• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, smgupdated said:

It reminds me of the artwork for Blur's The Great Escape

tumblr_m55gh2LpvN1qbm479o1_1280.jpg

This is a really cool cover. My grip with her cover is that you barely see her and the other objects take up too much space (ie: water & shark)

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Btw... having seen the cover and that pompous ass title, the tracklist looks kind of dry.

You can't give me conceptual without an intro and 3 interludes, sorry

:clack:

You might be getting all that because the album is 26 minutes in total :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, V$. said:

:hoetenks:

Houdini & TS = 7 min ..

So 9 tracks for 19 min ? LMAO. Troll.

Edited by Waydark

that length better be fake cause...

1 minute ago, wehavetostan said:

This is a really cool cover. My grip with her cover is that you barely see her and the other objects take up too much space (ie: water & shark)

Yeah it's definitely a great cover. The back cover was this, and here's what Albarn said in regards to their meaning:

What inspired the album artwork for the Great Escape?

Albarn: We go quite deep down once we’re enthusiastic about that. It’s fairly a pro-longed course of. All the imagery on The Great Escape is predicated across the kind of belongings you see in those in-flight magazines they've on planes. You already know, it’s type of a vacuous utopia….on one aspect it’s the studious, clean-shaven workplace individuals, and on the entrance it’s all fairly sinister as a result of there’s someone diving off a ship; work exhausting and play exhausting. That’s why we put it there. If individuals see it our means, then nice, and in the event that they don’t, then **** ‘em.

thoughts-on-the-great-escape-v0-1dbbxuy4

So I think Dua's artwork might be a nod to the Britpop era but I don't understand how it fits with the psychedelic sound she's been mentioning. 

7 minutes ago, V$. said:

Please tell me this is a joke. This means that most of the remaining songs are barely *JUST* over 2 minutes…

3 minutes ago, Waydark said:

Houdini & TS = 7 min ..

So 9 tracks for 19 min ? LMAO. Troll.

It's fake

• Like 1

It’s borderline insane that her team leaked the ENTIRE album lyrics on her own website. Like you can’t make that **** up it’s peak amateur behavior  :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Oh' we're moving :duca:

27 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Is that quality in the room with us? Because 2 singles so far didn’t deliver it 

Have those ears checked

Ian Kirkpatrick produced 2 songs :jonny5:

Andrew Wyatt is also involved :jonny6:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, V$. said:

The Twitter stans have been constantly setting her up throughout this era like shut up for a change plz :dies:

34 minutes ago, Aurora said:

The day people stop erroneously conflating low quantity with high quality, that day the world will be a better place. You can also have both and neither. They’re not mutually exclusive outcomes.

People quoting me are putting way too much emphasis on the 11 tracks comment. That has nothing to do with why it’s giving flop era to me. They were independent clauses.

I actually looooved Houdini and TS and am glad she’s not scrapping the era. But this does feel like a 180 in terms of aesthetic and not in a good way imo. Either way I’ll still be perched on release day.

FN was originally 11 tracks. Don’t know what you are crying about exactly

I actually really like how there's a progression from the red to the turqoise, there obviously is a story there. Even the website was glitching between red and turqoise minutes before she announced it! Maybe it all should've just been communicated more clearly? I get the whole concept, but I just don't know how to put it into words.

But it definitely isn't supposed to look random

Edited by sneakyishere

not feeling this era at all :rip: will still check the album ofc

4 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

It’s borderline insane that her team leaked the ENTIRE album lyrics on her own website. Like you can’t make that **** up it’s peak amateur behavior  :deadbanana2:

It's hilarious that they leaked the lyrics but we can't see the full credits :lmao: 

• Thanks 1

Everything about this era is a choice.

And a good one.

• Like 4

Now THAT’S how you do an album announcement :clap3:

Thank you Dua for sticking to your craft. Can’t wait! 

I’m so hyped for this :duca:

When do you think the tour will start? And where?

idk why people are complaining about the album having 11 tracks :rip: knowing dua she’ll probably release extra tracks in the future as a part of a deluxe version or something 

• Thanks 1

Don’t like the album title. It sounds like some New Age guru ****. Looking forward to the album though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Can yall give up already with the constant theories about her re-shooting the cover/re-recording he album/changing the aesthetic/etc. They're so...forced. "Sign up for optimism!" has been there since October. The only thing that changed was TS being pushed as the 2nd single instead of the lead and it's music video getting shelved.

This is the biggest fan fiction of the year, especially that video. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.