Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

A question for the older gays

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • so a question for yourself?

  • Treacherous
    Treacherous

    "for the older gays" is sending me so bad 

  • We didn't really listen much to that tragedy of an album, we all moved on pretty quickly   Now if you'll excuse me, it's almost 4PM so it's my bed time. Good night. 

I knew deep down it wasn't Britney but I was willingly obtuse and even played it for my friends to show off how good Britney sounded. I knew they wouldn't know the difference :toofunny2:

Edited by dman4life

I guess I'm old now :rip:

 

During the Femme Fatale era, there was absolutely the suspicion that she wasn't enjoying her work and that she was not putting any effort into her appearances and performances. Fans overall tried to keep morale up, but this era put a damper on Britney's career.

 

Britney Jean was far worse, and the vocals controversy was hugely damaging to her career and image. By this point, Britney's indifference was definitely hurting her professionally.

 

Since the end of the conservatorship and since the memoir came out, in retrospect, everything made complete and total sense. Fans definitely were suspect, but I think a lot of us were in the dark about the real reasons Britney was self sabatoging. There were rumors that Britney was not happy with the cship, but truly not a lot of us realized just how serious it was. I think I even remember some fans being dismissive towards the then allegations since they were seen as so conspiratorial at the time. We obviously all knew about the cship, but Britney never publicly objected, spoke about the arrangement, or anything like that, so a lot of people were in the dark about it. Besides For The Record, she never spoke about it, and that documentary was largely framed around her talking about her behavior in 2007 for the first time.

 

It's really hard to explain in words what it felt like to see Britney finally come out of the conservatorship and to watch how quickly her fortunes had changed back in 2020/2021. It's something fans always wanted: ironically, we all wanted her to have more creative control over her career. I think, sadly, Jamie and Co. destroyed whatever chances that were left of Britney having passion for her career again. Our last glimmer of hope was Glory. I think Britney was far more damaged by the mental health facility stint than a lot of us probably even know or realize.

 

I will always love Britney Spears, whether she is making music or whether she is just dancing in her living room making silly instagram videos. If never making music again is what will make her happy and content, then I can accept that. It sucks as a fan, sure, but Britney being happy, above all else, after everything she's gone through, is what is most important. :heart:

I made myself believe it's all Britney (& sia background) since it's one of the few songs I like from that album s:wan:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.