Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Poki Diary 2023 Update #2 is here!

Featured Replies

  • ATRL Moderator
Quote

Most of my music taste is from 1997 - 2003. I hope that won't turn you off because I know most Best Ofs are for music of the year we are in now (2023 in this case).

Bestie, that's exactly what we stan the most. All those years > 2023.

 

How High and Push are great, but Take a Bow??? ugh what a masterpiece 

When The Money's Gone is okay, maybe that's why it has such a low number of streams. Am I gonna see A Different Kind of Love Song here tho? :duca: 

 

I never heard of Oliver and Company :skull:  I hope Sexlazzle snatches the Pokemon chart :flame: 

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
21 hours ago, Spartak92 said:

Meowth and NFS :clap3:

Not a big fan of the music set :sorry:

It goes more into early 2000s pop rock later in the list, if that seems more up your alley :smile:

I go through all sorts of music phases

 

21 hours ago, Alldeezy said:

How High :heart:

 

i love that there is a Sims one :eddie: though I only play Sims 2

 

Lately the new DLC are really good, Werewolves are amazingly detailed, Growing Together has the social conversation topics of Sims 2 re-imagined, and the new one For Rent is basically Apartment Life 2.0

But yeah Sims 2 >>>>> 

I love to do the Build A City Challenge, it feels so cozy to start out in a totally empty world :smile:

 

9 hours ago, JGibson said:

missin u + Take A Bow :heart2:

I wish Madonna would peform it more :'(

 

8 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

The way the music list make me want to revisit Madonna's Confessions and Cher's Living Proof (even though i haven't listen to the later in a really long time :dies:)

 

I had Outdoor Retreat a few years ago from my friend as a birthday gift but i haven't really explore much nn. I haven't even visit Granite Falls once but let me make one of my sims take a vacation there to see what's up :clap3:

Cher is apparently about to re-release Living Proof in 2024 :smile:

Granite Falls looks really good for a 2015 world, I can see why a lot of people don't like it very much tho

 

6 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I didn't care for the rest of the EP but missin u and cut were such bops :jonnycat:

the Madonna songs are a cute throwback!

yeah those are definitely the best :smile: 

Makes me wonder if maybe it's good they reduced it to an EP instead of a full album tbh :-x

 

5 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Nnn I preferred the R&B Edit of Missin U 

I wish she released that instead of the pop edit, I remember a lot of people were like "it's too pop for me" so the R&B version would have been better recieved

 

2 hours ago, Legend E said:

Bestie, that's exactly what we stan the most. All those years > 2023.

 

How High and Push are great, but Take a Bow??? ugh what a masterpiece 

When The Money's Gone is okay, maybe that's why it has such a low number of streams. Am I gonna see A Different Kind of Love Song here tho? :duca: 

 

I never heard of Oliver and Company :skull:  I hope Sexlazzle snatches the Pokemon chart :flame: 

There's one more Living Proof track that made it :smile: really surprised this album flopped

Oliver & Company is cute :smile: It was their first musical in several decades, made good money so they felt confident in doing more musicals for the 90s. So historically it's actually one of the most important Disney movies, 90s would have been very different if it flopped. 

 

1 hour ago, ARTPØP said:

Okay Meowth, I see you! prrrr :gaycat3:

Back in 1999 they almost gave Meowth a pre-evo, I wonder why they cancelled it :'( 

It gives secondary Psychic type vibes

 

RacieB-konyaart.jpg?fit=1000,1000&ssl=1

  • Author

nCVWe6c.png

Thank you everyone :heart:

Here is update #2

 

Music

Spoiler

R-8599129-1464831921-7893.jpeg.jpg

 

#90: Destiny - Geri Halliwell
Playlist, 2016 (originally a 2002 B-side for Calling)

"I can't believe this was just a B-side, this would be an easy hit for Geri back in 2001"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

OIP.4zIXKVJTu0iP7dmbFStUbAHaHa?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

 

