Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lucas32's 2017 / Finished

Featured Replies

  • Replies 168
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reminding me to listen to Hiss Spun :skull:

Melodrama and Utopia :alexz:

Julien's album lowkey bored me to death :emofish:

  • Author
On 29.12.2017 at 11:37 PM, Price of Fame said:

Hiss Spun is a CHOICE, but I like it

 

19 hours ago, rihannafan said:

ugh LOVE chelsea’s album. One of the very few good albums of the year for me (which is why i refrained from makinh a list)

 

17 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Turn Out the Lights was kinda cute

Flutopia :clap3: 

Melodrama :alexz: LOVE your write up on it

 

4 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

A deserved #1 :clap3:  This countdown was pleasant.

:alexz: 

1 hour ago, AlexisNeiers said:

Thanks for reminding me to listen to Hiss Spun :skull:

Melodrama and Utopia :alexz:

Julien's album lowkey bored me to death :emofish:

You need to be in the right headspace for Turn out the lights I think.

 

20 hours ago, jose168 said:

Think ive said this already but i literally cant Mount Eerie without crying. too much. 

yes arca and l4l! 

Melodrama :jonny: so fantastic, lorde is such an original.

Metal you say :gaycat1:I shall listen to your #1

I think you'll like Hiss Spun tbh.

 

19 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

I've been trying to avoid Metal this year but since I've seen so many people praising this album I have to give it a listen :jonny5:

I also haven't (properly) heard your #2 pick so I'll have to bookmark that.

Loving the rest! Melodrama and Utopia are surprisingly super high on your list, I honestly didn't expect that. And Julien did THAT with TOTL, her vocals were stunning :alexz:

 

Overall loved your list, so much taste (as expected) :alexz:

Björk is my all time fave so of course no Top 5 would be complete without her :alexz: 

 

17 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Julien's album was cute.
Love what you said about Flutopia :jonny:

Melodrama can choke
Oh wow @ Chelsea snatching the #1 :eek: she did that. No mention of the greatest song of all time Scrape though?

I could've put basically the entire album in the favorite track section, except Vex which is dragged down by those gross vocals from Aaron Turner which nobody asked for.

 

17 hours ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

I really liked all of these :duca: Interesting track choices for some of these artists (Happy Birthday Johnny and Change are so nice even if ballads aren't my thing with female singers usually). Happy to see Brand New (who I had never heard before SF actually, but they slay) and Bully. Their brand of rock makes me feel straight and stuff :emofish: 

 

Some of the others I listened to but I don't remember in detail, like Blondie, Waxahatchee, War On Drugs, Beach House, Björk, Julien Baker, The National, Fleet Foxes & Arcade Fire. I have terrible memory, I think my list consisted of only 24 albums whose overall sound I remembered well n.

 

Why is Lorde above Lana on the albums list tho? :gaycat4: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you liked Science Fiction and haven't checked their previous stuff yet listen to The devil and god are raging inside me. Another really good album :duck: 

And obviously cause Lorde delivered the better album :duck: 

Edited by Lucas32

8 hours ago, Lucas32 said:

Björk is my all time fave so of course no Top 5 would be complete without her :alexz: 

Oh wow I didn't know :eek: :clap3:

Great top 4! I'm gonna have to revisit Chelsea. :gaycat3: 

 

Luv what you said about Melodrama.

Oops I thought I commented on this already! Very interesting top 5.Melodama is my favortei of the set for sure :clap3: I didn't spend too much time with Chelsea but I did like what I heard. Same with Utopia. The Casper album is definitely something I'll get to for sure. Overall, these were some great lists :clap3: 

  • Author
On 31.12.2017 at 8:48 AM, Vxspertine said:

Oh wow I didn't know :eek: :clap3:

What kinda of indie fan would I be if I didn't stan legend Björk? 

 

On 31.12.2017 at 0:57 PM, Dom said:

yasss at melodramaaa!! best album of 2017, slay siss!!

:clap3: 

 

22 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Great top 4! I'm gonna have to revisit Chelsea. :gaycat3: 

 

Luv what you said about Melodrama.

 

1 hour ago, Pink Matter said:

Oops I thought I commented on this already! Very interesting top 5.Melodama is my favortei of the set for sure :clap3: I didn't spend too much time with Chelsea but I did like what I heard. Same with Utopia. The Casper album is definitely something I'll get to for sure. Overall, these were some great lists :clap3: 

The acclaim for Lorde just won't stop :clap3: 

Edited by Lucas32

I never really gave Chelsea much of a chance this year but the album IS good.  Pain is Beauty is still my fave of hers. 

  • Author
18 hours ago, madonnas said:

I never really gave Chelsea much of a chance this year but the album IS good.  Pain is Beauty is still my fave of hers. 

Pain is beauty was also my favorite of hers til Hiss Spun.

We hit a wall + Ferral Love + Kings are my favorites from it.

19 hours ago, Lucas32 said:

What kinda of indie fan would I be if I didn't stan legend Björk? 

True :fan: I didn't think you were the "Pork is pretentious" type of indie fan or the "After Homogenic she stopped making good music" type of indie fan :dies:

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Vxspertine said:

True :fan: I didn't think you were the "Pork is pretentious" type of indie fan or the "After Homogenic she stopped making good music" type of indie fan :dies:

Like she could ever make bad music :'(

Drawing restraint 9 doesn't count

5 minutes ago, Lucas32 said:

Like she could ever make bad music :'(

Drawing restraint 9 doesn't count

And even DR9 has bops

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Vxspertine said:

And even DR9 has bops

but only really really really really low-key

bjork22a.thumb.png.409bdfd795576fccc30ea

Fleet Foxes, Slowdive, King Gizzard (a pity Polygondwanaland is not on the list), Priests and The War On Drugs are my faves. Solid albums list.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Fleet Foxes, Slowdive, King Gizzard (a pity Polygondwanaland is not on the list), Priests and The War On Drugs are my faves. Solid albums list.

I enjoyed Polygondwanaland as well but it didn't quite make my list. With 5 albums a year it's hard to not leave something out.

Chelsea #1!!!! :jonny: it's so unexpected I guess lol but she really deserves that! it's an excellent record

  • ATRL Moderator

I was gonna compliment your "key track" choices for Melodrama.... but then I remembered every single song is a key track :cm:

  • Author
6 hours ago, TRF. said:

Chelsea #1!!!! :jonny: it's so unexpected I guess lol but she really deserves that! it's an excellent record

Yeah, it was unexpected for me as well. But what better thing than a #1 album you didn't see coming? :cm: 

 

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I was gonna compliment your "key track" choices for Melodrama.... but then I remembered every single song is a key track :cm:

True, it was hard to limit them. They're all so well put together and excellent. Not a single bad songs on the album.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.