HIKARU UTADA ~ the discography rate [完了]

Subomie

Kinda surprised to see you doing this but I love it!! :jonny5:

I have listened to their stuff for an unhealthy amount of time already but I am excited to go through it all again for this! :angelo:

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subomie

• Suilen

• Curaga

• Cruel Summer

8 hours ago, madonnas said:

I will be panning one album. It’s boring and I’m tired of pretending it’s not! (Not Hatsukoi) 

I'm just going to be transparent right now with my choice and say Fantome. :rip: I LOVE Hatsukoi and they're very similar albums on paper, but I've never been able to get into it like the rest of her albums. 

• Like 1

There's... a few skips on Fantome for me, but the highs go way high. I don't think it's in my trinity tho!

I am utterly devastated to have walked into this thread only to immediately see Fantôme slander

Alexa play Nijikan Dake No Vacance featuring Sheena Ringo

• Like 5

Heart Station is bopping for me today :gaygacat5:One of the album tracks in particular!

It's gonna be hard to pick only one song for the 11 score :jonnycat: See when you have a flawless discog

• Like 2

The first ballot that isn't mine has arrived, now the tabulating begins. I love this part of hosting! Colour coding my spreadsheets as we speak.

utada-hikaru-thinking.gif

For the rest of you, you still have over a month to get scores done - keep listening, do your part, and stream this banger today :heart2:

Any place below top twenty is simply unacceptable.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2023 at 9:42 PM, Cruel Summer said:

I am utterly devastated to have walked into this thread only to immediately see Fantôme slander

Alexa play Nijikan Dake No Vacance featuring Sheena Ringo

Lmao this

• Like 1

The way half of Exodus is 9s and 10s and the other is 5s and below whew iconic album

• Like 1

I was worried a j-pop rate might be overly niche for ATRL but so many of y'all pledging to participate... shoot, I wasn't gonna cry here.

koda-kumi.gif

I'm hoping for at least twenty ballots by the deadline, I think we can do it!

• Like 1

Just turned in my ballot! It was so hard to choose only one song to give an 11 :monkey:

Sakura Drops, Simple & Clean, Keep Tryin’, Passion, Manatsu no Tōriame, Sakura Nagashi, Bad Mode, and Darenimo Iwanai are all 11s to me :bird:

And even beyond that, 10 was my most common score lol. We stan!!

• Like 1

Hey Hikkinators :heart2: when it comes to rating songs with multiple versions (the KH tracks... Flavor of Life... anything with an album/single mix difference...) I'd like it if you guys just score based on your preferred versions. Like, think Passion is a 10 but Sanctuary is only a 9? (first of all - tea!) Just throw it down as a 10 anyway. You like the upbeat version of Flavor of Life over the ballad version? That's the one you score then :heart:

Obviously, the exception to the rule here is Distance v Final Distance. Those two are... a different case. But just go by the song list in the OP and you'll get it! Any questions or queries or whatever - just reach out.

ayumi-hamasaki-utada-hikaru.gif

• Like 1

I've only listened to their English albums and BAD MODE.. maybe this would be a good excuse to dive into the rest of their discog 

• Like 1

I think I might do this. Do we have to register or something? I only ask because I've never done a rate before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meloetta Carey said:

I think I might do this. Do we have to register or something? I only ask because I've never done a rate before.

Nah! Just copy the list of songs I put in the OP into your preferred note taking app (Notepad, Excel, Sheets...) and start listening and assigning scores track-by-track! Then send it back to me once you're done :heart:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, conatus said:

Haven't done a rate in a hot minute but I might do this. Don't hold me to it though.

hiding-shady.gif

Tell me ur fave albums first so I know whether or not I want those votes...

hiding-shady.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My fav artist of all time - I’m definitely doing this

Manifesting a Be My Last, Marseille, Darenimo, Hotel Lobby, and Nijiiro Bus top 5 in any order :clap3:

• Like 2

Perfect timing for this thread. Legend is up to something for the 25th anniversary of their debut

• Like 1

Yes, parent! Come through and gift us for the holidays!

...but also, please don't give me more work to do.

koda-kumi.gif

• Like 1

@Yoko @Reginald @Katamari @sunbathinganimal @bestfiction @Take Me Apart @xfreshkidxx @gingguu @Cameltoe Chariot @Reverie @nostalgic @Nightingale @Suilen @Prince Tommy @madonnas @Ewan Chaos @confide in me @AMIT @Taste of Honey @Cruel Summer @1000 forms of queer @Fastlane @Invisibility @Saddy @Pendulum @Meloetta Carey @conatus @Dalmau

Hi!

FDNlKY3XsAscSAH?format=jpg&name=small

I'm tagging you to let you know that the deadline for submitting your scores is only one month away.

Start rating now to avoid any stressful last-minute rush!

She better not drop a surprise album tomorrow and make me push the date back...

Anybody who wants to be added/removed from future tagging sprees? Just lemme know. :heart: Most likely doing another one at the two week mark!

Thanks, girlies!

& stream Tomodachi for clearer skin!

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.