#89: Breathless - The Corrs
In Blue, 2000

"It's cute and aged pretty good I think. Just a really nice track, I should revisit the rest of their music maybe I'll vibe with more"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

5cfb195798cd52244c3c91d3976f19dd--vinyl-poster-poster-art.jpg

 

#88: No Fairy Tale - Lisa Loeb
No Fairy Tale, 2013

"Discovered Lisa Loeb around May of this year and this entire album is honestly so good. It feels like a demo album no shade, but a good demo album. I like how it's mature but fun and lighthearted. A shame this album cover was just for the Japanese edition. It looks really good"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

OIP.4TOg-OXENR_KBPyTbbhPogAAAA?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

 

#87: Music - Madonna
Music, 2000

"Basically every track I like by her is not on Celebration Tour, or she hates it :rip:. This track is so unique!"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

d83c2c5035feb45b346ed433e3dc360f.1000x1000x1.jpg

 

#86: And the Hero Will Drown - Story of the Year
Page Avenue, 2003

"Discovered this from Need for Speed Underground! Fun fact: Story of the Year got their breakthrough thanks to Madonna's Maverick Records, but after Warner exiled Madonna from her position as label CEO, SotY lost all their promo budget. She really liked them it seems!"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

075679762092-cover-225.jpg&ehk=SQs37mrTJsHBjbzZ2T0H1C9CzUixUjxTD9qZmnomT3E=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

 

#85: Avalanche - Avril Lavigne
Love Sux, 2021

"I cant @ Avrilizers hating this album. It's her most acclaimed and for a good reason. I'm actually surprised this one in particular made it to my Wrapped over some other tracks"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

812LGHJE5IL._SS500_.jpg

 

#84: Crash and Burn - Savage Garden
Affirmation, 1999

"Darren's ad-libs in the last 30 seconds :jonny3:"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

OIP.4TOg-OXENR_KBPyTbbhPogAAAA?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

 

#83: Amazing - Madonna
Music, 2000

"Apparently her team wanted to release this after What It Feels Like For A Girl and Madonna said no :suburban:"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

0093624972259_600.jpg

 

#82: Desperately - Michelle Branch
Hotel Paper, 2003

"This is one of those tracks where you think it's cute and that's it, but then it sticks because it's very easy on the ears. Michelle is also one of Madonna's Maverick Records artists! But she left on her own accord after 2003"

 

----------------------------------------------

 

M_SarahMcLachlanFumbling30_121123.jpg

 

#81: Ice Cream - Sarah McLachlan
Fumbling Towards Ecstacy, 1993

"This is also like Michelle's track for me. It's simple but still so captivating. And Sarah loves this track, she put it on her Greatest Hits album even tho it was just an album track, and she often does it live! AND she actually sent me a thank you video in my Spotify Wrapped unlike A CERTAIN woman named Madonna. Also she JUST announced an anniversary tour for this album and I KNOW SHE WILL DO THIS TRACK LIVE I HAVE TO SEE HER :wanda:"

Video Games

Spoiler

planet-coaster-console-park.jpeg

 

#9: Planet Coaster, 2016

"It's great that Frontier finally got to create the real Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 (TLDR, Atari stole RCT from Frontier). Wish they did more DLC before they moved on to Planet Zoo! I recently abandoned Open RCT2 because it seems like guest AI is just too hardcoded for the mod creators to be able to improve"

Animated Movies

Spoiler

cVSq3Cjmxfj9JWU27Ze5T6ctRHf.jpg

 

#9: Flushed Away, 2006

2000s DreamWorks

"God this movie really left an impression on me, I still remember the day I saw it in theatres. Such great world-building, I'm surprised they never made a TV show or a sequel. Recently rewatched it and I noticed some scenes had...iffy mouth-movement animations but overall the clay style aged well I think"

Pokemon

Spoiler

Vibrava.png

 

