PokéRate 6: Kalos ⚜️ 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓲

Curaga

8 hours ago, Sawk said:

I would love to see a ranking rate instead of a score rate, that'll make stuff REALLY interesting and will limit the riggery and scammery.

That won't work, It will increase sabotage because people will put Milotic at -136 instead of -11

:suburban:

Also, who is gonna sort 100+ Pokemon in order, be realistic

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curaga

• Suilen

• Heldenzeit

• sunbathinganimal

19 minutes ago, Curaga said:

Does this mean you would rank each Pokémon from 1 to 120 (or however many entries), and #1 would get 100 points, #2 gets lower, #3 even lower, etc.? 

:matty:

I used this method for a Disney movies rate I hosted back in 2017 (I want to redo this rate later this year).

I limited everyone to send in 20 movies only so it went by okay but when this method was attempted for a Britney Spears Discography Rate, a lot of members didn't want to do that method.

Maybe I could do this for my Sword & Shield rate. I remember there's a website that helps to rank stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Curaga said:

Does this mean you would rank each Pokémon from 1 to 120 (or however many entries), and #1 would get 100 points, #2 gets lower, #3 even lower, etc.? 

something like that, or it could be done by who got the least amount of points, so like if you ranked tapu lele as ur 5th fave she would get 5 points, the mons with the lowest numbers would end up higher in the rate and whatnot, just an idea

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

That won't work, It will increase sabotage because people will put Milotic at -136 instead of -11

Also, who is gonna sort 100+ Pokemon in order, be realistic

It won't increase sabotage because you can't do it to a majority of mons, sure, you can still put your least faves at the end, but it forces people to be more selective about their choices and not just spam 1 on everything they don't stan.

As for the laziness part, true, I myself am lazy af and always send in the rates late, but it's not like it'll take that much more time, all you would have to do is cut and paste the names onto a ranking list.

It's just a suggestion/idea btw, It's not even a perfect change by any means, but it could be a cute change of pace that can maybe make the rating just a tad more objective & less braindead.

Edited by Sawk
typo

Well, we'll see how the modifier system will go. Ideally, 1s will have less of an impact there.

1 hour ago, poki said:

I used this method for a Disney movies rate I hosted back in 2017 (I want to redo this rate later this year).

I limited everyone to send in 20 movies only so it went by okay but when this method was attempted for a Britney Spears Discography Rate, a lot of members didn't want to do that method.

Maybe I could do this for my Sword & Shield rate. I remember there's a website that helps to rank stuff like this.

I think at least trying it once would be cool, but I'm not gonna pretend like it's something everyone wants either.

I know members live for the messiness, the idea just popped into my head since spamming low scores is lowkey a cop out to not have to really think about the choices in order to just payola the faves.

It seems more objective to rank the mons in a gen rather than scoring them, if there's a website that could even help, that would be so cool and could ease the process.

• Thanks 1

People care more about 1s, than a dupe voting & hosting multiple rates :suburban:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

People care more about 1s, than a dupe voting & hosting multiple rates :suburban:

Well, yes :suburban:

I think it's a great idea. Cause some of yall seriously gave Gardevoir the same score as Binacle like be for real... :rip:

• Thanks 3

I'm still astonished how Mega Sabeleye is still in this. I guess being the Gen 3 winner, doesn't mean anything. 

I like Sableye but, I had to give his Mega counterpart a 1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Let's make our voices heard and boycott the **** & Shart rate! :wave2:

Edited by Heldenzeit
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Ohno said:

I think it's a great idea. Cause some of yall seriously gave Gardevoir the same score as Binacle like be for real... :rip:

Not true, please stop with this fake news.

Gardevoir got a 1, Binacle got a 2.

L1U90zo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

waiT, they're kinda serving the same colour scheme. I get the connection now!

poke_capture_0688_000_mf_n_00000000_f_r.pnggardevoir.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'll pray for you Kathi,you and that disgusting mouth of yours. God Bless 

L1U90zo.jpg

7 hours ago, Conker said:

I'm still astonished how Mega Sabeleye is still in this. I guess being the Gen 3 winner, doesn't mean anything. 

I like Sableye but, I had to give his Mega counterpart a 1. 

You apparently had to give every Mega except Mega Problematicism a 1, so this rationale about Sableye holds no weight imo.

:surfsup:

• Haha 4

819f812f349fd472237c1f33844e98fcfc635077.gif 

You wanna guess the colour of tonight's first out

You wanna know what @Curaga's got going on in ha cloud

:wave2:

• Like 1

average gay couple

Front-View-Tex.png

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Curaga said:

I think this would help to avoid all this nonsensical #1 to pokemon that are not 1.

3 hours ago, Curaga said:

You apparently had to give every Mega except Mega Problematicism a 1, so this rationale about Sableye holds no weight imo.

:surfsup:

It took me a bit to realize who you are talking about fklsdjlkfdsjfdjl

f12a2f1073774a43b7aa3c0707b401c7.thumb.g

• Haha 1

My 11 leaving and my 0 still in and I'm 99% sure will be top 10 NO

The way my 11 for Hoenn left at #11 and my 11 here left at #21... I'm cursed.

People seeing the original top 10 really decided to tank so many of the Pokemon huh nn and how aggressive people have been with the Megas is funny even though there's quite a few of them still in...

Well actually that would make the rates much much easier and harder to fraud. Giving everything other than your fave a 1 is just taking away all the fun. 

Y'all can limit 1's all you want but I'm still gonna give them to "objective non-1's" like Gardevoir and the rest of her kin idgaf

spacer.png

Edited by coolcristobal
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.