• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

I love Lady Gaga, but this album is skip after skip. I hate this style of music. Shame she wasted these amazing vocals on this.

oh well. Looking forward to her next album :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Gave a listen to some songs again and Close To You (I know and "like" the original) and Happy Mistakes clicked for me. The Joker is also great. However the replay value overall is very low for me, it's not my type of genre I'd listen to or am in the mood for. :gaycat6:

She eats though, delivered great body of work once again. Can't wait for LG7!

TABSGa.thumb.gif.e40b835027963894ec6d147

Edited by xokuba

Maybe this isn't as edgy as I had hoped but this is pretty much what I wanted LFS to be :clap3: A nice follow up to the fun energy of C2C 

• Like 1

The Joker kinda reminds me of the song she sang before Applause at the 2013 VMAs with the fake booing 

The close to you, happy mistakes, that's life run is insane. What a pity that she put them at the back of the album. :rip:

Wonder if this will get more streams than 143. 

Edited by torontowest91

This is the first jazz album by Gaga that I've actually enjoyed and listened to all the way through. She sounds amazing. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't hate this. It's giving me Barbra Streisand circa 1985/1993 Broadway vibes.

Her version of That's Entertainment is fantastic! 

• Thanks 1

Not the style of music i like (jazz) but it's a great body of work. Her vocals, the production, the visuals.. everything is fantastic. 

Happy mistakes is a masterpiece, along with the joker, are the only songs i'll use. 

Congrats to Gaga, her legend status is sealed :clap3:

Edited by Diocles
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

So... Is it worth a listen or not?

Give godga's passion project some streams miss gurl. 

This album is incredible! She's truly in her element with this one. The production is outstanding, and given how hands-on she was in reimagining these tracks, she absolutely deserves all the praise — even if it's not the usual taste for many of her fans or the general public.

7 hours ago, leonagwen said:

Close to You is a remake. It was a huge hit in 1970 by The Carpenters.

I know lol :suburban:

13 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

So... Is it worth a listen or not?

definitely. even if you don't like the jazz side of gaga, there are more pop-y songs and she sounds amazing 

This was just such a random gift like she never does so even if people don't like the entire project there are definitely gems in here for everyone. The joker, close to you and happy mistake alone make this 100% worth it.

Edited by Lord Gaga

She sounds amazing. It's prob not an album I'll go back to often - maybe for some work music lol. Its a companion album but its not really giving crazy like her character is supposed to be 

This is so amazing, honestly, she should release more albums like that, I kind of want it just out of pure spite

Ugh, I don't like this album :/ Maybe there is some potential on Happy Mistake, but that's it. I don't like The Joker at all, especially the vocals. 

Anyways, DWAS is smashing and LG7 is coming so we are good. 

2 hours ago, Patient Zero said:

I love Lady Gaga, but this album is skip after skip. I hate this style of music. Shame she wasted these amazing vocals on this.

oh well. Looking forward to her next album :giraffe:

the album is not a masterpiece but delivers what is needed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.