Billie Eilish

wish

Your Power :heart2: a massive grower. I low key thought it was snoozy at first listen, but when it CLICKED it CLICKED

Now it's probably one of my fave songs by her. Deserved 1B for sure

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Billionaire

• Jonasl91

• idleavealone

• wish

On 4/29/2022 at 1:09 AM, Jenni said:

Yeah, if you read the interview that she and her managers did for billboard recently, you'll know they do give her full control over her work, which is a good thing tbh. The problem is that she doesn't seem to know what is the purpose of a single, so she keeps making bad choices. She knows she's an album artist, so I really don't know why she thinks releasing a bunch of singles before the album is a good idea. Maybe she does that because she's a visual artist and wants to make as many videos as possible, but idk, like, I know she doesn't care about charts but you can be an alternative artist and still make good singles choices.

!! She really should have just released HTE in full, with TIA being the only pre-release single. The title track would have blown UP with a top 5 debut & wouldn't have floundered on radio

Billie could easily be the type of artist who gets a ton of GP respect, critical acclaim and hype for her full albums w/o the need for hit pop singles. She should just skip the singles & pop girl era tactics next time and focus on building hype for her albums.

21 hours ago, Billionaire said:

She did admit in an interview that she has no idea what the GP would like nnn I truly don't think she or Interscope cares about a quick lil hit as long as she's still making bank with pure sales & touring. Even if the GP rejects her she still has a pretty loyal base. I think by the end of it all she'll probably be a slightly bigger Lana which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Not the Lana comparison :dancehall2: She's wayyy bigger than her but yeah ia

16 hours ago, BloodLuster said:

guess I’m the only one who liked the selection of singles; she presented an artistic project instead of a commercially driven era :clap3:

She picked great songs but the issue is the way they were managed - Interscope treated them as full pop singles which hurt her commercially & killed a lot of her hype/buzz. The fact that she sent a 4 minute jazz ballad to pop radio :dies: also the Lost Cause video is forever a branding disaster

Edited by Perfect Crime

2 hours ago, Perfect Crime said:

!! She really should have just released HTE in full, with TIA being the only pre-release single. The title track would have blown UP with a top 5 debut & wouldn't have floundered on radio

Billie could easily be the type of artist who gets a ton of GP respect, critical acclaim and hype for her full albums w/o the need for hit pop singles. She should just skip the singles & pop girl era tactics next time and focus on building hype for her albums.

Not the Lana comparison :dancehall2: She's wayyy bigger than her but yeah ia

She picked great songs but the issue is the way they were managed - Interscope treated them as full pop singles which hurt her commercially & killed a lot of her hype/buzz. The fact that she sent a 5 minute jazz ballad to pop radio :dies: also the Lost Cause video is forever a branding disaster

your sig :deadbanana2:

I agree though I feel like HTE would've done alot better if it had only 1 single prior to release. Even a surprise release would've been more ideal. 

Edited by Billionaire

sigh i remember the hype Billie had when she announced the album... :toofunny3:

Yes one year since the legendary Your Power :clap3:Such a phenomenal song and I just had such strong confidence that a phenomenal album would follow.

How come no one told me True Blue leaked in full

She's not seeing heaven for not releasing this

163690810_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.g

The way we were told she'd perform an unreleased song on her Coachella setlist only for it to be a LIE

Edited by Billionaire

14 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

never doubt my girl's longevity :celestial2:

Says a lot about her standards lmao

#14 - Happier Than Ever (38 weeks) FLOP ERA
------
#30 - = (25 weeks)
#31 - Dawn FM (15 weeks)
#40 - Montero (31 weeks)
#47 - 30 (22 weeks)
#64 - An Evening With Silk Sonic (23 weeks)
#69 - Donda (34 weeks)
N/A - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power
N/A - Solar Power

N/A - Blue Banisters

25 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

never doubt my girl's longevity :celestial2:

thread it likeee

3 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

------
#30 - = (25 weeks)
#31 - Dawn FM (15 weeks)
#40 - Montero (31 weeks)
#47 - 30 (22 weeks)
#69 - Donda (34 weeks)
N/A - Solar Power

N/A - Blue Banisters

Her longevity is insane 

16 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

------
#30 - = (25 weeks)
#31 - Dawn FM (15 weeks)
#40 - Montero (31 weeks)
#47 - 30 (22 weeks)
#69 - Donda (34 weeks)
N/A - Solar Power

N/A - Blue Banisters

the way we tried telling everyone she was a longevity girl  :deadbanana4:

time the ultimate truth teller 

Edited by Billionaire

#that user's obsession with billie is genuinely concerning. a literal mental health crisis. 

1 hour ago, On The Bound said:

#that user's obsession with billie is genuinely concerning. a literal mental health crisis. 

i seriously think they have some issues because there's just no way someone could be so obsessed with an artist they supposedly hate :rip: but the fact that EVERY SINGLE thread they make about Billie blows right back in their face is genuinely hilarious :ahh:

1 hour ago, On The Bound said:

pretty sure he's joking but yeah....

90% of his posts are about billie it's getting weird

he didn't learn from the ban it seems

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Edited by Billionaire

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

pretty sure he's joking but yeah....

90% of his posts are about billie it's getting weird

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

they have waaaay too much time on their hands and need to go outside IMMEDIATELY :rip:

oh she looks gorgeous

this long hair looks great on her 

we can kiss that met appearance goodbye

so no met gala appearance :chick3: her look was gorgeous last year but I'm not sure how she would've executed the theme this year so maybe it's a good thing she's not going 

people do entirely too much on her most of the time when she's arguably the only big artist of her generation that's actually an artist in the way older pop girls were. she produces bodies of work and inspired another generation of singers. there's a reason there are tons of billie clones nowadays. people downplay her cultural impact because they either don't like her/want to see her fail or want to uplift other girls instead. they can't deny her longevity and impact though, time is the ultimate truth teller! :coffee2:

50 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

so no met gala appearance :chick3: her look was gorgeous last year but I'm not sure how she would've executed the theme this year so maybe it's a good thing she's not going 

why are you so sure she isn't going :chick3:

Wait why do we think she's not going to Met Gala? :cries: did i miss something

9 minutes ago, Perfect Crime said:

Wait why do we think she's not going to Met Gala? :cries: did i miss something

It's just speculation but apparently dress rehearsals were on Thursday & instead of being in NYC she was answering questions on IG in her mom's backyard :skull:

And last night she was in LA at a concert when she should be on her way to NYC :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.