Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beth Speaks out on Perimenopause

Featured Replies

Quote

 

The average age most women experience menopause is 51. But perimenopause which involves menopause-like symptoms such as hot flashes, sleep issues, and menstrual irregularity is less discussed. Most women notice these changes in their 40s, but some can begin experiencing symptoms as early as their mid-30s. 

 

Actor Beth Behrs began experiencing perimenopausal symptoms around the age of 35. As such, she wanted to speak openly about her past anxiety-ridden few years going through this alone.

"I'm about to be 40 on December 26, and I'm in perimenopause. It's been a three-year journey trying to figure out what was going on with me and not getting answers. But nobody's first thought is perimenopause when you're this young. I would go see doctors, get ultrasounds, and was always told, "You're fine." Or, specifically from male doctors, "You're too young for perimenopause."

 

But I knew something wasn't right. And now I know that, no, your late 30s is not "too young." My periods had been so incredibly heavy as a young girl that I was missing my AP tests. I always had really intense cycles. Then, when I was 35, I froze my eggs because I learned I had an extremely low ovarian reserve. And there's not enough research on this, but I learned that sometimes fertility treatments can exacerbate perimenopause. It wasn't a great feeling of joy to find out my symptoms were related to perimenopause, but it was a relief that it wasn't something more serious. And comforting to finally have answers. I went back on estrogen. I went back on the pill. My periods became so much less heavy. The fatigue was so much better. I still get hot flashes or brain fog occasionally, but at least I know why.

source: https://www.glamour.com/story/beth-behrs-im-in-my-late-30s-and-in-perimenopause-heres-what-i-wish-i-knew

Beth-Behrs.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b70714f167ca20d0ee69b64f222ec344ba920d1256a5afb6dbd21ba8e16fa4bc

 

  • Author

She also made this poetic video on the subject but for some reason it doesn't allow me to embed it in the OP. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.