Kesha

TomTom

23 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Luke did sue her at first for her non-rape-related allegations too, but he is not actively prosecuting these allegations anymore since 2018.

Probably because many people he’s worked with came out and corroborated Kesha’s allegations that he’s a **** person to work with. He’d have to be crazy to try the other lawsuits in court, but maybe he will if this one doesn’t go his way.

It sucks to think that the SA allegation is the only claim of hers that hasn’t been widely corroborated by her peers. It frustrates me that others in the industry were willing to call him abusive/manipulative/sociopathic without connecting the dots that those personality traits are tells of someone who’s comfortable abusing a young woman, let alone a rapist.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• SmittenCake

• CroNich

54 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Probably because many people he’s worked with came out and corroborated Kesha’s allegations that he’s a **** person to work with. He’d have to be crazy to try the other lawsuits in court, but maybe he will if this one doesn’t go his way.

Exactly!

54 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

It sucks to think that the SA allegation is the only claim of hers that hasn’t been widely corroborated by her peers. It frustrates me that others in the industry were willing to call him abusive/manipulative/sociopathic without connecting the dots that those personality traits are tells of someone who’s comfortable abusing a young woman, let alone a rapist.

I do think the P!nk's, Kelly Clarkson's, Becky G's, etc. all connected those dots in private, just the GP at large unfortunately did not.

Sexual violence is first and foremost about control of the victim and taking advantage of the control you have over someone else, so it's not surprising he crossed the most boundaries with the person he controlled the most and more than any other artist he ever worked with, i.e. Kesha.

OT: we love law Twitter casually talking about the case :clap3:

Edited by TomTom2288

Sorry not legal related but I don’t understand why Kesha’s team still seems to be sticking to the same formula with her album releases, being: 1) waiting for the whole album to be finalised before releasing anything 2) only releasing one official single before the album drops 3) no stand alone singles/big collabs between eras to build hype. They’ve been doing this since Animal was released 12 years ago, which worked way better back then before streaming. I feel like her and her team have struggled to adapt to the streaming era and do think it’s hurt her success/longevity.

15 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Sorry not legal related but I don’t understand why Kesha’s team still seems to be sticking to the same formula with her album releases, being: 1) waiting for the whole album to be finalised before releasing anything 2) only releasing one official single before the album drops 3) no stand alone singles/big collabs between eras to build hype. They’ve been doing this since Animal was released 12 years ago, which worked way better back then before streaming. I feel like her and her team have struggled to adapt to the streaming era and do think it’s hurt her success/longevity.

It's not her team, it's RCA. There is a reason why every big female artist is leaving them: Kelly Clarkson, Miley, Avril, etc. They are struggling a lot due to their outdated strategies and everyone knows it.

Also, Kesha has had the same management since 2009, so it's not surprising nothing has changed in that regard.

With respect to the collabs, we have talked about this before and it looks like she just isn't interested in it for some inexplicable reason. I don't know why, but she seems to love releasing collabs with niche artists from her inner circle less famous than her instead of collabs with bigger artists to get hits.

It's also quite obvious she likes to maintain a profile that is way lower than what she could potentially have for some reason. The questionable promotional strategies go hand in hand with her lack of public appearances, social media engagement, mysterious private life, etc.

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It's not her team, it's RCA. There is a reason why every big female artist is leaving them: Kelly Clarkson, Miley, Avril, etc. They are struggling a lot due to their outdated strategies and everyone knows it.

Also, Kesha has had the same management since 2009, so it's not surprising nothing has changed in that regard.

With respect to the collabs, we have talked about this before and it looks like she just isn't interested in it for some inexplicable reason. I don't know why, but she seems to love releasing collabs with niche artists from her inner circle less famous than her instead of collabs with bigger artists to get hits.

It's also quite obvious she likes to maintain a profile that is way lower than what she could potentially have for some reason. The questionable promotional strategies go hand in hand with her lack of public appearances, social media engagement, mysterious private life, etc.

True, I never understand the decisions some of these record labels make. Like it genuinely feels like they go out of their way to hurt any chance of their artists having success.

And yeah I guess it boils down to Kesha probably not even wanting to be a huge name anymore. The media/public were so cruel to her when she was at her peak, I could understand why she would feel much safer further away from the public eye. I also think since all the legal stuff it’s probably been easier to lock herself away and hide as much as possible to avoid inevitably saying something that would hurt her case against Luke. Unfortunately that has resulted in a huge disconnect from her fans, who she use to be way more involved with.

It just sucks as a longtime stan, because her talents are still so undervalued and she is one of the most down to earth, kindest, unproblematic celebrities out there and she’s never really gotten her flowers for it. The most important thing though is her safety and happiness, whatever that takes.

Good thing I stopped caring about the charts a long time ago at least. 

7 minutes ago, CroNich said:

And yeah I guess it boils down to Kesha probably not even wanting to be a huge name anymore. The media/public were so cruel to her when she was at her peak, I could understand why she would feel much safer further away from the public eye. I also think since all the legal stuff it’s probably been easier to lock herself away and hide as much as possible to avoid inevitably saying something that would hurt her case against Luke. Unfortunately that has resulted in a huge disconnect from her fans, who she use to be way more involved with.

