls fan letters, KeshaToday tweets and Sunshine Sachs e-mails) and the second one to increase his liability for pursuing this case.

If she won the first appeal and all of her allegations in official court documents became non-actionable, then that would basically nullify the impact of the preclusion of the Manatt Notes and DAS documents since the non-privileged documents that would remain contain only vague allusions towards what happened or aren't from Kesha herself.

I think kesha absolutely intended to have a new album come out this year. She seemed very confident/excited in that clip where she got asked about it months ago. I imagine it’s label interference but hope it doesn’t get scrapped.

did she hype up High Road like this….. I hope she can get a Grammy this time around (but probably not since they base it on commercial success and not quality)

22 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I think kesha absolutely intended to have a new album come out this year. She seemed very confident/excited in that clip where she got asked about it months ago. I imagine it’s label interference but hope it doesn’t get scrapped.

It's so weird how both her and Pebe kept teasing this album over and over again, yet there's still no sight of it anywhere :skull:.

23 minutes ago, CroNich said:

did she hype up High Road like this

No, definitely not. She only teased High Road on Instagram a bit with cryptic pictures a few months before Raising Hell was released that's it. This album is being teased much more intensively and since February 2021 already.

40 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It's so weird how both her and Pebe kept teasing this album over and over again, yet there's still no sight of it anywhere :skull:.

No, definitely not. She only teased High Road on Instagram a bit with cryptic pictures a few months before Raising Hell was released that's it. This album is being teased much more intensively and since February 2021 already.

Yeah it seems like she’s about as excited for this album as she was for rainbow so I’m sure we’re in for a treat.

Do you think the trial is affecting the release schedule at all? Also do we have a list of producers she’s worked with over the last two years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.