This Was 2023 | And the winner is...

supaspaz

Sign me up! Just need to listen to VM album then I can give Zach his 10s.

Reverie

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Suilen

• Reverie

• glitch

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohsnap what an interesting group/.

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Caroline and Kelela - the Joan and Bette of our day - will be in THIS WAS ALT POP 2023. @supaspaz would have to be paid to host a rate with a Lana album in it!

Ooh, can I get paid for this?

• ATRL Moderator

I'll try to participate on this since I haven't listen to any of these albums :bird:

The Victoria Monet album definitely earned that Best Album Engineering Grammy. I don’t like it as much as the first Jaguar, though. :katie:

GOODBYE us listened to everyday as well as Princess going digital

i finally started today... 

at least these albums are all easy breezy and not too long unlike last year's edition with multiple 1 hr + albums :snowball:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, kandicha said:

at least these albums are all easy breezy and not too long unlike last year's edition with multiple 1 hr + albums :snowball:

An iconic edition, but I don't think I could ever take on that much again.

• ATRL Moderator

Still at one ballot, so...hopefully the rest are just working on it!

Amaarae's album was great at the first listen, will give boygenius and Zach a go too and then gradually revisit them all throughout the week to score.

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, Suilen said:

Amaarae's album was great at the first listen, will give boygenius and Zach a go too and then gradually revisit them all throughout the week to score.

Yay! I'm glad you're joining.

I'll try my best to do this :heart: lemme bookmark

• ATRL Moderator

@glitch @4th Time Around @Reverie @Ewan Chaos @Katamari @creativity. @naval23 @Ace Reject @worldwide angel @Into The Void @Alldeezy @GreatestLoveofAll @Suilen @kandicha @Price of Fame @greento @madonnas @BlackoutZone @Achilles. @Taemira @Invisibility @Born to Run @MP2K @4Real

So is anyone actually working on this? I know I originally set the deadline for next week, but I've received one ballot, so that will obviously have to get pushed back.

I'll be able to finish by the deadline but I wouldn't mind an extension either.

Oops thanks for the reminder, lemme actually do this now

18 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

@glitch @4th Time Around @Reverie @Ewan Chaos @Katamari @creativity. @naval23 @Ace Reject @worldwide angel @Into The Void @Alldeezy @GreatestLoveofAll @Suilen @kandicha @Price of Fame @greento @madonnas @BlackoutZone @Achilles. @Taemira @Invisibility @Born to Run @MP2K @4Real

So is anyone actually working on this? I know I originally set the deadline for next week, but I've received one ballot, so that will obviously have to get pushed back.

I can start with Olivia today lol

R u gonna add the spilled (deluxe) tracks?

Edited by Into The Void

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

R u gonna add the spilled (deluxe) tracks?

I feel like that's probably unnecessary, right? Though it's not like I'd have to go back and get a bunch of people to redo their ballots.

I've done two albums! :wave:

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I feel like that's probably unnecessary, right? Though it's not like I'd have to go back and get a bunch of people to redo their ballots.

eh why not 

7 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I was planning to but then got sick and had things come up

Ill try and do it this week :heart:

My initial thought with the deluxe Livvy songs was don't bother since they're coming out this year but... I guess they technically came out in 2023? Eh I still say don't bother (will make people finish faster probably lol) but doesn't really matter to me.

Haven't been able to work on this quite yet so would love an extension at least by a week, but could certainly rush release some scores since I know these albums already.

Don't bother with them tbh

Also staring boygenius, I remembered this rate when I Know the End came on shuffle earlier today (totally should've won the 2020 rate it was in, right?)

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

My initial thought with the deluxe Livvy songs was don't bother since they're coming out this year but... I guess they technically came out in 2023? Eh I still say don't bother (will make people finish faster probably lol) but doesn't really matter to me.

I think they were all on different vinyl editions of the album, except "So American," and now they've been compiled together.

2 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Haven't been able to work on this quite yet so would love an extension at least by a week, but could certainly rush release some scores since I know these albums already.

Yeah, I'm certain I'll be extending the deadline at this point.

• ATRL Moderator
35 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Also staring boygenius, I remembered this rate when I Know the End came on shuffle earlier today (totally should've won the 2020 rate it was in, right?)

I don't remember what rate she was in! Not my This Was 2020.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.