• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Feanor

• suburbannature

• Kyoto

33 minutes ago, Saint James said:

no shade to Billie but if you really want to save the environment, a million recycled plastic vinyls is not the way. 

There's no way to have a major career in music and be 100% fully green. Everything takes energy and raw materials. Even the Spotify servers in Sweden are using a ton of fuel to stay cool and keep running.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

well she's right

A hypocrite.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Just because she's "aware", that doesn't change the fact she sells variants for more money and better chart achievements :deadbanana: One of her points is that artists does variants for charts and money and she's exactly doing the same thing using more plastics to sell more albums. It's not like every HTE variants are 100% made from recycled materials.

You realize she's on her second album and Taylor is on like... the fiftieth or something, I've lost count. She's within her rights to want to establish herself but when you're a literal billionaire veteran and still trying to scam the charts for a few extra bucks, that's just pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Oh no, Taylor will squeeze in a song about her on TTPD

It rings hollow because she avoids the elephant in the room, which is that reducing your consumption protects the earth much more than recycling. Now I don't have any expectation for her or any rich celeb because that is not in their interest to do that, whatever. I just think they all look so deluded trying to invoke politics that are opposed to capitalism. Sugarcane of all crops is not sustainable.:rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with her, but this is so hypocritical!

Taylor is obviously one of the biggest artists doing it so it gets called out the most but almost EVERY big artist is releasing multiple variants. And Taylor isn't even the worst offender, she had max 5 variants for the past few albums. Billie had EIGHT variants for HTE.

Edited by Velvet Night
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ma'am she's right and the Swifties are mad.

Obviously a lot of artists are doing the same thing, but moreso by their labels so they have no control then

• Thumbs Down 1

she's right

but i better not see her release different variants for the next album 

• Like 1

Girl you have two oscars at 22, enjoy your successes and let others live their life

• Like 1

My vegan queen. Gonna need her to whack Taylor a few more times for me 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

A pre-order link for the Poet Laurette's edition of TTPD with a new diss track will be up on her website by EOD

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

The Albillietross i fear

She's not wrong.

That being said - practice what you preach Miss Eilish

:khalyan2:

I like Billie a lot-love her music, but seriously, sometimes she's so annoying with her faux fake outrages-angry tirades. She reminds me of Halsey and her annoying tweets or Zara Larsson annoying social media persona.

Billie is the Typical Angeleno living a consumerist bourgeoisie rich life and acting all 'social,' "aware" but doing the minimum for the environment and the world. Let's talk better about your problematic family, girl. If you're really that worried about people's problems. The way they mocked minorities living in their neighborhood and treated them like thrash. You have millions of dollars already? Where are the millions for Africa,Middle East,Southamerica and all the developing countries who will be the first ones affected by this global warming thing? Where are the donations girl?

Billie, you're releasing an album soon. Things like this make me not want to buy her new album and lemme better give my money to OLIVIA aka the future of Pop  :giraffe: 

Youre not a teen anymore and able to pass over everything. Youre an adult. Be careful with your words lady. 
is this shade to Taylor and Shakira and Beyonce? who are releasing multiple variants of their records? :eli: 
Gen Z bitter about Milenials? takin her place and the spotlight maybe? :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

The new Halsey but actually annoying 

She'll learn what being a hypocrite means one day, hopefully

• Like 2

she's right but she's also throwing stones in a glass house :deadbanana2:

"Yeah but She's using recycled materials!!!" Yeah for like three out of the 17 different variants :deadbanana4::ahh: WWAFA,WDWG has like 20 VARIANTS and majority of then AREN'T made from recycled plastics, and she often collabs with high-end brands who are infamous for contaminating millions upon millions of water just for ONE season collection. Girl STFU

Edited by Trainwreck
  • Like 3

The only thing worse than greedy capitalist pop stars is hypocritical greedy capitalist popstars, or is she not aware of what she does?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I like Billie a lot-love her music, but seriously, sometimes she's so annoying with her faux fake outrages-angry tirades. She reminds me of Halsey and her annoying tweets or Zara Larsson annoying social media persona.

Billie is the Typical Angeleno living a consumerist bourgeoisie rich life and acting all 'social,' "aware" but doing the minimum for the environment and the world. Let's talk better about your problematic family, girl. If you're really that worried about people's problems. The way they mocked minorities living in their neighborhood and treated them like thrash. You have millions of dollars already? Where are the millions for Africa,Middle East,Southamerica and all the developing countries who will be the first ones affected by this global warming thing? Where are the donations girl?

Billie, you're releasing an album soon. Things like this make me not want to buy her new album and lemme better give my money to OLIVIA aka the future of Pop  :giraffe: 

Youre not a teen anymore and able to pass over everything. Youre an adult. Be careful with your words lady. 
is this shade to Taylor and Shakira and Beyonce? who are releasing multiple variants of their records? :eli: 
Gen Z bitter about Milenials? takin her place maybe? :gaycat4:

As a socal resident I can tell you Billie has donate to her community. I don't think she publicizes it, so I wont share what I know.

• Haha 1

Anyone else not give a ****? I care about the environment and do what I can but this is grasping at straws. People are going to physically own material whether we like it or not. Focus energy on politicians and LARGE corps shelling out tons and tons of waste every single day to save cash for the ceo. Vinyls don't make up a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of waste we need to be concerned about. 

Edited by Fleahive
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

She's not basically shading one individual, she blatantly says it's "ALL your favorite artists doing it,” including Beyonce, Lana, Gaga, Ariana, The Weeknd, endless names.

I don't think she actually meant "all" because half of the artists you mentioned (especially Gaga, Bey, and Lana) don't do this and if anything don't release enough basic album vinyls to meet demand.  

She didn't lie, this should be scrutinized more or flat out blocked/limited more by Billboard.  If anything, artists can still do this but it won't count towards sales for say, another month.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.