• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Feanor

• suburbannature

• Kyoto

29 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

Oh the swifties are MAD :ahh:

Taylor Swift wasn't even mentioned and they coming in here fuming. She hit the nail on the head with the "unique" aspect. As a fan it's cool, but definitely money/chart hungry

• Like 1

I'm kind of laughing considering the question (or topic) that lead to that response was about Happier Than Ever having 8 unique vinyl pressings. :lmao:

I commend her on the sustainability points though. If we can make new vinyls out of recycled material we should be. But she did different pressings for money too, lmao, like who's she fooling? Let's not forget the niche cassette and CD pressings too.

Edited by Jack!
  • Like 3

I mean, at least she did it only once?

Several artists have been doing for a long time

6 pages in an HOUR?! And someone said this forum was dying

Hx1YSjS.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Maybe she should've said this in her interview instead of acting holier than thou then.

So Taylor can laugh but Billie can only chuckle? 

oh that's not- :skull: Billie, sweetie....

7 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

And what base do you primarily see in the replies, beloved? 

Not any specific one? There are dozens of replies from users with all kinds of names and avis and the majority of these do not belong to any single fanbase. :lakitu:

• Like 1

how does she know other people are using recycled materials too? :baseball:

Now why'd she have to gag Taylor and onika like that

:rogue:

Just now, badgirlriri said:

That's not what y'all are doing though, y'all are deflecting from the fact that she's referring to the actual recyclability of the vinyls, not how many variants there are. So posts rushed in here to show all the displays of her different variants are dumb, irrelevant, and stemming from people who are yes triggered about what she said :skull: Billie's aware she does different variants for her albums and that's not the problem here

Just because she's "aware", that doesn't change the fact she sells variants for more money and better chart achievements :deadbanana: One of her points is that artists does variants for charts and money and she's exactly doing the same thing using more plastics to sell more albums. It's not like every HTE variants are 100% made from recycled materials.

• Like 3

Not this direct jab at Taylor :rip:

Did anyone bother to read the first response :deadbanana2:

Billie is completely right

6 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

That's not what y'all are doing though, y'all are deflecting from the fact that she's referring to the actual recyclability of the vinyls, not how many variants there are. So posts rushed in here to show all the displays of her different variants are dumb, irrelevant, and stemming from people who are yes triggered about what she said :skull: Billie's aware she does different variants for her albums and that's not the problem here

Except it is?

She doesn't just point out the environmental harms of vinyl, she also explicitly mentions how variants are used for chart and monetary purposes:

and then it's some of the biggest artists in the world making f–king 40 different vinyl packages that have a different unique thing just to get you to keep buying more. It's so wasteful, and it's irritating to me that we're still at a point where you care that much about your numbers and you care that much about making money — and it's all your favorite artists doing that sh-t.

She is right that vinyl are harmful for the environment, but it is also hypocritical of her to be "irritated" by artists using them too boost chart numbers when she, one of the wealthiest and most successful newer artists in music today, is also participating in those same tactics.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Let's be honest, even if the vinyls are made from recycled material, it still generate waste and carbon emissions. If she really cares about the environment and sustainability that much, why not just stop physical all together? It seems like she also cares about chart and money just as much as any other popular artist, but her pr team advised her to say this just to green wash her brand :coffee2:

• Like 2

I just cant wrap my head around how someone can release multiple versions in one breath and heavily criticize other for doing the same thing in another. Like???! Maybe admit some accountability first before acting all holier than thou?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not her talking when she released those c*m cds for her last album 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not the 6 pages in 1 hour

Knew this will be a HIT thread but..

:suburban:

What she said is right and just because she also partakes doesn't make your fav any less evil. 

So happy my fav Doja doesn't take part on this :clap3:

The hit dogs hollering all over this thread.

5dc04ce00c33a000081b8649-Image-from-i-OS

Stans who lack reading comprehension by bringing up her Gucci collabs when just a quick search would tell you those were made green/recycled, just like all of her merch, is such a lazy gotcha. Her variants are also made with recycles materials and as a vegan she already has less of a carbon footprint than any person in here calling her a hypocrite. Sadly much of Billie's great climate efforts get wasted when we have other artists use private jets like cars for trips as low as 20 minutes because apparently a 45 minute car ride is too inconvenient for a quick iced coffee run.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Billie will always stand against ecoterrorists and for that I love her :clap3:

The replies in here... are we actually fighting over that? 

She literally addressed all of this in her answers. Her vinyls are from sustainable materials so not wasteful and frankly, it is embarrassing to be so deep in your career and still be so consumed by money and numbers. Truly the most greedy capitalist ever.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Billie said it's GUILLOTINE TIME for ecoterrorists :clap3:

• Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.