#9: Vibrava

Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald, 2002

"This dragonfly, man, at a glance, it's impossible to tell what typing it is. Dragon? Flying? Bug? Even Water is logical because dragonflies love water. It's a Ground type. One of my ALL TIME favorite types. Just a really great design and it's crazy useful as well. I love dragonflies because of Spyro and Sparx. Also, this summer there was a dragonfly in my yard, he fell on his back and couldn't get up, I actually grabbed him gently and then he flew away"

League of Legends

Spoiler

Sivir_OriginalSkin.jpg&ehk=iB3Wv0luFUNc9ClHCPcSxy6SAX2hKu6dCfjYHvPdNvk=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

 

#9: Sivir

Attack Damage Carry

"One of my first ADCs, I play her a lot these days because she's able to handle 1v2s very well and can move around fast. Her base AD is really high, W lvl 1 allows for some really good jabs. Add an early sheen and it's actually unreal how much damage you can deal with AA+W AA reset"

Sims 4

Spoiler

p0.jpg

 

#9: Paranormal

Stuff pack, 2021

"BUDGET! We got a new lot type, new ghosts, a new mini-storyline, dozens of new sound effects, visual distortions, a new active career, Bonehilda is back, and some really nice build/buy items that pair perfectly with Victorian StrangerVille builds, and mystical Realm of Magic builds AND they added a Fear emotion to the game. When the trailer dropped, I actually gasped out loud because we had a public vote, and people chose knitting (:rip:) instead of a spooky DLC. And low and behold, Maxis said "**** y'all" and went ahead and developed the spooky DLC as well. They spent 2 years of stuff packs' worth of budget on this one, and it was worth it"

 

 

 

Lego

Spoiler

lego-76991-4.jpg

 

#9: Tails' workshop, 2023

"Glad they made this! It's an iconic moment from Sonic 2 the game & the movie. And it's genuinely a cute plane build but I'll look for a method to extend the wings and raise the top section as well so it looks more accurate to real life"

 

2 solid 2000 classics in Music and Breathless :clap3: 

 

 

That SotY-Madonna connection :ohwow:

Yeah wow I'm surprised this is your first Best Of :lakitu: But I love the variety w/ your categories! ...although I don't play many games so I can't really comment on them kiiii.

 

Songs~ missin u :clap: Yeah she really surprised me, never cared about ha before this EP. Agree w/ missin u r&b version being superior. Bigger Wow is... okay. You're definitely right about the lyrics being dumb :oh: I think I know/like Fade Away? Can't remember Desperately oop. Music :sats: Breathless yessss!!! so good. also Avalanche :smitten: an easy Love Sux highlight.

 

Animated Movies~ Oliver/Great Mouse/Black Cauldron are all movies I'm aware of but have never watched :laugh: I rewatched Flushed Away this year! ... and it's not very good, but oh well. She's unique I suppose. 

Breathless, Music and Crash and Burn are classics :jonny: The way these songs are never leaving my playlist

 

I kinda obsessed with Paranormal pack lately, mainly becuase it has magic in it and also had hauted houses as lot challenge nnn

Im low key screaming at the categories :dies: But suit yourself Ratchet, you've been missing out for so many years!

Love many choices, but let me focus on PLANET COASTER. It's such a shame we couldn't get it under original franchise, cause it's a perfect follow up to RCT3 and it gives me the same joy the previous games did to this day. I wonder if they simply moved on to newer development and we're gonna get Planet Coaster 2 (aka RCT5) in 2025 or so

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Sorry that I had to pause this, Pokemon Johto Rate kept me busy. Lee said we have until January 7th for the Best Ofs so I will try to finish it by then if anyone still cares lol. 

  • ATRL Moderator

Happy to see Breathless here, it's such an underrated gem

 

Music, Amazing AND ICE CREAM :jonny5: 

Geri's b-sides are sometimes miles better than the stuff she used to put out on her albums :deadbanana4: hate her for that

Savage Garden :jonny5:

Amazing is cute, but I understand why she veto-ed its single release - it's a bit of a rehash of Beatiful Stranger :fan: Impressive Instant tho >>>> 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.