Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

waiT, not the split vinyl looking kinda cool irl :eek:

Curaçao Blue still takes the cake as the prettiest one for me though, solely for the fact that it fits the cover the most  

I canceled the deluxe split vinyl cause the blue doesnt match the turquoise of the cover so  I ordered curacao vinyl (from regular retailer for 21 eur) plus the alternative cover from the website, like this I have two vinyls with two different esthetics for the price of the "deluxe" one

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Joyride said:

I got it *******

I dont like zeotrope vinyls ... but its good she got 10k vinyls sells more (first round was 5k and this one 5k as well)

23 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

If they had a budget for this supposed 'payola' y'all keep talking about, don't you think if they'd simply paid it to Doja in exchange for a verse/ video appearance that Dua would already have a "Radical Oprimism" era, Billboard Hot 100, Number one by now (and if not why)?

I dont think there are any budget issues when it comes to Warner especially since Dua is their biggest female artist.

If Warners and Dua wanted she is in every single talk show and show you can think off. You need to understand music and chart positions is not what brings money, touring and brand endorsements and advertising is the big money maker and Dua is selling shows within minutes and she will sell out her next world tour without need to have no.1 single, she has millions from Versace, Puma, Porsche, YSL, also her album eras are 3 years long, she knows she will tour full 2025, its important to protect your mental and physical health as well and make priorities.

She has no.1 and no.2 most streamed female albums of all times on Spotify, she is doing good. People need to stop being obsessed by chart positions.

Nice example is "Im slave 4 u" ... it peaked only 27 on BBH100 and look, 23 years later it is still iconic song.

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 8

I noticed that Amazon deleted the pic of their turquoise vinyl (it was labeled as clear) so I'm going with the Walmart exclusive just to be safe. 

All the gloom is so annyoing. When Yes, and? had already fallen out of the top 40 on Spotify it also looked gloomy for ES but the album did greatly due to the quality and replay value.

I think Radical Optimism will experience the same just to a lesser extent since she is no Ariana. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

I dont think there are any budget issues when it comes to Warner especially since Dua is their biggest female artist.

If Warners and Dua wanted she is in every single talk show and show you can think off. You need to understand music and chart positions is not what brings money, touring and brand endorsements and advertising is the big money maker and Dua is selling shows within minutes and she will sell out her next world tour without need to have no.1 single, she has millions from Versace, Puma, Porsche, YSL, also her album eras are 3 years long, she knows she will tour full 2025, its important to protect your mental and physical health as well and make priorities.

She has no.1 and no.2 most streamed female albums of all times on Spotify, she is doing good. People need to stop being obsessed by chart positions.

Nice example is "Im slave 4 u" ... it peaked only 27 on BBH100 and look, 23 years later it is still iconic song.

Completely agree with this post. The FN era was amazing but I can't imagine how stressful it must've been for her at times because she was performing EVERYWHERE.. DSN alone had like 20 live performances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante Silva said:

If they had a budget for this supposed 'payola' y'all keep talking about, don't you think if they'd simply paid it to Doja in exchange for a verse/ video appearance that Dua would already have a "Radical Oprimism" era, Billboard Hot 100, Number one by now (and if not why)?

Doja's verse wouldn't do anything, she just had a song on the cover on TTH, it peaked at #113 on US Spotify, didn't chart on the Hot 100.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Doja's verse wouldn't do anything, she just had a song on the cover on TTH, it peaked at #113 on US Spotify, didn't chart on the Hot 100.

Exactly. Doja killed her fanbase by openly hating on them. 

What we finally need is a Dua x The Weeknd collab. 

2 hours ago, Dante Silva said:

is there another doja or do you mean the self-sabotaging neonazi?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dante Silva said:

Oh my god that is an extra boost to a song that is already successful its a push accross the finish line. Her songs even if they get pushed on radio and number 1 playlisting people are playing other people like sabrina's song and not clicking play on Dua's song so if you payola the **** out of your artist's songs and they are flops then there is a problem somewhere. I bet Warner is mad at spending all that money to push her and she is bombing hard. I bet they will lower their investment for the next era and maybe push a new girl.

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

For now she may ride that wave but these are not stadiums...  and you get advertising and brand endorsements if your songs are hits right now warner is pushing her hard on all platforms even though she is bombing, there's this illusion that she is as successful as it comes but i doubt warner will push a fourth or fifth single if the album is a bomb.They are operating at a loss right now.

4 minutes ago, kayliah said:

For now she may ride that wave but these are not stadiums...  and you get advertising and brand endorsements if your songs are hits right now warner is pushing her hard on all platforms even though she is bombing, there's this illusion that she is as successful as it comes but i doubt warner will push a fourth or fifth single if the album is a bomb.They are operating at a loss right now.

At First I No GIF by Lil Yachty

I'm using radical optimism and hoping and praying there's a hidden gem on the album that's going to smash after release.  :dancehall3:

I do think maybe it's time for her a slower ballad, would be "fresh" from her in the eyes of the public…

• Thanks 1

We should get first reviews with some details about each song next week

Happy Dog GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets Excited !

6 hours ago, misswhooops said:

sold-out already, with this second round this version has already sold 10k

I just made another purchase from her UK store and my order is the #12,420

good numbers so far :clap3:

1 hour ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

sold-out already, with this second round this version has already sold 10k

I just made another purchase from her UK store and my order is the #12,420

good numbers so far :clap3:

Yeah it sold out within minutes just like the first one.

I really wonder how much physicals she will sells since just this one blood records edition sold 10k

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Yeah it sold out withing minutes just like the first one.

I really wonder how much physicals she will sells since just this one blood records edition sold 10k

combining blood records + her store sales = 22,420 physical sales so far 

don't know if there are any other stores selling the album in the UK, but as of now I think it's safe to say RO has already surpassed FN in physical sales first week :clap3: 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

combining blood records + her store sales = 22,420 physical sales so far 

don't know if there are any other stores selling the album in the UK, but as of now I think it's safe to say RO has already surpassed FN in physical sales first week :clap3: 

Order number doesnt mean number of sold products.

Order can have just merch, or could be Houdini or TS singles, one order can also have multiple items. (for e.g. if you buy bundle of cassette, CD and vinyl it is one order number but 3 physical products count on album sale, if you buy only Illusion hoodie it is order number but is is not count on album sales etc.) ;)

Also I think EU store, UK Store and US store has each separate order numbering.

Edited by mike_int

6 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Order number doesnt mean number of sold products.

Order can have just merch, or could be Houdini or TS singles, one order can also have multiple items. (for e.g. if you buy bundle of cassete, CD and vinyl it is one order number but 3 physical products count on album sale, if you buy only Illusion hoodie it is order number but is is not count on album sales etc.) ;)

Also I think EU store, UK Store and US store has each separate order numbering.

ohh that's right, my bad :monkey:
anyway, I think it's still a good sign 

• Like 1

I get the concerns about success but I don't think the debut will be disappointing. She's had decent debuts with all 3 songs, it's really the longevity that'll be worrying if anything.

• Like 1

Wait, was Illusion the lead single at one point? I mean, the kaleidoscopic profile pics and album covers must have been alluding to that, right?

Edited by sneakyishere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10k vinyl sales from Blood Records.

Future Nostalgia debut: 3k vinyls, 15k pure sales.

THERE ARE BIRDS ON HAPPY FOR YOU

• Confused 1

She's spilling so much tea on the album tracks:jonny5:OMG

ouuuuu whatchu doing

don't know who you think that you're confusin'

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I'm late to the party but we're bopping now :WAP:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.