It just sucks as a longtime stan, because her talents are still so undervalued and she is one of the most down to earth, kindest, unproblematic celebrities out there and she’s never really gotten her flowers for it. The most important thing though is her safety and happiness, whatever that takes.

Exactly, you nailed it! It's definitely the reason for why she is so picky nowadays with respect to which people she works with, which events she attends, which side projects she does and so on. I think she hardly trusts anyone anymore and that is the reason why she keeps working with largely the same people and always sticks to the same kind of management, advisers, etc.

This is why it's so important she can finally KICK Luke's ass once and for all this year so that we can get back a piece of the Kesha we all love and that is being kept hostage to an extent at the moment.

Edited by TomTom2288

21 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Isn't P!nk on RCA tho? Her career has been stable since 2006.:gaycat7:

6 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

Isn't P!nk on RCA tho? Her career has been stable since 2006.:gaycat7:

Yeah, but that's pretty much the only exception. 

It makes sense for P!nk because her brand is very different from someone like Kesha or Miley who have younger fanbases and less of a loyal audience like P!nk has with the Hot AC demographic and that is precisely what RCA is struggling to market.

8 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

It makes sense for P!nk because her brand is very different from someone like Kesha or Miley who have younger fanbases and less of a loyal audience like P!nk has with the Hot AC demographic and that is precisely what RCA is struggling to market.

My theory is that P!nk has made a career out of making safe, easily digestible pop music that Hot AC will never hesitate to pick up. She's been putting out the same type of material since Funhouse. And it's not even pop-rock. Her singles are played on the same loop as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons.:soda:

On top of that, she (along with Adele) seemed to have cornered the market on the soccer mom demographic.

I don't think Kesha, Miley, or Avril have any desire to go in that direction.

And I'm saying these things as a P!nk stan.:snowman:

3 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

My theory is that P!nk has made a career out of making safe, easily digestible pop music that Hot AC will never hesitate to pick up. She's been putting out the same type of material since Funhouse. And it's not even pop-rock. Her singles are played on the same loop as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons.:soda:

On top of that, she (along with Adele) seemed to have cornered the market on the soccer mom demographic.

I don't think Kesha, Miley, or Avril have any desire to go in that direction.

And I'm saying these things as a P!nk stan.:snowman:

This tea :clap3:

Exactly what I've been thinking about P!nk. She has literally been releasing the same song over and over again for one decade. Loved her music up until 2010 approximately, but everything that came afterwards is just not good :rip:.

She's so talented and yet keeps making the most generic music nowadays, such a waste.

Kesha was actually going in that direction with Praying and then Good Old Days (which ended up at #6 on the Hot AC year-end chart in 2018) in an actually good way musically, but then Raising Hell happened :rip:.

New CBS profile about Ricky Rubin with new Kesha music being teased at 10:59-12:10 and it's she first thing she teased about K5 almost two years ago :jonny5:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/30nkWnfRzX3NaRVAwKc0s3YPQI4JLI0w/

NOcLUp6.png

OT: Not her STILL recording music :rip:

b7zS6RM.png

Edited by TomTom2288

21 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

New CBS profile about Ricky Rubin with new Kesha music being teased at 10:59-12:10 and it's she first thing she teased about K5 almost two years ago :jonny5:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/30nkWnfRzX3NaRVAwKc0s3YPQI4JLI0w/

NOcLUp6.png

OT: Not her STILL recording music :rip:

b7zS6RM.png

Okay this is sounding bigger, bolder and crisper than anything we’ve heard so far. I’m perched :duca:

On 1/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, TomTom2288 said:

Not her STILL recording music :rip:

b7zS6RM.png

hopefully she's just re-taking some vocals that need improving :jonny5:

It sounds very promising!!! Not quite understanding the High Road comparisons in the main thread :sick:

3 minutes ago, CroNich said:

It sounds very promising!!! Not quite understanding the High Road comparisons in the main thread :sick:

Me neither!

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Me neither!

And the fact that we were potentially getting Every Heartbeat 2.0 as the lead at one point, I think we should all be letting out a sigh of relief.

2 hours ago, collin said:

I am fully following the High Road comparisons. It sounds like a more spiritual Tonight.

Are we listening to different songs here? The only thing that is similar is the structure of a big chorus into a big more electronic drop... musically they sound nothing alike...

I feel like some of y'all are hoping for another lead like Praying, obviously that doesn't look like its happening but lets not **** on a song we've heard less than a minute of in LQ :gaycat7:

Edited by CroNich

I’m reading classictrl and I forgot all about that 3 year spell of Kesha making appearances exclusively at LAX :heart2::rip: when we use to say she had a LAX residency and was performing in the airport lounge ff carbon footprint queen

can you imagine :deadbanana:

@TomTom2288 do you know if Kesha will be able to speak publicly once the trial is over? Or will she never really have the freedom to speak freely over what happened?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.